COLTS-jets

D2d

Sorry folks I'm a life long Jets fan.  I don't wish any ill will towards the Colts but I'll be rooting for the green and white this weekend.  Colts on paper probably have the better equipt team to be in the Super Bowl but the Jets have been finding ways with their defense and running game to frustrate teams in the last half of the season.  The best thing the Colts can do is score early and often while the Jets are still getting into their defensive rythem.  By the second quarter if the score is close (meaning low) the Jets have a chance.  If the Colts have a big lead however they should be able to win considering Sanchez is not (yet) a come from behind 4th quarter QB.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVP means Most VALUABLE Player. Manning is without a doubt the most valuable player to his team. Brees has good numbers, but look at who he has around him. Are you kidding me?? Bush, Colston, Henderson..a playmaker that can bust a run at anytime, and receivers that are 6 foot 4 plus. Manning on the other hand, has young recievers in collie and garcon who are both inexperienced...the offense has zero running game. I agree with the decision based on how valuable he is to the colts. With that said....colts roll the jets and send dirty sanchez and rex ryan back to NY wonderin what hit them. GO BLUE!

Look at all the great quarterbacks; Young, Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, Brady all have or did win Multiple championships.

I thought Young only won 1 as well.

Would you say Elway was a choker up until his final 2 years of his career?

Unfortunately Manning is somewhat known for his post season turnovers when the game is close.  We all know that he has little room for error against the Jets big time defense.  That's why I say again the Colts best option is to open the score up early, so they don't have to worry about pressure situations deep into the game.

Fact of the NFL Season:  2/3rds of the world is covered by water.  The other 1/3rd is covered by Darrelle Revis.

i give revis his due, amazing player. but i just dont see the jets winning this game. colts defense will step up big, no way mark sanchez comes in a puts up 17 or so points. he only throws like 2o times a game, and there is a reason for that. thomas jones and greene are tough, but ray rice and the ravens were supposed to run all over us too...didnt happen. peyton and the blue crew will  rise to the occassion and be in miami for the big one.

Look at the first game. The colts led 15-10 and were going to have the ball, before the 2nd stringers came in. The Jets scored on a kickoff return for a touchdown at the begining of the 3rd quarter. Unlikely that will happen again. The Colts likely would have scored with the first bunch in and it would have been game over. I think this game will be all colts.

I'd say thanks to the Owners and Coaches. By sitting the starters against the Jets, allowing the Jets into the playoffs, and letting the Jets play and beat the Chargers, they made our road to the Super Bowl as easy as possible by playing the #6 seed and now the #5 seed. Go Colts!

Colts 24

Jets 10

You're right.  Sure you know more than those that vote.  7 fourth quarter comebacks.  14-2 record (2 losses when he did not play).  Ironically he secured the award when he was out.  They will be terrible without him.  So by your reasoning Dan Marino was horrible?  Never won it all! 

How did Brees have a better year?  Passing yards - Manning 4,500, Brees - 4,388.  TD Passes - Manning 33, Brees 34.  Int - Manning 16, Brees 11.  Very comparable.  If anyone has a beef, it should be Chris Johnson.  At least you would have an argument there.

I wouldn't brag about 7 fourth quarter comebacks against the easy schedule the Colts played.

Yes, Brees had a better year.  More TD's, less INT's, a better completion percentage, a better passer rating. 

MVP means Most VALUABLE Player. Manning is without a doubt the most valuable player to his team. Brees has good numbers, but look at who he has around him. Are you kidding me?? Bush, Colston, Henderson..a playmaker that can bust a run at anytime, and receivers that are 6 foot 4 plus. Manning on the other hand, has young recievers in collie and garcon who are both inexperienced...the offense has zero running game. I agree with the decision based on how valuable he is to the colts. With that said....colts roll the jets and send dirty sanchez and rex ryan back to NY wonderin what hit them. GO BLUE!

Are you serious? I would take Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark over everyone on the Saints including Colston.  If a poor rushing game means MVP then I guess Philip Rivers should be the MVP.  SD had just as bad of a running game this year and Philip Rivers's stats were comparable to Manning.

Anyone gonna try to tailgate??

