Brent Metcalf WOW loser

RedTights7

They warned King numerous times about getting back to the circle. You could actually hear the ref warning and warning him, but he never called it.

By the way, I thought it was cool listening to his coach during the match.

I never understood this. That's the reason why you're given a stall warning. You get hit, you've now been warned. You do it again, you give up a point. The ref really shouldn't be talking to the wrestlers like this. I don't mind the ref saying "short time, short time" when the clock is low. But don't tell the wrestlers, "we need more action" or "pick up the pace." Let the wrestlers wrestle the matches.

I also loved hearing the coach too.  I even made a suggestion on mic'ing the coaches.  I'd much rather hear the coaches than listen to the ref trying to tell the wrestlers how they should be wrestling.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy does a flip with time left on the clock and thats not  unsportsmanlike?  Hell he is lucky he didn't get shoved off the stage!!!  Metcalf def didn't handle it well but wow no call on the flip is crazy.

that is kind of how i saw it too.

Guy does a flip with time left on the clock and thats not  unsportsmanlike?  Hell he is lucky he didn't get shoved off the stage!!!  Metcalf def didn't handle it well but wow no call on the flip is crazy.

that is kind of how i saw it too.

Go back and look at the vedio of the end of the match. There was no time left on the clock when he started to do his flip.

What sticks out to me during this match was the expression on Zadick's face. It was 7-2 and Metcalf went down and the camera angle was low so it showed Zadick and Brands in the background...the expression on Zadick's face was priceless. I am a HAWKEYE fan but that was priceless...it was a total look of "SHOCK" and "DISMAY" like "what in the he** is going on!" I remember thinking the exact the same thing!!!!

A Headlock in the finals? Wow...that was nice.

Caldwell will throw the kitchen sink at you from the very start and you better be ready.

One of my favorite matches was when he wrestled Lang at nationals.

I don't have a link (maybe someone can list it) but search caldwell lang on youtube.

Its crazy.

Hating on Caldwell because he celebrated?  In any other sport they rush onto the field, most of the time early...  IMO if you win a D1 National title, you can celebrate in the fashion you choose.  He chose to do some flips, so beat it.  There is NO excuse for Metcalf doing what he did.  And yes, Caldwell should win the Hodge award.

I personally do not see how people are complaining about Caldwell celebrating. the only thing he did before the whistle was blown was throw his hands in the air and circle around the mat and this happened with around three seconds left with metcalf down 9-6, and no way to win.  if you guys think celebrating three seconds too early is bad, im wondering why i didnt hear more criticism over our own state finals.

pushing and shoving aside that caldwell kid is something else, and does anyone know if bubba jenkins was injured or something during this tournament?

Supposedly Bubba has been hiding a pretty severe back injury and they are already considering a medical redshirt for next season.

just watched the Lang vs Caldwell clip. it doesn't get much better than that. i was very impressed by the sportmanship of Caldwell, leading by several points and gets stuck and what does he do. a hand shake, hug , another hand shake ( they looked very sincere to me) and walks to the center of the match so the ref can raise the winners hand. this would be a great clip for all wrestlers to watch to see how they should act in victory or defeat.

Caldwell owns Metcalf,I mean think about it...... ;D ;D

Really? I'm not a BM jocksniffer or even an Iowa fan for that matter. But are you serious? Did you see what happened at the all-star match? Or are you one of those guys that say "DC wasn't even 75% focused or ready for that match."? Yes DC is up 2-1 on BM but he hardly "owns" hims, BM owns a Tech Fall over him so thats a pretty bold statement.

That TF didn't count, it was in an unofficial match.

but it still happened

I'm not going to say Caldwell owns Metcalf. But that tech fall, for the record, matters just about as much as Cael Sanderson's loss as a freshman (his true freshman year).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.