3 Nacovski Lake Central

Hwt

1 Travis Merrillville

3 Thomas Mishawaka

6 Meyers Belmont

8 Thispen Lawrence Central

12 Jenkis Jasper

13 Palmer Southport

How do you think sparks will do. I here he is cutting down to 145. And then staying there for the rest of the year. I thought he looked big 152 he must look huge at 145. But think he will do good. He looks great he could have beat tanner lynde this week at twin lakes if he had a few more seconds......

let us also not forget taylor wisler who wrestled gregory very close 5-3 in the dual. and to the other post. kyle is very tough there is no doubt about it.

I believe Gregory will be at 119 for the Al Smith and the rest of the year .

Awood3 is going to be upset, but thats makes 160 more interesting.  Stahl vs. Corpe was one of many a lot of fans wanted to see. Hopefully we can see Quiroz vs. Corpe, this should be a great one for the fans to see!!!

i dont think corpe can get past stahl or white at 52 or 60 IMO. white is wrestling fantastic this year.

I looked at 135 looks like pretty weak weight class to me.

So are you saying that's the weakest weight?  So far as what Decbell posted for the seedings it is this for placewinners at the Al Smith last year:

103-5

112-3

119-2

125-5

130-2

135-4

140-4

145-2

152-3

160-4

171-3

189-1

215-4

285-5

So how would 135 be the weakest weight there?  IMO there are no weak weights.

I say Ayersman gets the win over Beck. Should be a good one to watch.  Also how about the Stahl vs. Corpe match, That should be a real good! These 2 have been practice partners the last few years maybe more depending on MS and weight. I had heard that Stahl always handled Corpe in practice. Now we get to see those 2 go at it. There is a big difference between wrestling somebody in practice and a real match(if its true).  Lets hear some picks!  Also Ill take Cleveland over Lentz.  This should be a good one, should be able to keep people from leaving early with that match up.

Corpe is at 160 anyway for the Al Smith.. word is he wants no part of stahl.. Stahl wants him though

So are you saying that's the weakest weight?  So far as what Decbell posted for the seedings it is this for placewinners at the Al Smith last year:

103-5

112-3

119-2

125-5

130-2

135-4

140-4

145-2

152-3

160-4

171-3

189-1

215-4

285-5

So how would 135 be the weakest weight there?  IMO there are no weak weights.

My guess is that monkey is using a different set of criteria to determine strength or weakness.  If you are using state rankings and or returning state finalists, then 135 is slightly weaker than most of the other weight classes.

I say Ayersman gets the win over Beck. Should be a good one to watch.  Also how about the Stahl vs. Corpe match, That should be a real good! These 2 have been practice partners the last few years maybe more depending on MS and weight. I had heard that Stahl always handled Corpe in practice. Now we get to see those 2 go at it. There is a big difference between wrestling somebody in practice and a real match(if its true).  Lets hear some picks!  Also Ill take Cleveland over Lentz.  This should be a good one, should be able to keep people from leaving early with that match up.

lets not count out garcia  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Commenting on the Twin Lakes Sparks/Lynde match...a few more seconds and Sparks could have won?  T allowed the takedown that Sparks scored on as the lesser of two evils as T knew that Sparks couldn't turn him...(he also knew the clock time and how the official was calling the out-of-bounds and as it was the last match of the day, both boys were a little gassed - sounds like excuses, but I consider it good wrestling to know you competitor, official and the clock).  other than that (and the fact that this was the second time in two weeks that Lynde beat Sparks) a few more seconds would not have mattered.  Also heard from Spark's team mates that he commented on the fact of how brutal T was on top.  I watched both matches and there was never a question.  Sparks is a great kid and great wrestler, but I have to go on the record that I believe T managed both matches quite well. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.