State Singlets

1Team1Goal

Not a heck of a lot of new singlets to choose form this year but a few observations,

A few wrestlers sported throw back uniforms.  Some at the nice nostalga look and some just looked old and worn out.  Some teams still have the same basic design for several years, like MD and CP and those always look classy.

Indian Creek- Good try with the tuxedo singlet but they just didn't come off as cool in person as one might think. 

New Castle- I want a closer look at at the green singlets with some type of white spots.  I couldn't see one up real close to tell if it really looked cool or not.

Jeffersonville-The black singlet with gray flames was kind of neat.

Culver Military- Superman design, while used before by other teams, wasn't to bad.

Anderson- Never really got into the plaid look from a few years back but they definitely stand out.

Someone had a black singlet with red pinstripes that looked decent.

Anyone else see some other good or bad singlet choices.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the New Castle singlet you are referring to has several small white trojan heads on it.  It is a bit too busy for me, especially when watching it from the corner of the mat.  As you seem to infer, it is difficult to make out from a distance, which probably means it does not have the proper effect it was intended from the stands.

Not a heck of a lot of new singlets to choose form this year but a few observations,

A few wrestlers sported throw back uniforms.  Some at the nice nostalga look and some just looked old and worn out.  Some teams still have the same basic design for several years, like MD and CP and those always look classy.

Indian Creek- Good try with the tuxedo singlet but they just didn't come off as cool in person as one might think.   

New Castle- I want a closer look at at the green singlets with some type of white spots.  I couldn't see one up real close to tell if it really looked cool or not.

Jeffersonville-The black singlet with gray flames was kind of neat.

Culver Military- Superman design, while used before by other teams, wasn't to bad.

Anderson- Never really got into the plaid look from a few years back but they definitely stand out.

Someone had a black singlet with red pinstripes that looked decent.

Anyone else see some other good or bad singlet choices.

And now we have a Wrestling Fashion Consultant...  PUUUUUUULLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEEE

It ain't about the fashion, it's about the Wrestling...

Yeah, Bluebolt but you have to have something do to while waiting on the next set of matches to start.  The wrestlers seem to put on a fashion show every round these days with new and throwback singlets.  And for that matter the coaches which we always have one or two of trying to out do the others.

P.S. Lebanons assistant had a white suite with a bow tie one night and a black suite with a gold bowtie the next.  Now that setting a fashion trend almost as impressive as the gangster suites on coaching staff had on at state a few years back.

Yeah, Bluebolt but you have to have something do to while waiting on the next set of matches to start.  The wrestlers seem to put on a fashion show every round these days with new and throwback singlets.  And for that matter the coaches which we always have one or two of trying to out do the others.

P.S. Lebanons assistant had a white suite with a bow tie one night and a black suite with a bow tie the next.  Now that setting a fashion trend almost as impressive as the gangster suites on coach state had on a few years back.

Yep who cares if you're getting pinned, as long as you look FABULOUS doing it...

P.S. Lebanons assistant had a white suite with a bow tie one night and a black suite with a bow tie the next.  Now that setting a fashion trend almost as impressive as the gangster suites on coach state had on a few years back.

Yep who cares if you're getting pinned, as long as you look FABULOUS doing it...

Sort of like "It is better to look good than to feel good" ???

Also, I don't remember what school it was, but the coaches wearing ragged jeans was just disgusting. This is the pinnacle of High School wrestling folks! I myself keep in fashion and have bought my fair share of "destroyed jeans" but come on guys.  Being born in the early 80's , our generation gets a lot of crap these days about our attitudes and the lack of respect of what was carried on from previous generations. Hats off to all the coaches in suit and ties representing their respective schools with pride and dignity. Keep it up!

The Indian Creek singlets were clearly the best and most original.... Tuxedo = Business,  Last year Raleys Finals singlet was great as well

How does Tuxedo=Business?? If anything a tuxedo equals opulence and class.

You dont make English... Businessmen/women wear suits.... hmmmm  but indeed it would also equal opulence. 

I personally liked the older Singlet that Philips wore in the finals. I also kind of liked McGinley's green singlet, it was the first time I've seen Cathdral go green I just dunno why he was the only one to wear the green singlet.

I do have a question though... what's with teamates wearing different singlet in the same round.

During the tournament, we normally let our kids wear whatever singlet they feel comfortable in.. Sam wore Plaid from Semi-State to the state findals.. Camden wore our white singlet from sectional till the championship match where he switched to our red singlet which i do not think he has ever lost in.. Mason normally just switches it up every week.. I liked Runyan's old school style singlet as well..

Runyan did not wear the throwback in the finals last year but him and dustin beliles both wore them at state two years ago. Derek fisher also wore the throwback in his 7th place match and it is the exact same 112lb single that his father wore when he was in high school

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.