Two HUGE Meets in Michiana this week!

Darrick Snyder

Just wanted to get word out there that there will be two exciting meets this week in the Michiana Area.

Mishawaka vs. Penn - Thursday at 7PM at Penn High School -  - always an exciting and packed meet.  In my opinion, this is one of the best rivalies in the state.

Mishawaka vs. Lowell, MI - Friday at 6PM at Mishawaka High School - Lowell is the returning State Champions in their division in Michigan and are very talented.  They currently have 3 wrestlers ranked number 1 in the state.  We are hoping to represent Indiana well.

Thanks!

Darrick

Thanks for the info and Good Luck Coach! Keep up the good work ,in my opinion you are one of the top coaches in the state. Always looking to wrestle the top competition. Hopefully and can make the drive down there and watch Mishawaka put a whooping on Lowell MI.

Thanks for bringing so much attention to wrestling in our area Coach Snyder!  It is nice to turn on the evening & late night news and actually see high school wrestling in the sports cast.  For those who have never been able to attend any Mishawaka meets they are an event.  There is always lots of buzz around each match.  Although, when the match is at Penn the atmosphere is not as great as when it is in The Cave.  Last year I was fortunate enough to referee this match at Mishawaka.  When I left my lockerroom to cross the gym floor for weigh-ins there was a DJ stand with 2 - 6' Bose speakers playing "Crazy Train!"  THIS WAS BEFORE I STARTED WEIGH-IN!  The mother's hanging the 6' banners on the balcony needed mood music I guess.  After I left my locker for the last time I found all the lights had been turned out except for a spotlight and the floor in front of the bleachers had been filled with TV cameras.  The atmosphere could only be described as a rock concert with mats!  Despite all of the blood, spit, and fire in the fight, after the match it took on a whole new feel.  It turned into something of a reunion!  The mats were covered with old rivals sharing stories and retelling their favorite moments of the night's action.  I'm telling you, I have been to team state, individual, nationals...  If you ever get the chance to come to a Mishawaka match don't miss it!

I looked up the ranked wrestlers for Mishawaka and Lowell (Michigan Grappler only ranks 10 places).

Mishawaka                                                                              Lowell

#1- 112 Paul Beck                                                                  #6-130 Gabe Morse

#12-119 Layten Binion                                                        #4-140 Dan Fleet

#12-125 Taylor Wisler                                                        #1-145 Andrew Morse

#4-130 Nick Schrader                                                          #1-160 Jackson Morse (won the Super 32 last 2 years)

#5-135 Matt Guerra                                                              #7-171 Gabe Dean

#14-140 Anthony Eddy                                                      #1-189 Ryan Olep

#2-152 Ryan Stahl                                                                #4-285 Conn0r Kruse   

#8-160 Alex White

#8-171 Richard Morin                                                                                                 

#1-215 Christian Lentz

#2-285 Travis Thomas

Thursday's with Penn definitely will be with Coach Al Smith and Referee Jeff Colburn doing the commentary.

I will check with the Mishawaka students to see if they can do the Lowell match as well

Thank you! Could you please post more information about where and when to find the broadcast vs Lowell, MI. ?

Mishawaka vs Penn

103 - Grant Martsolf (M) vs. #10 Mikey Witious (P)

112 - #1 Paul Beck (M) vs. Ben Varner (P)

119 - #12 Layten Binion (M) vs. Tyler Chapple (P)

125 - #12 Taylor Wisler (M) vs. #6 Alex Gregory (P)

130 - #4 Nick Schrader (M) vs. Trevor Manspeaker (P)

135 - #3 Matt Guerra (M) vs. Ben Sokol (P)

140 - #13 Anthony Eddy (M) vs. Grant Anglemeyer (P)

145 - Tyler Reinoehl (M) vs. Pat Davenport (P)

152 - #2 Ryan Stahl (M) vs. Mike Hummer (P)

160 - #7 Alex White (M) vs. #16 Austin Kunze (P)

171 - #6 Richard Morin (M) vs. Andy Wiseman (P)

189 - Danny Abu-shehab (M) vs. Michael Ham (P)

215 - #1 Christian Lentz (M) vs. Devin Reagan (P)

HWT - #3 Travis Thomas (M) vs. Nick Johnson (P)

this is based off of the Triacoff and Charger line-ups

Mishawaka vs Penn

103 - Grant Martsolf (M) vs. #10 Mikey Witious (P) dec. Witious 0-3

112 - #1 Paul Beck (M) vs. Ben Varner (P) p. Beck 6-3

119 - #12 Layten Binion (M) vs. Tyler Chapple (P) d. Binion 9-3

125 - #12 Taylor Wisler (M) vs. #6 Alex Gregory (P) d. Gregory 9-6

130 - #4 Nick Schrader (M) vs. Trevor Manspeaker (P) d. Schrader 12-6

135 - #5 Matt Guerra (M) vs. Ben Sokol (P) d. Guerra 15-6

140 - #14 Anthony Eddy (M) vs. Grant Anglemeyer (P) d. Eddy 18-6

145 - Tyler Reinoehl (M) vs. Pat Davenport (P) d. Davenport 18-9

152 - #2 Ryan Stahl (M) vs. Mike Hummer (P) p. Stahl 24-9

160 - #8 Alex White (M) vs. #16 Austin Kunze (P) d. White 27-9

171 - #8 Richard Morin (M) vs. Andy Wiseman (P) d. Morin 30-9

189 - Danny Abu-shehab (M) vs. Michael Ham (P) d. Ham 30-12

215 - #1 Christian Lentz (M) vs. Devin Reagan (P) md Lentz 34-12

HWT - #2 Travis Thomas (M) vs. Nick Johnson (P) p. Thomas 34-12

Mishawaka vs Penn

103 - Grant Martsolf (M) vs. #10 Mikey Witious (P)

