Team State

Joker

I think if you make the adjustment you outlined, you're projecting CP with a 29-26 win instead of a 29-29 draw. 

Original projection: Roach (CP) 6, Johnson (PM) 3

Adjusted lineup: Flamme (CP) 3, Roach (CP) 3...CP same point total, PM minus 3

Maybe I misunderstood what you were suggesting?

Heres a quick question...a little off topic....if at the regional team tourny, i decide to wrestle 135 (137) and weigh in at 136..but for individual tourny I am wrestling 130 (132).  By the rules of weight loss, am I allowed to cut and make my weight for 130 (132)?? I thought there was some rule about a certain % per week. 

PreparetoWin,

Y2 is correct.  I did get suspended due to the 1.5% rule...had to miss team and individual semi-state.  It sucked, but bottom line I broke the rule.  I would strongly suggest you contact Bobby Cox before you do anything to make sure you don't break it.  They are VERY strict about it...what I mean is if you lose an extra ounce you broke it.  (My guys lost more than that I am just saying they are very strict).  My understanding is if you use the pound they give you at the team regional and remain in the same weight class for the ind. regional you are okay and are not breaking the rule...but I would check on your specific situation.

Thanks

Darrick Snyder

An interesting point comes up when we look at what CP will do at 145 and 152.  I assume Vlink puts both Roach and Flamme on the Sectional roster at 145 and Roach wrestles 45 for the tournament series and Flamme wrestles 52.  Now, Flamme makes it to State at 52 and he weighs in at 154 at Conseco.  The next week at Team State, Vlink weighs him in at 147 so that he can get the Flamme-Dodson matchup and the Roach-Johnson matchup.  He would be breaking the weight management rule, but the IHSAA wouldn't have time to punish him in the future because the season would be over.  How would the IHSAA play this one?  Do they not let Flamme wrestle?  Do they make Vlink leave Team State?  Do they suspend him for the first match of the next season?  What happens?

I think if you make the adjustment you outlined, you're projecting CP with a 29-26 win instead of a 29-29 draw. 

Original projection: Roach (CP) 6, Johnson (PM) 3

Adjusted lineup: Flamme (CP) 3, Roach (CP) 3...CP same point total, PM minus 3

Maybe I misunderstood what you were suggesting?

You got it correct, maligned.  My mistake, I changed it.

.  How would the IHSAA play this one?  Do they not let Flamme wrestle?  Do they make Vlink leave Team State?  Do they suspend him for the first match of the next season?  What happens?

I think you just confused the IHSAA!!!!    :D

An interesting point comes up when we look at what CP will do at 145 and 152.  I assume Vlink puts both Roach and Flamme on the Sectional roster at 145 and Roach wrestles 45 for the tournament series and Flamme wrestles 52.  Now, Flamme makes it to State at 52 and he weighs in at 154 at Conseco.  The next week at Team State, Vlink weighs him in at 147 so that he can get the Flamme-Dodson matchup and the Roach-Johnson matchup.  He would be breaking the weight management rule, but the IHSAA wouldn't have time to punish him in the future because the season would be over.  How would the IHSAA play this one?  Do they not let Flamme wrestle?  Do they make Vlink leave Team State?  Do they suspend him for the first match of the next season?  What happens?

This is what they would do

FingerWag.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.