Upsets at state

stickittoem

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this year has the potential for alot of upsets. I think 103 if phillips gets beat it would not even be a huge upset still an upset. Obviously Ayersman and Beck can go either way.

I honestly feel Nelson is a great wrestler but he has to beat Lovejoy and Bradley which will be a challenge so there is another one. 25 is totally up in the air before I would say wright for sure but Bevans is tough not to mention Kieffer and Napules who meet in the quarters. THen I jump to 52 where I think Welch will win in an upset.

At 135 watch out for #4 seed Konrath of Mount Vernon to take out #1 seed Norton of Carrol in the first round.  Norton may be undefeated, but I don't think he's wrestled anyone either.  At SS Konrath destroyed Rassbach of Avon in the ticket round and Rassbach only had 1 prior loss.

At 135 watch out for #4 seed Konrath of Mount Vernon to take out #1 seed Norton of Carrol in the first round.  Norton may be undefeated, but I don't think he's wrestled anyone either.  At SS Konrath destroyed Rassbach of Avon in the ticket round and Rassbach only had 1 prior loss.

WOW!  No respect for a kid who placed 3rd at State last year?  135 was a loaded class in the NE part of the State this season.  Norton is the real deal!

I just want to say I am not a big Fort Wayne homer.  I think at most they can have 3 champs, but I can also tell you McCray is the real deal.  Haven't seen White wrestle but with 6 losses he will either get stuck or be controlled from start to finish.  He flat out can't hang with McCray.  Also 135 I see a repeat of the Fort Wayne semi state in the finals. 

At 171 watch out for Boots over Wiseman.  Boots 4 losses were to Brandt and I believe Stein and or Weiss.  With his family tree, I wouldn't count him out.

I am sorry but I think we will see the end of his run.  He has the ability, but he is on the mat with a whole different breed than he has been wrestling for the most part all year.

There are now 15 other Weiss and Stein's in the brackets.

He may make it to Saturday Morning...But I have a sneaking feeling that is where it may end.

Hate to say it...

I am sorry but I think we will see the end of his run.   He has the ability, but he is on the mat with a whole different breed than he has been wrestling for the most part all year.

There are now 15 other Weiss and Stein's in the brackets.

He may make it to Saturday Morning...But I have a sneaking feeling that is where it may end.

Hate to say it...

I didn't say he could win it.  I think he could beat Wiseman.  Also I don't believe there are 16 wrestlers in the 171 weight class that are all as good as the number 2 and 3 ranked kids in the state.

Your finishing in the upper half of the pic ems??

Are you asking if I am going to or if I own the finishings in the upper half of the pic'ems?  

I got laughed at last week for saying he would beat Ross.  

So, am I suppose to hope he doesnt win?

Are you asking if I am going to or if I own the finishings in the upper half of the pic'ems? 

I got laughed at last week for saying he would beat Ross. 

So, am I suppose to hope he doesnt win?

I'm saying it would be an upset for you to finish in top half. and that is what you are wishing for.  I know what the real upset is...just having fun

I just want to say I am not a big Fort Wayne homer.  I think at most they can have 3 champs, but I can also tell you McCray is the real deal.  Haven't seen White wrestle but with 6 losses he will either get stuck or be controlled from start to finish.  He flat out can't hang with McCray.  Also 135 I see a repeat of the Fort Wayne semi state in the finals. 

And two of his losses are to mcmurray 5-0 and quiroz 3-0 he won't get pinned maybe controlled but not pinned. But I'm still looking at that being an upset in 160 early upsets to start out the tourney

I'm saying it would be an upset for you to finish in top half.

I may not finish top half, but I will beat you and Y2 this year!!    ;D

wait a minute,  I will finish top half!!!!!!!!      8)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.