IHSWCA Discussion Board

Coach Peck

CoachPeck

I'm not trying to kick you, but when you banned me I tried to find out why and I never received an answer.  I don't post anything negative and never have.  The last post I had on your site was questioning your rankings and then I was gone.  I thought you always had a nice site and it was great for someone like me that doesn't get past Fort Wayne, gave me all the info I craved on high school wrestling.  IndianaMat does a great job filling the void now, and I'll visit both sites, but IndianaMat will be my main.  Thanks to everyone here for making this a great site!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry if I offended you Chad.  At the time of the original hacking we had no clue who was attacking us and so what happened happened.  If you want to hold it against me then please by all means do so, but do not hold it against the IHSWCA.

Rex

Why are you attempting to make this personal?  I never said I was offended.  I luckily knew where to find the information.  The people who should be offended were the ones that were looking at the old message board and couldn't find the new one because you were removing posts and banning members who were trying to direct them to this site.

At the time of the original hacking we had no clue who was attacking us and so what happened happened.

This statement is pretty vague but are you saying that at the time of the original hacking you thought people involved with this site were the ones attacking the old site and that is why you removed posts and banned the members?!?!  Again I don't find this personally offensive because I couldn't hack my way out of a wet paper bag, but my guess is Joe would find this very offensive.  

If you want to hold it against me then please by all means do so, but do not hold it against the IHSWCA.

I would think that as webmaster/moderator for the IHSWCA site, you represent the the IHSWCA, when you remove legitimate posts trying to promote the sport, you are reflecting the views and wishes of the organization.  That should be offensive to all supporters of wrestling in the state.

When the other board initially went down, people were posting links to this site because the entire Indiana wrestling community was looking for wrestling news. I think that to delete any mention of this site was wrong. I find it very ironic that Coach Peck had nothing to say on this site until the old one was up and ready to go.

When the other board initially went down, people were posting links to this site because the entire Indiana wrestling community was looking for wrestling news. I think that to delete any mention of this site was wrong. I find it very ironic that Coach Peck had nothing to say on this site until the old one was up and ready to go.

WAHOO!!!smiley-dance018.gif

ff

It like the Soviet Union vs the US, with the rest of the world watching.  Words are being thrown around and people are acting like everyone has to take sides.    When its over, nothing gets accomplish and the rest of the people are just drained and resentful that the whole entire conflict spilled onto them in the first place.  Honestly, in the end does either site or the wrestling community even gains from all of this?

Currently we have two different boards.  Two different apporaches to content that will be  cover (focus on coaches info and focus on wrestling match info)  So we have two different ways to get info and help wrestling.  Co-existance is actually possible, especially since both sites are focusing on different aspects of Indiana wrestling.

It like the Soviet Union vs the US, with the rest of the world watching.  Words are being thrown around and people are acting like everyone has to take sides.    When its overnothing gets accomplish and the rest of the people are just drained and resentful that the whole entire conflict spilled onto them in the first place.  Honestly, in the end does either site or the wrestling community even gains from all of this?

ColorsDontRunButton3.jpg

It like the Soviet Union vs the US, with the rest of the world watching. Words are being thrown around and people are acting like everyone has to take sides. When its overnothing gets accomplish and the rest of the people are just drained and resentful that the whole entire conflict spilled onto them in the first place. Honestly, in the end does either site or the wrestling community even gains from all of this?

Interesting comparison considering that Russia had actually suffered a economic crisis and had completely collapsed. They hid their colapse from the rest of the world and bluffed their way through a cold war for many years before acknowledging thier dire circumstances.

I'm not saying which is the USSR and which is the US, just pointing out that in the end all the animosity did was hurt  everything else around them.  Why do some people act like everyone must pick sides?  Then those that point out they shouldn't have to pick just get labeled as the problem by the ones who have. 

Hey don't forget the Soviets did have  cool hats and great wrestling.

HW213_tn.jpg

I absolutely loved awood1's post on this thread. The only difference for me was that I was a long time lurker there (even though I felt like I really knew everyone that posted there). Literally 7-8 years. I loved having a place to go to find out info about the sport that I love. Before I found the place my only info about the sport was by going to local meets, sectional, regionals, and State. I specifically didn't mention the paper because then the amt of space wrestling received was virtually non-existent. Coach Peck I for one thank you for all of the memories (one that really stands out in my mind was Ryan Pribble's Thank You thread). And, I look forward to seeing how u guys are doing in the future.

Rex,

Can you verify if the nominations for the secretary/treasurer were closed without letting anyone nominate a challenger for JD Minch?  I certainly hope that the nominations were left open long enough to see if someone wanted to be nominated to run against him.  After all this organization is more than the high school student council that is promising a longer lunch period and more pop machines.

SamDad,

To the best of my recollection, the nominations were opened and then JD was nominated, and shortly thereafter nominations were closed.  Eventhough nominations were closed at the Clinic I believe that does not preclude someone from being nominated by mail, or phone.   I am pretty sure that this is in the Constitution.  You would probably need to ask Barry Humble (President), Cale Hoover (VP), or JD Minch (S/T) about this since I am not an Officer.

I would say that I think the vast majority of the people in attendance were of the feeling that JD has done a great job for quite awhile and wanted him to continue.  Also, I did not get the impression that anyone was eager to take on the work load associated with the position.  I do know that I would not want it.

Were you at the clinic, and felt you were not given an opportunity to nominate someone?  I am sure you could still get a person's name on the ballot for Secretary/Treasurer.   We have some great candidates for VP.

I would add this though.  I hope JD does it as long as he wants too.  Not because he is my friend, but because he does, and has done, a consistently good job for a long time. 

I am not accusing you of this, but I am not sure where the animosity I have heard voiced recently towards the IHSWCA comes from.  If it is because of me I will gladly quit any attempt to do anything for Indiana Wrestling again if it will mean that more people will get invovled, but do not blame the Association.  I talked about this earlier so I will not belabor the point, but the IHSWCA has made a very positive impact on Wrestling in Indiana (my opinion based on 30+ years of obversation). 

Rex,

I was at the meeting only for the last day.  I did not know about an association constitution.  Can you post the constitution on this site or the IHSWCA for everyone to read?  I am sure that I am not the only member that has never seen it before.

After you reach 10 posts you will be able to give someone a wahoo or a boo.  The link will appear under their  avatar.  It is then measured in cool points.  Right now Coach, you are in the positive therefore you are "cool".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.