Braggin Rights

ontherise219

Now that we have our placers set in stone it is time for the braggin rights at Purdue Cal how is the Regions team going to look this year? Instead of Idiana singlets we should wear Region singlets

103/112 Stevens Merrillville 4th and 7th

119 Hawkins Crown Point 4th, 1st, 5th or Danny Bradley Knox 2nd but I dont know if they are covered

125 Napules Merrillville 4th 5th

130 Clark Calumet SQ

135 Shurg Crown Point SQ in 2008

140 Porras Hobart 2nd 1st 1st

145 Surma Munster 6th 4th

152 Hill Gary West Side SQ

160 McMurray Portage 7th 3x Champion 2x unbeaten

171 Wengel Merrillville 2x SSQ

189 Fowler Calumet 2x SSQ

215 Cleveland Lowell 3rd and 1st

Hwt Travis Merrillville 5th and 2nd 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we have our placers set in stone it is time for the braggin rights at Purdue Cal how is the Regions team going to look this year? Instead of Idiana singlets we should wear Region singlets

103/112 Stevens Merrillville 4th and 7th

119 Hawkins Crown Point 4th, 1st, 5th or Danny Bradley Knox 2nd but I dont know if they are covered

125 Napules Merrillville 4th 5th

130 Clark Calumet SQ

135 Shurg Crown Point SQ in 2008

140 Porras Hobart 2nd 1st 1st

145 Surma Munster 6th 4th

152 Hill Gary West Side SQ

160 McMurray Portage 7th 3x Champion 2x unbeaten

171 Wengel Merrillville 2x SSQ

189 Fowler Calumet 2x SSQ

215 Cleveland Lowell 3rd and 1st

Hwt Travis Merrillville 5th and 2nd   

At 130 Schrader is a senior and took 4th, Miracle is a senior and took 5th, Smith is a Senior and took 6th, Melliff is a Senior and took 7th and Stringfield is a Senior and took 8th.  I'm pretty sure all of these guys would get a shot before Clark of Calumet. 

215 look to be competitive with a place winner from Illinois vs. Cleveland. 

Indiana looks to take it. 

Did anyone else read that the 145lber didn't wrestle in the postseason bec of a broken finger???

I would have cut that thing off.  I mean you got back ups

Don't mean to get all conspiracy theory here, but why would the Times not ask McMurray to wrestle in it?  I thought the policy was always to ask the most accomplished senior, which McMurray is by far.  And it's not like they can say they just made an oversight, because that would be a pretty big oversight.  I don't know, maybe it's not worth harping on, but it just seems really odd to me. 

Don't mean to get all conspiracy theory here, but why would the Times not ask McMurray to wrestle in it?  I thought the policy was always to ask the most accomplished senior, which McMurray is by far.  And it's not like they can say they just made an oversight, because that would be a pretty big oversight.  I don't know, maybe it's not worth harping on, but it just seems really odd to me. 

Maybe due to their lack of coverage the times doesn't even know who McMurray is? It could be a strong possibility

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.