Other State Final venues?

NickS

Hinkle, Mackey, Assembly Hall would all be decent choices as well, but I prefer to keep it in Indy. I tried to find the attendance figures for last years sessions. I am going to guess close to 12,000 to 15,000 for the finals.

What about Lucas Oil Stadium? I know a football stadium may not be the ideal place to hold a wrestling event. But when I went to Junior Nationals at the Fargodome back in the day. I always thought that the tournament was ran nicely since there was so much mat space. Also if we're ever to expand the State Finals, it could be a good option.

We could go to Lucas Oil Stadium and have our own Fargodome with 25 mats. With 25 mats we could just have every team bring all their wrestlers and have a huge state tournament. But that would be a huge mess.

But Y2's dream of all small schools having state qualifiers would come true.  ;D

New Castle

It's a nice venue for semi-state, but I think it would be too congested for state.  I  don't think there's enough walking space in that gym for the amount of people that it would need to hold.

Evansville should have it's new stadium just in time for the 2050 State Tourney!!!! 

And if it goes as planned we will have NO Hotels left in town also!!!! 

Added perks include a location for the stadium that offers NO parking, NO decent traffic flow to or from the stadium (thus no need for parking), NO decent resturants, and best of all - NO actual expectation of the thing ever being built.

Evansville should have it's new stadium just in time for the 2050 State Tourney!!!! 

Added perks include a location for the stadium that offers NO parking, NO decent traffic flow to or from the stadium (thus no need for parking), NO decent resturants, and best of all - NO actual expectation of the thing ever being built.

wow that is the truth,and mayor whinny would like for you to come and see him in his office NOW MISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow that is the truth,and mayor whinny would like for you to come and see him in his office NOW MISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GLADLY!!!!  I have a couple of ideas on how he can pull his head out of his own rear end and get moving on things!!!

GLADLY!!!!   I have a couple of ideas on how he can pull his head out of his own rear end and get moving on things!!!

thats why he wants you to stop by,something to do with his rear end

I know we are talking about venues with in Indiana.....but what across the nation, how does Conseco compare with, lets say....

Hershey Arena Giant Center, for the Pennsylvania State Wrestling Championships...it only holds 10,500 (But of course they have two separate State Championships) AA & AAA

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.