RANKINGS UPDATED! Let's Generate Some Discussion

RankingsGuy

I've updated the rankings with the new weights that I have heard kids will be going according to my very reliable contacts around the state.  Let's continue to make these rankings as good as they can be by helping me move people into the weights they will likely be wrestling this season.  How about some help from Crown Point, Mishawaka, Mater Dei, Perry Meridian, Bloomington South, Fort Wayne area, Evansville area... Thanks everyone for all the help in advance.  Any info is good info!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankings guy, i like your passion for wanting the rankings to be perfect

Duckworth goes from 171 to 215, 

Stein Princeton has been 171-189 during freestyle doubt hell see 152 again

will be interesting to see how Sliga does this year at 189

great job so far

Good job on the team rankings.  A team to watch out for is Whitko.  They lost to Belmont in the regional team finals last year with six freshman in the lineup. 42-15 Good test will be at the Wawasee SD 11/28  #15 Portage and Hamilton Hts Good luck to everyone this year and prove it on the mat

How is Cameron Vlahos ranked number 1 at 171 when he did not even wrestle last year and there are 3 other state qualifers from 171 last year below him.

Also how can you rank a freshmen Mitch Sliga 4th at 189 when he hasnt even wrestled a high school match yet.  He is good but he has not wrestled high school yet just middle schoolers

Vlahos did not wrestle the high school season last year...he did, however, go undefeated for Team Indiana at the national duals!

He has routinely beaten most of the top kids in the rankings. There is no reason to believe he won't continue to do so.

Yes that is true but he did not even win freestyle state. He also got knock out on friday night as well at state the year he made it along with the others that are there. I just do not think that he has proven anything yet and he should be below the other three SQ at 171 from last year because he didnt wrestle last year

I've updated the rankings with the new weights that I have heard kids will be going according to my very reliable contacts around the state.  Let's continue to make these rankings as good as they can be by helping me move people into the weights they will likely be wrestling this season.  How about some help from Crown Point, Mishawaka, Mater Dei, Perry Meridian, Bloomington South, Fort Wayne area, Evansville area... Thanks everyone for all the help in advance.  Any info is good info!

You have two Mishawaka wrestlers, Beck and Guerra, ranked at 119. I believe Beck is going 112.

Yes that is true but he did not even win freestyle state. He also got knock out on friday night as well at state the year he made it along with the others that are there. I just do not think that he has proven anything yet and he should be below the other three SQ at 171 from last year because he didnt wrestle last year

171 is weak this year, Vlahos proved himself this year in freestyle 2nd Greco 1st and for Team Indiana

Questions about Vlahos..

1) Can he stay out of trouble...

2) Can he handle the pressure of being ranked number one and a marked man, the last couple West Lafayette Harrison wrestlers that were ranked number one didn't even place at state that year

3) Will not wrestling last year affected his performance when it come toury time, everyone knows the more experience you have wrestling  during toury time the better off you are..

My hopes is that he can stay out of trouble, not dwell on the pressure of being a marked man and used what he learned from his sophomore year and off season to prevail and be number one when it is all said and done... When he was a freshman i predicted his career and said he would be a three time SQ and two time placers and one time State Champion... Make West Lafayette Harrison Proud Vlahos and Be their first State Champ...

Questions about Vlahos..

2) Can he handle the pressure of being ranked number one and a marked man, the last couple West Lafayette Harrison wrestlers that were ranked number one didn't even place at state that year

3) Will not wrestling last year affected his performance when it come toury time, everyone knows the more experience you have wrestling  during toury time the better off you are..

My hopes is that he can stay out of trouble, not dwell on the pressure of being a marked man and used what he learned from his sophomore year and off season to prevail and be number one when it is all said and done... When he was a freshman i predicted his career and said he would be a three time SQ and two time placers and one time State Champion... Make West Lafayette Harrison Proud Vlahos and Be their first State Champ...

Come on now this is a great kid that has dominated for years He is deservingly #1 at 171, everyone makes a mistake from time to time I know Cam and he will be ready to go.You talk about fueling the fire, you guy's have done that with this thread Cam has always put in alot of work. No doubts he will be under the lights. Go cam

Now for Sliga he is great but he has not done anything at the H.S level that is a high ranking for him, But preseason doesn't matter anyway so we will see.  Best of luck to both of you. 

Andy Jacquet from Clinton Central at 215 should be ranked.

He beat Ron Forman, who is currently ranked, at last years New Castle SS.

Taylor Evans from Clinton Central at 145 should also be ranked.

He finished 2nd to Patrick Robinson at Sectional and Regional above Curtis Anderson from Carmel who finished 6th at the same Sectional. 

Questions about Vlahos..

Ole Vlahos is one tough kid/ being a way for a year is gonna make da boy hungry / I would not be surprised if he takin home some gold

171 is weak this year, Vlahos proved himself this year in freestyle 2nd Greco 1st and for Team Indiana

I dont know if I'd say 171 is weak, there are some pretty good guys out there. As far as Vlahos going 171, is that for sure? He would have a pretty tough customer in his own sectional and  conference named Cheney Dale. I'd be surprised to see both these guys at 171, since they're practically neighbors. Not sure but they might even wrestle in a dual or early season tournament.

I dont know if I'd say 171 is weak, there are some pretty good guys out there. As far as Vlahos going 171, is that for sure? He would have a pretty tough customer in his own sectional and  conference named Cheney Dale. I'd be surprised to see both these guys at 171, since they're practically neighbors. Not sure but they might even wrestle in a dual or early season tournament.

I know the ranking have Dale at 160, but didnt he wrestle the preseason nats at 171?

171 is not weak you have Cole Brandt avon, Cameron, Trey Reece, Mike Phelps New Pal alot of other quality wrestlers, no weight class in wrestling is WEAK!!  Good luck to all in all weight classes. 

171 is not weak you have Cole Brandt avon, Cameron, Trey Reece, Mike Phelps New Pal alot of other quality wrestlers, no weight class in wrestling is WEAK!!  Good luck to all in all weight classes. 

"weak" ...  meaning there's no dominant 171er out there as in the past  (e.g.  Josh Hardy,  Schontube,  Maurer  etc.)

Questions about Vlahos..

3) Will not wrestling last year affected his performance when it come toury time, everyone knows the more experience you have wrestling  during toury time the better off you are..

Last time Harrison wrestlers were ranked #1 was the 2005 wrestling season, Tony Metzger at 130 and Seth Parker at 171. Metzger was 8th at 130 and Parker qualified at 171 but did not place. Good Luck Cameron, I hope you learned from your mistakes.

Yes that is true but he did not even win freestyle state. He also got knock out on friday night as well at state the year he made it along with the others that are there. I just do not think that he has proven anything yet and he should be below the other three SQ at 171 from last year because he didnt wrestle last year.

Come on you have to be kidding. He only got beat by Stepp the third place finisher at state...Not bad for his first time to state.  I am sure that he will do just fine at 171 or 160.  It will be an exciting match at Avon with him and Brandt going at it.

Good luck Cameron

Questions about Vlahos..

The only one dwelling her is YOU. Give the kid a chance to make a mends without having to answer to the likes of you. These types of discussions about a KIDS mistakes are the very same discussions that cause college programs to look the other way. Do Indiana and the sport of wrestling a solid and keep the negative undertones to yourself. Congrats to Vlahos and Purdue !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.