AL Smith 2009

monkeywrestler

There are always a ton of Good Matches I don't know if there is going to be another Cashe Here wwhen he beat Porras and Harper But I would like to hear some picks Some awesome Match ups

103 Stevens vs Brooks anyone who was at Merrillville Last year Will be pumped to see the rematch

112 Beck vs Ayerman  this could be a future Semi Sate finals

152 Surma vs Stahl Surma beat him early last year Stahl beat him Sat morning at state

215 Lentz vs Cleveland This is a awesome match from Semi state again

Hwt Travis vs Thomas 2 of the Top HWt in the State

Just to name a few

I say Ayersman gets the win over Beck. Should be a good one to watch.  Also how about the Stahl vs. Corpe match, That should be a real good! These 2 have been practice partners the last few years maybe more depending on MS and weight. I had heard that Stahl always handled Corpe in practice. Now we get to see those 2 go at it. There is a big difference between wrestling somebody in practice and a real match(if its true).  Lets hear some picks!  Also Ill take Cleveland over Lentz.  This should be a good one, should be able to keep people from leaving early with that match up.

I say Ayersman gets the win over Beck. Should be a good one to watch.  Also how about the Stahl vs. Corpe match, That should be a real good! These 2 have been practice partners the last few years maybe more depending on MS and weight. I had heard that Stahl always handled Corpe in practice. Now we get to see those 2 go at it. There is a big difference between wrestling somebody in practice and a real match(if its true).  Lets hear some picks!  Also Ill take Cleveland over Lentz.  This should be a good one, should be able to keep people from leaving early with that match up.

what is your reasoning for any of these three? i would love to hear them. not trying to sound cocky or anything as im just a fan but ive watched a lot of wrestling so why do these happen? beck has been on fire and has a lot more experience than ayersman. stahl has also been wrestling his best only losing to mcmurray when wrestling up giving up pounds. (not that mcmurray wouldnt take him on even levels cause mcmurray is a beast and IMO best p4p) and who has stopped lentz or even come close? lentz has history beating cleveland last year at state i believe it was. im not trying to sound biased even though i know i am i dont see how any of these three can be stopped

I would probably agree at 152. As far as the other 2 I think I might be a little biased also, being from the region of course. I just think Kyle is as tough as they come and Cleveland is hungry. Not to say the other kids don't feel the same but it just my opinion. We 'll see next week, One thing for sure its going to be some good wrestling!

I think Stahl wins at 152 no matter who he wrestles and Frankie Porras at 140. I also cant wait to see Anthony Quiroz wrestle that day at 160, he is finally at that weight, at least he was at the Merr. tourny. That will be a fun weight class to watch. And I am also going for Klye Ayersman to win his weight class.

I would probably agree at 152. As far as the other 2 I think I might be a little biased also, being from the region of course. I just think Kyle is as tough as they come and Cleveland is hungry. Not to say the other kids don't feel the same but it just my opinion. We 'll see next week, One thing for sure its going to be some good wrestling!

I was reading some posts earlier this year and alot of people from the region think Mishawaka is from the region. Obliviously you don't.

ff

I would have to say Porras is the clear favorite at 140. Lets not forget Thorton at 125, that adds some depth at that weight class with Gregory and Napules

let us also not forget taylor wisler who wrestled gregory very close 5-3 in the dual. and to the other post. kyle is very tough there is no doubt about it.

Yeah I was forgetting Taylor He's good and should compete right up there with the best of them. I was looking at some results and seen that Porras had a 4-2 match with Lamb. Does anyone have info on the match?  Was it as close as the score? I've seen Frankie control the whole match and only win by a couple points before. Regardless 2 point decision still gives the your opponent a chance to win til the very end. Controled or not

I think by Lamb you mean Brady.  I was not at the match, but heard that porras got a takedown early and rode him out for the first period.  In the second Brady got 2 stalling calls in the second period giving porras a point so it was 3-0 after 2 with not much action.  Brady did get a takedown in the third on sloppy wrestling by porras and porras escaped bringing the final to 4-2.  I think Porras would beat him by a reasonably larger margin if they face again.

what is your reasoning for any of these three? i would love to hear them. not trying to sound cocky or anything as im just a fan but ive watched a lot of wrestling so why do these happen? beck has been on fire and has a lot more experience than ayersman. stahl has also been wrestling his best only losing to mcmurray when wrestling up giving up pounds. (not that mcmurray wouldnt take him on even levels cause mcmurray is a beast and IMO best p4p) and who has stopped lentz or even come close? lentz has history beating cleveland last year at state i believe it was. im not trying to sound biased even though i know i am i dont see how any of these three can be stopped

Cleveland and Lentz didn't wrestle at state last year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.