112 - #1 Paul Beck (M) vs. Ben Varner (P)

119 - #12 Layten Binion (M) vs. Tyler Chapple (P)

125 - #12 Taylor Wisler (M) vs. #6 Alex Gregory (P)

130 - #4 Nick Schrader (M) vs. Trevor Manspeaker (P)

135 - #5 Matt Guerra (M) vs. Ben Sokol (P)

140 - #14 Anthony Eddy (M) vs. Grant Anglemeyer (P)

145 - Tyler Reinoehl (M) vs. Pat Davenport (P)

152 - #2 Ryan Stahl (M) vs. Mike Hummer (P)

160 - #8 Alex White (M) vs. #16 Austin Kunze (P)

171 - #8 Richard Morin (M) vs. Andy Wiseman (P)

189 - Danny Abu-shehab (M) vs. Michael Ham (P)

215 - #1 Christian Lentz (M) vs. Devin Reagan (P)

HWT - #2 Travis Thomas (M) vs. Nick Johnson (P)

103 - Penn 3, Mish 0

112 - Penn 3, Mish 6

119 - Penn 3, Mish 9

125 - Penn 6, Mish 9

130 - Penn 6, Mish 13

135 - Penn 6, Mish 19

140 - Penn 6, Mish 22

145 - Penn 9, Mish 22

152 - Penn 9, Mish 28

160 - Penn 9, Mish 31

171 - Penn 9, Mish 34

189 - Penn 12, Mish 34

215 - Penn 12, Mish 40

HWT - Penn 12, Mish 46

I think penn is very much improved, but personally mishawaka is just too strong IMO

That should be a little test for Mishawaka vs. Lowell(MI)

My son had the pleasure with teaming up with the Lowell boy's in a dual the end of this summer the Morse brothers are great wrestlers. the 160 match should be a pretty good one.

I am sure Mishawaka will still come into North Mont undeafeted!!

That should be a little test for Mishawaka vs. Lowell(MI)

My son had the pleasure with teaming up with the Lowell boy's in a dual the end of this summer the Morse brothers are great wrestlers. the 160 match should be a pretty good one.

I am sure Mishawaka will still come into North Mont undeafeted!!

I don't think Mishawaka wrestles at North Mont.

103 - Penn 3, Mish 0

112 - Penn 3, Mish 6

119 - Penn 3, Mish 9

125 - Penn 6, Mish 9

130 - Penn 6, Mish 13

135 - Penn 6, Mish 19

140 - Penn 6, Mish 22

145 - Penn 9, Mish 22

152 - Penn 9, Mish 28

160 - Penn 9, Mish 31

171 - Penn 9, Mish 34

189 - Penn 12, Mish 34

215 - Penn 12, Mish 40

HWT - Penn 12, Mish 46

I think penn is very much improved, but personally mishawaka is just too strong IMO

That actually looks about right . the 145lb match could go either way . Remember the Cavemen just beat the then #2 ranked team 42-17 .

Rankings undated for Mishawaka and Lowell(Michigan) 12-16-2009

Mishawaka                                                                            Lowell

Paul Beck-112=#1                                                                Gabe Morse- 130=#4 Also Jake Fillingham-130=#7

Layten Binion-119=#10                                                    Andrew Morse-145=#1

Taylor Wisler-125=#12                                                      Dan Fleet-152=#3

Nick Schrader-130=#4                                                      Jackson Morse-160=#1

Matt Guerra-135=#3                                                          Gabe Dean-171=#5

Anthony Eddy-140=#13                                                    Ryan Olep-189=#1

Ryan Stahl-152=#2                                                              Connor Kruse-285=#4

Alex White-160=#7

Richard Morin-171=#6

Christian Lentz-215=#1

Travis Thomas-285=#3

MichiganGrappler only ranks 10 places.

Thanks for bringing so much attention to wrestling in our area Coach Snyder!  It is nice to turn on the evening & late night news and actually see high school wrestling in the sports cast.  For those who have never been able to attend any Mishawaka meets they are an event.  There is always lots of buzz around each match.  Although, when the match is at Penn the atmosphere is not as great as when it is in The Cave.  Last year I was fortunate enough to referee this match at Mishawaka.  When I left my lockerroom to cross the gym floor for weigh-ins there was a DJ stand with 2 - 6' Bose speakers playing "Crazy Train!"  THIS WAS BEFORE I STARTED WEIGH-IN!  The mother's hanging the 6' banners on the balcony needed mood music I guess.  After I left my locker for the last time I found all the lights had been turned out except for a spotlight and the floor in front of the bleachers had been filled with TV cameras.  The atmosphere could only be described as a rock concert with mats!  Despite all of the blood, spit, and fire in the fight, after the match it took on a whole new feel.  It turned into something of a reunion!  The mats were covered with old rivals sharing stories and retelling their favorite moments of the night's action.  I'm telling you, I have been to team state, individual, nationals...  If you ever get the chance to come to a Mishawaka match don't miss it!

Rumor has it, Mishawaka turns the lights off because they can't afford the electric bill! ::)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.