Team State

Joker

After this weekend it seems to be a three way race between cp md and pm. Does anyone know when the team state draws come out hopefully they are all not on the same side of the bracket.

Does anyone see what I see? Might just be fitting if they end up on the same side of the bracket.Unfortunately there would be one "unlucky" 3A school who would be stuck on that side also. I won't guess who that should be ?

Uhh, no dude.  What do you see?

Well "Dude" Just keep wearing those rose colored glasses and maybe you will see something I don't see.Then you can teach Oscar a thing or two about reality. Good Luck.

Does anyone see what I see? Might just be fitting if they end up on the same side of the bracket.Unfortunately there would be one "unlucky" 3A school who would be stuck on that side also. I won't guess who that should be ?

That might cost you some under the table cash to get that wish. ;D

After watching Perry this weekend, I like the way they match up with Crown Point. 

I don't know? I tried to give Perry every edge I could and the best I could come up with was 7-7 in match wins with CP getting more bonus points. The best I could come up with is 41-25 CP

I don't know? I tried to give Perry every edge I could and the best I could come up with was 7-7 in match wins with CP getting more bonus points. The best I could come up with is 41-25 CP

So you have 6 pins and tech fall for the Bulldogs in their 7 wins.  Not very likely.

So you have 6 pins and tech fall for the Bulldogs in their 7 wins.  Not very likely.

OOPS ! Bad Math      32-25 CP      I forgot to take away points I had given CP in worse case scenario for Perry. I am not saying Perry could not win. Just by the numbers it, and these are your rankings numbers, appears unlikely.  Three pins and two majors for CP.

Not picking a winner.  But the spread will be 3 or less.  Hope that it is not a first round match up.  There has to be something that can be done to separate these two teams until the final.

Have been wondering since last week, how Perry drops in the Coaches poll after defeating I believe 12 teams that were ranked in the top 20 through out the year?

Good luck to all of Indiana's wrestlers in the final stretch.  Stay healthy and wrestle hard. 

Not picking a winner.  But the spread will be 3 or less.   Hope that it is not a first round match up.  There has to be something that can be done to separate these two teams until the final.

Have been wondering since last week, how Perry drops in the Coaches poll after defeating I believe 12 teams that were ranked in the top 20 through out the year?

Good luck to all of Indiana's wrestlers in the final stretch.  Stay healthy and wrestle hard.  

I would have to agree, who has EMD beat or who did PM not beat bad enough for that leap to have happened? Not taking anything away from EMD, but after what PM did at the Bellmont Duals this past weekend how can they not be on CP's heels? I do agree there are clearly those 3 and then everyone else, but of those 3 I would have to say that Perry's dual scores are as impressive if not more than either CP or EMD! :o

It should be the North against the South for the Finals only other way would bracket the matches per rankings which would cause a big uproar . It would be crazy to do like they did last year where the 2 top teams faced each other in the first round . The last 3 teams should be P.M. - C.P. - E.M.D. anything else would be nuts .

Lets see who everyone has in terms of the 8 teams that they think are going to state this year?  I know that most would have CP, PM, and EMD but who do we think are the others?

OK  --     I'll Guess it will be either a 5A School,Private School(Probably Catholic), a team that had some lucky mysterious move-ins or a team just lucky enough to come through the Peru Regional or a combination of any of these. Lawrence North,Penn,Yorktown,Delphi and Roncalli.

OK  --     I'll Guess it will be either a 5A School,Private School(Probably Catholic), a team that had some lucky mysterious move-ins or a team just lucky enough to come through the Peru Regional or a combination of any of these. Lawrence North,Penn,Yorktown,Delphi and Roncalli.

lol, do you have any idea how many kids go to Yorktown?    do some research

lol, do you have any idea how many kids go to Yorktown?     do some research

Yes I do. And your point? Not all teams that make it to Team State will be 5A. I think I made that clear. Good Luck to Bellmont. I totally respect their program. Bellmonts history goes beyond the current team state format. I 'll do some research on that. At my age my memory is fading.

I just went through the CP/Perry matchup based on my rankings alone..

I have Perry winning 8 matches (112, 119, 125, 152, 160, 171, 189, 285)

I have CP winning 6 matches (103, 130, 135, 140, 145, 215)

This is if everyone wrestles where they are ranked and wrestling for the Sectional which is highly unlikely.  That said, it looks like Perry has the potential for a fall at 125.  CP has the potential for a fall at 103, 140, 145.

Some awesome toss-up matches if these 2 teams wrestle it straight up will be Kirk Johnson vs. Josh Flamme at 152, Nick Bova vs. Cameron Halsted at 130, and Aiden Kenny vs. Matt Harvey at 119.

I also think some 4 point majors are possible for Perry at 112 and 160 and are possible for CP at 135 and 215.

The way I drew it up like this... final score is 29-29.

You've gotta figure, however, that Flamme will weigh in at 45 for this dual and be the favorite against John Dodson of PM and then Roach will bump to 52 and be the favorite against Kirk Johnson.  This way, the teams split 7 wins apiece and if Kirk Johnson can keep it to a regular decision against Roach, the score comes out 29-26 CP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.