I'm thinking of giving it a go.

formerwrestler

YOU HAVE 2 TAILGATE MAN, THATS 1 THING I MISS ABOUT BEING HOME IS BEING ABLE 2 TAILGATE COLTS GAMES.. ESPECIALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS.. WE USED TO TAIL GATE ALL MORNING AND THEN WALK DOWN THE STREET 2 HOOTERS AND WATCH THE GAME..

GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES 8)

YOU HAVE 2 TAILGATE MAN, THATS 1 THING I MISS ABOUT BEING HOME IS BEING ABLE 2 TAILGATE COLTS GAMES.. ESPECIALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS.. WE USED TO TAIL GATE ALL MORNING AND THEN WALK DOWN THE STREET 2 HOOTERS AND WATCH THE GAME..

GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES 8)

Do you know any good tailgating spots, im gonna go tailgating, but want to no a good spot to go

I wouldn't brag about 7 fourth quarter comebacks against the easy schedule the Colts played.

horrible statment smooth..... lets look at a few things. First, lets look at the strength of the colts schedule. The colts opponents had a .516 winning percentage which would tie them for the 11th toughest schedule in the NFL.  Now that is hardly an "easy" schedule, it was actually slightly above average. Also SOS does not take into account the games that the colts played against thier oponents, if you take 14 wins and 2 losses out of the stats the winning percentage jumps to .541 winning percentage.

Now for the other fallicy in your argument, you have to look at the teams the Colts played when they had their 4th quarter comebacks. Here is a list and their records:

1 Miami

2 SF

3 Houston

4 New England

5 Baltimore

6 Houston

7 Jacksonville

Now 2 of those  games were against were against playoff teams, so they were legitimate 4th quarter comebacks. Next 3 of the  games were divisional opponents, and divisional games are always tough no matter how bad their record is, plus the colts had the toughtest division from top to bottom in the NFL. And all but two of those teams (jacksonville and miami ) had a winning or 500 record this year. Infact the combined winning percentage of those 7 teams were .527. Also if you remove the Colts wins from the records of those 7 team then the winning percentage jumps to .561.

horrible statment smooth..... lets look at a few things. First, lets look at the strength of the colts schedule. The colts opponents had a .516 winning percentage which would tie them for the 11th toughest schedule in the NFL.  Now that is hardly an "easy" schedule, it was actually slightly above average. Also SOS does not take into account the games that the colts played against thier oponents, if you take 14 wins and 2 losses out of the stats the winning percentage jumps to .541 winning percentage.

Now for the other fallicy in your argument, you have to look at the teams the Colts played when they had their 4th quarter comebacks. Here is a list and their records:

1 Miami

2 SF

3 Houston

4 New England

5 Baltimore

6 Houston

7 Jacksonville

Now 2 of those  games were against were against playoff teams, so they were legitimate 4th quarter comebacks. Next 3 of the  games were divisional opponents, and divisional games are always tough no matter how bad their record is, plus the colts had the toughtest division from top to bottom in the NFL. And all but two of those teams (jacksonville and miami ) had a winning or 500 record this year. Infact the combined winning percentage of those 7 teams were .527. Also if you remove the Colts wins from the records of those 7 team then the winning percentage jumps to .561.

What good teams did the Colts play this year?  Of the 11 other playoff teams in both leagues, they played 4 of them during the regular season:  Arizona, Baltimore, New York, and New England and they only dominated one of those games (against Arizona). They didn't play San Diego, New Orleans, Dallas, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Green Bay, or Cincinnati.  

Sagarin has the Colts schedule as 18th even after playing the Ravens again last weekend, which means it was worse than that during the regular season.  Sagarin also has the AFC South as the 3rd best division this season.  

Any you can't call the NE game a 4th quarter comeback.  It was more like a 4th quarter meltdown by Belicheck.

Well smooth, good is a rather subjective term.

But lets see, they played 6 games against teams above a .500 winning percentage, houston (twice), New England, New York (jets), Baltimore, and Arizona. Plus another three teams that were .500 in Jacksonville Denver and San francisco. And in all fairness they only faced one of the leagues completely inept teams (4 or less wins) Hmm, to me that sounds like a rather average schedule, not great, not bad either. My strength of Schedule is based off of pure winning percentage, I am not sure how Sargian does his.

