Perry Meridian vs Mishawaka Predictions

nickwack

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mish by 20 +     Near side cradle on a headlocker always works stay low and don't try to win a headlock contest. Mish too strong at multiple weights. Pins will make the difference. No underdog here. This is #1 vs #2. Wish I could be there. Penn is no slouch, just like Bloomington South was no slouch.  I have a lot of respect for region wrestling. Might just move to fit my own wrestling mantality.  8)   I Love Wrestling !!!   :) :)

Mish by 20 +     Near side cradle on a headlocker always works stay low and don't try to win a headlock contest. Mish too strong at multiple weights. Pins will make the difference. No underdog here. This #1 vs #2. Wish I could be there. Penn is no slouch, just like Bloomington South was no slouch.  I have a lot of respect for region wrestling. Might just move to fit my own wrestling mantality.  8)   I Love Wrestling !!!   :) :)

I think this may have already been discussed, but Penn and Mishawaka are not in the Region.

Darn, it sucks I can't see this one...

Would not surprise me one bit to see Penn pull off and upset or two. Coach Harper has the Kingsmen wrestling well.

I noticed Anglemyer(140)and Reagan(215) were not in Penn's lineup at the Al Smith . I think if any upsets were to happen at Bellmont , Penn would need these two starters in it's lineup .

OK, I took a snow day and I have too much time on my hands.

I did this by the science and math method. The only way Mishawaka loses this is if you guys do not show up to wrestle. Get prepared to open up a can of woop ass and do just that. I am just calling it as I see it. I have no favorites. Mishawaka has 9, thats right!, 9 guys ranked in the top ten, 3 guys ranked in the top 16 and only 2 guys unranked. That has got to be some kind of record. Perry on the other hand has 2 guys ranked in the top ten, 3 in the top 16 and    9 unranked wrestlers. Do rankings really mean something? That is a question for the coaches to answer. Some coaches work to get their guys ranked others do not give a hoot. Which one are you? In my opinion rankings are a good thing. They are a measuring stick for each kid to see how he stacks up against the competetion but there is no replacement determination, heart and pride when it comes time to hit the mat. This match will be just as much fun to analyze after the match is over. Good Luck to all!  Wish I could be there. 

OK, I took a snow day and I have too much time on my hands.

I did this by the science and math method. The only way Mishawaka loses this is if you guys do not show up to wrestle. Get prepared to open up a can of woop ass and do just that. I am just calling it as I see it. I have no favorites. Mishawaka has 9, thats right!, 9 guys ranked in the top ten, 3 guys ranked in the top 16 and only 2 guys unranked. That has got to be some kind of record. Perry on the other hand has 2 guys ranked in the top ten, 3 in the top 16 and    9 unranked wrestlers. Do rankings really mean something? That is a question for the coaches to answer. Some coaches work to get their guys ranked others do not give a hoot. Which one are you? In my opinion rankings are a good thing. They are a measuring stick for each kid to see how he stacks up against the competetion but there is no replacement determination, heart and pride when it comes time to hit the mat. This match will be just as much fun to analyze after the match is over. Good Luck to all!   Wish I could be there. 

mishawaka only has 9 ranked wrestlers all in the top ten and 4 unranked wrestlers dont know where u got 12 ranked wrestlers if off indianamat rankings??? u will be up for a suprised b/c the perry unranked wrestlers do have the heart and dedication put into pulling of some upsets ranking are always what u should go off of to predict winners guess well see hope all can make it down if not have fun sitting at home.

mishawaka only has 9 ranked wrestlers all in the top ten and 4 unranked wrestlers dont know where u got 12 ranked wrestlers if off indianamat rankings??? u will be up for a suprised b/c the perry unranked wrestlers do have the heart and dedication put into pulling of some upsets ranking are always what u should go off of to predict winners guess well see hope all can make it down if not have fun sitting at home.

Very well said there was three wrestlers that fell from the rankings at North Mont. and the ones that are not ranked easily could be. I see the Perry 189lber being back on the rankings after this weekend and 135lber as well. 215 should be breaking the rankings soon!!

Got my lines mixed up. That is 9 top ten wrestlers vs 5 top sixteen wrestlers and 5 unranked wrestlers vs 9 unranked wrestlers. That still looks like a record number. Don't those numbers look a little lopsided to you? If Perry loses at 112 and/or 152 they are dead ducks. No luck here just a fact. This is a bad match up for Perry with two of their three studs in swing matches. By the way, we wrestle 365 days a year in this house ,no sitting at home. We will spend our Spring Break in Iowa for Folkstyle Nationals. Have fun on the Beach. Or maybe I'll see you in Iowa.  

Very well said there was three wrestlers that fell from the rankings at North Mont. and the ones that are not ranked easily could be. I see the Perry 189lber being back on the rankings after this weekend and 135lber as well. 215 should be breaking the rankings soon!!

