Lake County Tournament 1/10

ontherise219

I believe the brackets will be posted later on today.  215 was an interesting weight class.  #2 ranked Cleveland of Lowell is seeded #3 in the tournament. 

If you are wondering who is ahead of him:

#1 Chris Woods (West Side) 5-0

#2 Vlade Nacovski (Lake Central) 21-0

sOMETHIN don'r look right dare ! Lowell coach come to da seeding meeting ? Didn't LC wrasle at da Al Smith ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a wrestler that is ranked 2nd in the state, His only loss is by 1 to the #1 ranked kid in the state (2-1 final) in the second largest individual tournament in the state of Indiana get seeded behind a kid that has a 5-0 record????  There is someone that is pulling the wool over someones eyes.  The LC kid should not get seeded ahead of him if he did not wrestle in the Al Smith.  Why should the Cleveland boy be punished for going through one of the hardest tournaments, when the LC kid did not wrestle it.  The common sense of coaches kills me sometimes.

MATMAN

How does a wrestler that is ranked 2nd in the state, His only loss is by 1 to the #1 ranked kid in the state (2-1 final) in the second largest individual tournament in the state of Indiana get seeded behind a kid that has a 5-0 record????  There is someone that is pulling the wool over someones eyes.  The LC kid should not get seeded ahead of him if he did not wrestle in the Al Smith.  Why should the Cleveland boy be punished for going through one of the hardest tournaments, when the LC kid did not wrestle it.  The common sense of coaches kills me sometimes.

MATMAN

Its called " No Child Left Behind"  / It dosen't matter too much anyhow Cleveland will put da hammer down

MATMAN

Cleveland was 189last season and Woods West Side is the Returning Champ at 215 and SSQ at 215. I'm guessing that is how they seeded it

SEED FOR TOURNEY

1. Ayersman LC 25-0

2. Medina MUN 27-0

3. Brian Orzechowics GRIF 11-1

4. Paul Petrov HC 21-3

1. Danny Rodriguez HIGH 19-2

2. Brian Smith LC 22-4

3. Connor Cecil MUN 19-7

4. Donald Bailey LEW 15-4

1.  Jacob Lamb LOW 23-0

2. John Petrov HC 22-1

3. Marc Escobedo LC 20-1

4. Judge Yanez RF 6-1

1. Cameryn Brady LOW 19-3

2. Bradley Wartman LC 20-3

3. Sam Camacho HOB 16-4

4. Gabe Muro GRIFF 15-1

1. Frankie Porras HOB 17-1

2. Mike Clark CAL 17-4

3. Nick Gonzalez GRIFF 13-3

4. Chris Pajdzik GAV 13-5

1. Johnny Dillon HOB 17-0

2. Darion Dixon WS 5-0

3. Justin Slosser MUN 16-5

4. Keith Britton CLA 14-7

1. Victor Rodriguez ECC 14-2

2. Jack Hammons LS 16-3

3. Mike Adams MUN 17-8

4. Deontay Taylor LEW 16-4

1. Chris Almaraz HIGH 21-0

2. Aaron Hammons LS 14-5

3. Matt Beck GRIFF 14-3

4. Emerik Quiroz WHI 10-3

1. Alex Surma MUN 27-0

2. Jack France HOB 15-4

3. Nicholas Hill WS 8-2

4. Chris Hammons LS 13-6

1. Kurt Monix LOW 17-0

2. Aaron Estrada MUN 14-1

3. Bob Keough LC 24-4

4. Johnny Tyler HIGH 16-5

1. Deron Johnson LOW 12-8

2. Kevin Wojkovich AND 13-3

3. Kevin Halloran HOB 9-6

4. Andrew Sands HC 15-11

1. Chris Bartley GRIF 15-1

2. Willie Lott ECC 7-1

3. Nathan Fowler CAL 18-4

4. Jack Seaman MUN 13-9

1.Chris Woods WS 5-0

2. Vlade Nacovski LC 21-0

3. Nathan Cleveland LOW 17-1

4. Anthony Cherry CAL 14-6

1. Coty Anderson HIGH 16-0

2. Anthony Willis LEW 19-5

3. Breyon Moore ECC 10-6

4. Patrick Biancardi LC 10-8

For those interested in attending.

Here?s a quick break down of the schedule:

8 a.m.: Doors open to general public.

9 a.m.: Wrestling begins.

1:30 p.m.: Break for lunch.

2:30 p.m.: Wrestling resumes.

4:30 p.m.: Semifinals.

6 p.m.: Parade of champions.

7 p.m.: Finals.

The tournament will be held at Clark High School. All the Lake County schools will be competing except for powerhouses Crown Point and Merrillville, Montalbano said.

Tickets: All-session pass: Adults - $8.00 / Students - $6.00 / Family - $24.00 (two adults & two+ kids).

After 3 p.m.: Adults - $4.00 / Students - $3.00 / Family - $12.00 (two adults & two+ kids)

dARE are gonna be a few good ones

103 - Azerrman gives da munster boy a takedown lesson / let me guess dare are only 4 kids in da weight class lol

215-  I think dat ole Cleveland is a Monster

160- Ole Monix and Estrader should be a barn burner/ one guy has a mean lateral drop da other hits da spladdle who nails who

119- should be a nice battle

145-152 I saw we all ptch in and have da surminator and Almarazer strap it up after da meet

Should be some good wraslin up dare in Amaizo Land/ if da wind is blow from da NW bring a resperator

119- The match between Lamb and Petrov will be interesting.  Lamb looked great during the Al Smith.  If he wrestles this way the rest of the year he will be a state qualifier.  

125-Brady will not know what to do not looking at a Petrov in the finals of this meet.  It will be new for him.  This is another kid that can never be over looked at tournament time.

160- Monix vs Estrada=  Monix beats him at conference, puts a clinic on aganist Brooks at Semi-state and Estrada beats him to go to state.  This will be a very explosive match.  Has Estrada been at this weight class all year????

215-  This is a joke.  If you do not seed Cleveland at 1st; he can not be any lower than 2nd with the Gary wrestler at 3rd.  I understand the young man won this weight class last year and was a SSQ, but Cleveland was SSQ and is ranked 2nd in the state at this weight.  The Gray wrestler has a 5-0 record.  As I stated before ,the common sense of wrestling coaches has to be questioned some time.  

matman,

the seeding at 215 has nothing to do with the common sense of the coaches as you put it. the criteria for seeding is returning champ at same weight class which explains Woods' #1 seed. I agree that the seeding there is questionable but either way Cleveland would be wrestling Woods in the finals so it all works out.

The first criteria is head to head, obviously with them all being undefeated, they haven't wrestled eachother.  The second criteria is common opponents, obviously no one has lost to anyone so you  have to throw that out.  Third criteria is returning champ or runner-up in the same weight.  The fourth and final criteria is best record.

Matman,

I would agree with most of your observations, but if I may offer mine .

119- "the funk meister" from Lowell walks away with this one. And unless Petrov and Lamb have already went head to head this season I will be surprised if this match up even takes place (just a feeling, but we will see)

125-Brady is always focused come tourney time and should be standing atop the podium at the end of the day.

160- Monix has a score to settle and I am sure his coaches have him primed for this one.

215- Seeding Cleveland 3rd is like putting potpurri in the outhouse, it aint gonna make a difference, he's a man on a mission and will show it Saturday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.