Now as for the AFC south, take a look at the records compared to the other divisions. The Division had the best record in the AFC and NFL, the 2nd best team had a record good enough to be a playoff team in the AFC (but lost out on a tie breaker), the third place team was .500 which was about on par with the 5 of the other 7 divisions other divisions which all had 3rd place records between 7-9 to 9-7, and finally the AFC south was the only division to have their last place team win 7 games, only one other dvision won atleast 6. Not only that, the non division record of the AFC south was 26-14, the 2nd best record was in the NFC east with a 22-18 record, that is a 4 game difference.

And the New England game counts as a 4th quarter comeback because manning led his team from behind. Yes the 4th down call by Bellicheat helped, but for all we know manning would have still led his team to a TD even in NE punted. Fact is the Colts were trailing the the 4th quarter and came back, it counts, get over it.

Well smooth, good is a rather subjective term.

But lets see, they played 6 games against teams above a .500 winning percentage, houston (twice), New England, New York (jets), Baltimore, and Arizona. Plus another three teams that were .500 in Jacksonville Denver and San francisco. And in all fairness they only faced one of the leagues completely inept teams (4 or less wins) Hmm, to me that sounds like a rather average schedule, not great, not bad either. My strength of Schedule is based off of pure winning percentage, I am not sure how Sargian does his.

Now as for the AFC south, take a look at the records compared to the other divisions. The Division had the best record in the AFC and NFL, the 2nd best team had a record good enough to be a playoff team in the AFC (but lost out on a tie breaker), the third place team was .500 which was about on par with the 5 of the other 7 divisions other divisions which all had 3rd place records between 7-9 to 9-7, and finally the AFC south was the only division to have their last place team win 7 games, only one other dvision won atleast 6. Not only that, the non division record of the AFC south was 26-14, the 2nd best record was in the NFC east with a 22-18 record, that is a 4 game difference.

And the New England game counts as a 4th quarter comeback because manning led his team from behind. Yes the 4th down call by Bellicheat helped, but for all we know manning would have still led his team to a TD even in NE punted. Fact is the Colts were trailing the the 4th quarter and came back, it counts, get over it.

Not saying the Colts played the worst schedule in the league, but it's far from a tough schedule.  The AFC South should have had a great record agains the NFC because they played the NFC West (Seattle, St. Louis, San Francisco, and Arizona) which is probably the worst division in football. 

Like I said before, I'm not a Colts fan and I don't care either way if they win or lose.  However, I do think they will beat the Jets. 

Not saying the Colts played the worst schedule in the league, but it's far from a tough schedule.  The AFC South should have had a great record agains the NFC because they played the NFC West (Seattle, St. Louis, San Francisco, and Arizona) which is probably the worst division in football

Well the AFC South did play the NFC West so that did help in some ways. however, maybe the NFC east records were so bad because they played a tough AFC south? Also the NFC east had one real good team (ARIZONA) and a solid team in San Fancisco. But one other thing you failed to look at was that the AFC South played the AFC East, who was no slouch, exculuding the Bills. They had 2 playoff teams, plus the Dolphins were a pretty decent team.

I will say that you are right it was not a tough schedule, but your earlier post made it sound like the comeback wins should be discounted cause they played a pansy schedule or something. Fact is, schedule or not, most of those comeback wins were against .500 or above teams, which really made your comment against the colts comeback wins a strawman.

Do you know any good tailgating spots, im gonna go tailgating, but want to no a good spot to go

Wrestler...West of the Lucas oil there are several spots to tailgate that are close to the action, yet reasonably priced.  If you are planning on having a vehicle there plan on getting to the area @ 6 hrs. in advance of the game and you should be able to get a good spot relatively close to the stadium.  Diamond Chain allows people to park only (no tailgating) in their lot for @ $20 and there are several spots South of the Hurst Bean lot for the $25-30 range.  The East lots are all more expensive, and i think you have to walk farther.

Hope this is helpful

formerwrestler-Ultimate Tailgater

P.S. fearless...you cracking on my bus??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.