Rankings Updated 12/20 at 4 PM Eastern

RankingsGuy

According to the scores on the results part of this site, Lowell has two wrestlers named Morse that pulled off upsets not posted in the rankings.  I am not sure they are rankings worthy, but they beat Mishawaka ranked kids.

135 Gabe Morse beat Matt Guerra 7-5

171 Jackson Morse beat Morin 19-4

I'm sure its PSA time again so more people can help with the ranking instead of getting confused about them.

[move]Please send any complete and reliable info about any wrestlers record to The Rankings Guy.[/move]This will help him in establishing the proper rankings list.  Here-say and partial information may not be enough, so the more information (and linking a documented source) the better.  Do not assume it has already been sent by someone else.  Without this information it is almost impossible to correctly complete the rankings.  That is all.  You may now returned to your regularly scheduled wrestling message board reading.

was just looking over the rankings. just wanted to know how dominique price got ranked so high at 112, who has he beat? and fellers got ranked so low at 140. i mean price was a semi state qualifier last year at 103 and there are multiple returning state qualifiers ranked behind him. i thought fellers was ranked pretty high at the start of the season and i didn't think he had lost a match yet. just wondering how you base the criteria?

Also, how did South Bend Clay's 145 pounder LaQaun Lunford not stay ranked? He went 5-0 this weekend at the munster super dual. Had 3 pretty good wins against tough oppenents from East Noble, New Prarie and also had a Major Decision over Munsters 145 pounder.

domonique price is ranked where he is because of his impressive ISWA results and the fact that he had a great season last year at 103.  He had a win over Harvey from Cathedral last season and the only reason he did not qualify for Conseco last year was because 103 was loaded in the New Castle semi-state.  He has done nothing to show me that he doesn't deserve to be ranked in the top 12 at 112 this season.

as far as 145 and laquan lunford, he started the weekend ranked 16th at 145. i understand that he went undefeated at the munster super duals and beat munster's 145 pounder matt henderson by major decision.  At the Al Smith, however, Munster's 152 pounder, Alex Surma, who was 6th in the state last year at 140 and has wins this season over Zach Corpe and Jimmy LaRowe at 152 will be dropping down to 145 and is deserving of the 3rd ranking at 145.  With Surma sliding in at 3rd at 145, everyone dropped down one position, and Lunford slid out of the top 16 into the top spot on the watch list.  hope this clears up any confusion

How does Mcdaniels @ 215 keep going down? He's undefeated, he has been defending his ranking. Curtis vice from Lafeytte Jefferson 215 lost to a 171 pounder bad, and he still manages to stay in the top 10?? What's the reasoning?

The ranking were undated on  12/20 at 4 PM Eastern . What date and time did you send this information in to the rankings guy?

How does Mcdaniels @ 215 keep going down? He's undefeated, he has been defending his ranking. Curtis vice from Lafeytte Jefferson 215 lost to a 171 pounder bad, and he still manages to stay in the top 10?? What's the reasoning?

That little 171 pounder will be at 215 now.  He was cutting too much weight.  He is already over 190 after 4 days if that clears it up!  I'm very biased, but I think he's a pretty good wrestler!  ;)

Just wondering why you have 5 guys ranked from the Evansville SS. They may be good wrestlers but unless one of them move someone isn't going to make the final cut. I think you could find enough talent to rank evenly from the SS's it would give a more clear picture of the real finals.

Just wondering why you have 5 guys ranked from the Evansville SS. They may be good wrestlers but unless one of them move someone isn't going to make the final cut. I think you could find enough talent to rank evenly from the SS's it would give a more clear picture of the real finals.

I was referring to 130 sorry forgot to add that.

Yes I agree good kids could be grouped together in one area but it is like watching paint dry waiting for dome of these guys to wrestle each other or get some common opponents. The rankings guy seems to do a lot with the information he is given. I just think it would make his job easier if the SS guys would get their information correct. We are halfway through the season and many guys are still not listed in their correct weight class. I love the stats and enjoy checking on other Kidd and schools but it can be a little frustrating at times.

The purpose of the rankings is to rank the top 16 wrestlers in the state, no matter where they are from.  They are rankings, not state finalist predictions.  For instance, last year Jarred Brooks by far was a top 16 wrestler in the state, but due to being in a tough semi-state and having a tough draw did not make it to state.  There are very few if anyone in the state that would question him being a top 16 wrestler in the state.

Secondly, being vague saying there are wrestlers not ranked or in wrong weights does not help.  Be specific, the rankings guy is tracking probably close to 25 wrestlers per weight and its not as easy as you think.  On top of that, he does have inside information from many people on weights kids are going not only now, but for the state tournament.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.