Perry Meridian vs Mishawaka Predictions

nickwack

This year Mishawaka is clearly the dominant team. But in 2008, that match could have gone either way. If Perry and Mishawaka had wrestled 10 times, I submit they would have gone 5-5. If you remember the match at team state Mishawaka won an ot match at 160 that proved to be the pivotal match. If Perry gets that takedown, it would have been the Falcon's match.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Custards" last stand????????

Yes .  Like ice cream splattered on a sidewalk on a hot summer day ;D That's what I meant. NOT.  There is no parity at the very top. The difference between first and second is about as wide as Snake River Canyon. Remember what happened there  in 1974.? If Evil Knievel had not had a parachute he would have been splattersd on the rocks below. Good luck making that jump!

This year Mishawaka is clearly the dominant team. But in 2008, that match could have gone either way. If Perry and Mishawaka had wrestled 10 times, I submit they would have gone 5-5. If you remember the match at team state Mishawaka won an ot match at 160 that proved to be the pivotal match. If Perry gets that takedown, it would have been the Falcon's match.

Seems you would have learned from caliboy about quantitative remarks. It had a lot more to do with than just "one" match. We can break it down later. I would have to do some research.

2008 State Finals : Mishawaka 29, Perry Meridian 24

103 ? Paul Beck, 10, Mishawaka def. Michael Clem, 9, Perry Meridian, major decision, 12-3.

112 ? Jim Schoettle, 12, Perry Meridian def. Matt Guerra, 10, Mishawaka, Injury default.

119 ? Jacob Tonte, 10, Perry Meridian def. Adam Guerra, 12, Mishawaka, fall, 3:10.

125 ? Josh Harper, 11, Mishawaka def. Brian Vest, 12, Perry Meridian, decision, 2-0.

130 ? Sampson Cook, 11, Perry Meridian def. Trent Reinoehl, 11, Mishawaka, decision, 12-10.

135 ? Joey Smith, 11, Mishawaka def. Jacob Tasseff, 11, Perry Meridian, decision, 3-2.

140 ? Steven Sandefer, 11, Mishawaka def. John Leonard, 12, Perry Meridian, major decision, 14-4.

145 ? Blake Wood, 11, Perry Meridian def. Neal Kostry, 12, Mishawaka, decision, 1-0.

152 ? Chris Stepp, 12, Perry Meridian def. Brandon Mersich, 12, Mishawaka, decision, 3-1.

160 ? Tim Forte, 11, Mishawaka def. Cory Hudgins, 11, Perry Meridian, decision, 7-5.

171 ? Caleb Norville, 12, Mishawaka def. Mike Hughey, 12, Perry Meridian, decision, 9-6.

189 ? Brandon Straub, 12, Mishawaka def. Nick Barnes, 11, Perry Meridian, fall, 1:59.

215 ? Dave Balentine, 12, Mishawaka def. Chris Schaefer, 11, Perry Meridian, decision, 3-1.

285 ? Chico Adams, 12, Perry Meridian def. Randy Morin, 12, Mishawaka, decision, 2-0.

OK... it was not an ot match at 160, but one that was decided late. There were 2, 2-0 matches, both won by state champions, so neither was going to change. Mishawaka won a 1-point, 2 other 2-point and a 3-point match. Perry won a 1-point and a 2-point match. The point that I was trying to make was that year the 2 teams were extremely close and the title could have gone either way. That is clearly not the case this year.

2008 State Finals : Mishawaka 29, Perry Meridian 24

103 ? Paul Beck, 10, Mishawaka def. Michael Clem, 9, Perry Meridian, major decision, 12-3.

112 ? Jim Schoettle, 12, Perry Meridian def. Matt Guerra, 10, Mishawaka, Injury default.

119 ? Jacob Tonte, 10, Perry Meridian def. Adam Guerra, 12, Mishawaka, fall, 3:10.

125 ? Josh Harper, 11, Mishawaka def. Brian Vest, 12, Perry Meridian, decision, 2-0.

130 ? Sampson Cook, 11, Perry Meridian def. Trent Reinoehl, 11, Mishawaka, decision, 12-10.

135 ? Joey Smith, 11, Mishawaka def. Jacob Tasseff, 11, Perry Meridian, decision, 3-2.

140 ? Steven Sandefer, 11, Mishawaka def. John Leonard, 12, Perry Meridian, major decision, 14-4.

145 ? Blake Wood, 11, Perry Meridian def. Neal Kostry, 12, Mishawaka, decision, 1-0.

152 ? Chris Stepp, 12, Perry Meridian def. Brandon Mersich, 12, Mishawaka, decision, 3-1.

160 ? Tim Forte, 11, Mishawaka def. Cory Hudgins, 11, Perry Meridian, decision, 7-5.

171 ? Caleb Norville, 12, Mishawaka def. Mike Hughey, 12, Perry Meridian, decision, 9-6.

189 ? Brandon Straub, 12, Mishawaka def. Nick Barnes, 11, Perry Meridian, fall, 1:59.

215 ? Dave Balentine, 12, Mishawaka def. Chris Schaefer, 11, Perry Meridian, decision, 3-1.

285 ? Chico Adams, 12, Perry Meridian def. Randy Morin, 12, Mishawaka, decision, 2-0.

OK... it was not an ot match at 160, but one that was decided late. There were 2, 2-0 matches, both won by state champions, so neither was going to change. Mishawaka won a 1-point, 2 other 2-point and a 3-point match. Perry won a 1-point and a 2-point match. The point that I was trying to make was that year the 2 teams were extremely close and the title could have gone either way. That is clearly not the case this year.

As I look over your stats I will agree this match up might be a toss up. There are many factors that changed from match #1 and match #2 in 2008. Were the match starts is critical for momentum. This has nothing to do with talent just chance.

You stated this was a 5o-50 probability then that means two wins in a row was within the realm of possibility, maybe not probability. What my point was is that Perry had enough and I believe more studs that year. Or maybe better studs. Or maybe more experienced studs. Whatever. My original post was aimed at the comparison made in the news article. I felt it was invalid. 2008 was a squandered opportunity and 2010 well...... you said it "clearly no contest"

Your coaching staff needs to work on getting kids ready in the hole! Pre -Preparation of the next guy up. It could be a missing link?????

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.