Cashe(purdue) Vs. Angel(iu)??

hammer91

Precin's style and Angel's style of wrestling are completely different.  Using that match as a comparison is not likely how the match will go when they wrestle at Lawrence North, if they do wrestle, as Angel has wrestled Fields the last 3 times he had to face Purdue, including Vegas.

I believe the only real threat to Angel this year is T-Nick.  Although I think that a now healthy Esco wins.

It's "possible" for them to meet up in another week at the Southern Scuffle....although I'm guessing Troy is a no show.

Individuals ranked (at the Scuffle) in the latest InterMat rankings:

125 Pounds:

1. Troy Nickerson - Cornell (returning NCAA champion)

2. Angel Escobedo - Indiana (returning NCAA champion)

4. Zach Sanders - Minnesota (returning AA)

5. James Nicholson - Old Dominion (returning AA)

6. Jarrod Garnett - Virginia Tech

7. Eric Morrill - Edinboro

Cashe wrestled at the Cleveland State Open because he wasn't in Purdue's  starting line-up earlier that week  at Vegas where Angel met Fields and won 14-2.  Angel went on to win the tournament (beating Robles handily) and was awarded the OW.

That being said Cashe has to be gaining a ton of experience rolling with Fleeger. 

Cash wont score an offensive point on Angel! would like too see a BROOKS and Cash matchup! Brooks has beat Cash 4 out of 5 matches . losing too him in07 and then tech falling him at freestyle state the same year.Cashes match with Alex Johns this year was too be expected. Johns is a very hard wrestler to wrestle and i give him all his props as being one of the best! Fleeger will do wonderfull things for Cash in the coming years Just like Angel, Andrae and Joe Debuque are doing for Brooks. Justin finally has the workout partners he never had in high school and has improved tremendously.Hopfully we will see the matchup next year!!!

I must say its extremely nice to see people talking about Indiana born kids high in the college ranks.  Good luck to all these fine young men and ones coming up.

It is great to hear the success of the IN wrestlers being spoken on the discussion board. It's fun to still see all the guys get to wrestle each other still out of high school. Many of them still contact each other and are some of each others biggest fans. Good Luck to all the IN wrestlers competing in college. It really shows that not all the best go to D1 schools and many can still be at the top when they attend D2 or D3 programs. Whichever fits the student athlete the best is where they should attend to get their education and still be able to compete and enjoy this sport.

seeing as how angel has experience against high level ncaa wrestlers , and cashe is a young freshman. angel is on a mission like the rat said, i am going to have to agree with mostly everybody that angel will win the match no problem with a maj. or T.fall.. i think that angel is on to high of level of wrestling for cashe , but cashe could suprise us . my pick is angel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.