It seems to me that you are worrying too much about your son being ranked.  The only rankings that matter are the ones in February after Individual state is completed.  Every year, there are ranked wrestlers who get upset and don't make it out of their sectionals, while a few unranked wrestlers make it to Conseco.  IMO a lot of coaches don't give their input to the rankings guy about their wrestlers.  The rankings only reflect the wrestlers who have had input given from their coaches to the rankings guy.  Maybe you should swallow your pride and help your son just focus on wrestling his best every match and not worry about whether he's ranked or not. 

I would suspect that there are less than 20-30 kids in the state that go under the radar with our rankings.  Last year 143 out of 224 wrestlers at state were ranked in the top 16.  This does not include where two ranked wrestlers met and knocked one out of the tournament.  If the rankings guy would open up to 25 wrestlers, I would suspect 20-30 at most were not on the watch list.

I would suspect that there are less than 20-30 kids in the state that go under the radar with our rankings.  Last year 143 out of 224 wrestlers at state were ranked in the top 16.  This does not include where two ranked wrestlers met and knocked one out of the tournament.  If the rankings guy would open up to 25 wrestlers, I would suspect 20-30 at most were not on the watch list.

I also heard all but 1 Semi State Champ was accounted for and a pretty high percentage in the Semi were ranked. There are to many Indianamat spys out there to fly under the radar

Has there been any thought to post once in a while who is on the watch list?  It might make for more interest at tournaments to recognize some of the wrestlers who are on the watch list when looking at the brackets.  I know a lot of the wrestlers in Marion County and the Region, but I know very little about the ones from Ft. Wayne and that area. 

It seems to me that you are worrying too much about your son being ranked.  The only rankings that matter are the ones in February after Individual state is completed.  Every year, there are ranked wrestlers who get upset and don't make it out of their sectionals, while a few unranked wrestlers make it to Conseco.  IMO a lot of coaches don't give their input to the rankings guy about their wrestlers.  The rankings only reflect the wrestlers who have had input given from their coaches to the rankings guy.  Maybe you should swallow your pride and help your son just focus on wrestling his best every match and not worry about whether he's ranked or not.  

Andre could care less about what is ranked it matters come semi-state/state and his father is just excited for the future. The Rankings don't mean ahole lot he was just stating the last time he wrestled Thatcher really well ,2 matchs 2 points seperated them two , It will be a good match richards could very well win which would make him ranked, even though it don't mean alot to a young wrestler that puts in hard work"winning" likes to see the hard work they put in pay off to the wrestling communinty.

A good article in the Indy Star today. Here is the link       http://www.indystar.com/article/20100107/SPORTS0212/1070349/1169/SPORTS0212/Perry-Meridian-wrestlers-in-elite-field-at-Bellmont

Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend. It's gonna be a great show.

GO FALCONS!!!

Great stuff, It is about time leaving half day from work and headed to Bellmont. See ya there Y2 ;D    Let's Get'm Falcons!!  Every be safe hopefully everyone can make it , it stop snowing in Indianapolis "must be a sign" j/k

Great stuff, It is about time leaving half day from work and headed to Bellmont. See ya there Y2 ;D    Let's Get'm Falcons!!   Every be safe hopefully everyone can make it , it stop snowing in Indianapolis "must be a sign" j/k

Is your coach a "spin doctor" or what? He should work for Bill Clinton. "If we take a loss so be it" That team 2 years ago had 8 studs this team has 3. What a comparison!  Perry was the better team 2years ago. They just did not show up on team state day two years ago. This atricle was meant to pump up the only two guys who can save this team from destruction. Even if Perry 112 and 152 win small Mishawaka has 7 more studs. I will agree it will be a great day."If we take a loss so be it"  It won't be the end of the world. Just the end of the day.

Is your coach a "spin doctor" or what? He should work for Bill Clinton. "If we take a loss so be it" That team 2 years ago had 8 studs this team has 3. What a comparison!  Perry was the better team 2years ago. They just did not show up on team state day two years ago. This atricle was meant to pump up the only two guys who can save this team from destruction. Even if Perry 112 and 152 win small Mishawaka has 7 more studs. I will agree it will be a great day."If we take a loss so be it"  It won't be the end of the world. Just the end of the day.

The team will have to pull together and get some falls it is up to more than just two wrestlers its going to take everyone to play there roll.  Tonte for president

The team will have to pull together and get some falls it is up to more than just two wrestlers its going to take everyone to play there roll.   Tonte for president

You sure called that one right!  Looked like Custer's Last Stand. No one is going to stop this Mishawaka team.

Perry was the better team 2 years ago? they pulled an upset at bellmont and then mishawaka proved better at state. at bellmont perry may have been the superior team on that day but that 08 team was the class of the field in 08, as is this group of guys for mishawaka

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.