Flo gave Indiana some love

Anyone else listen to FRL?

They gave Indiana some love today when they were answering questions from listeners.

Ben Askren and Christian Pyles named us as a top 5 hardest state to win State in. Then they mentioned us as one of the best state championship atmospheres. And then they shouted out Ocampo for placing! 

12 minutes ago, Bkelley14 said:

Anyone else listen to FRL?

They gave Indiana some love today when they were answering questions from listeners.

Ben Askren and Christian Pyles named us as a top 5 hardest state to win State in. Then they mentioned us as one of the best state championship atmospheres. And then they shouted out Ocampo for placing! 

Top 3, next to California. It’s on my bucket list to go to Cali and watch their State Finals . 

California with their Depth 

Indiana, No Wrestle Backs 

New Jersey, Depth 

Edited by TeamGarcia

17 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Top 3, next to California. It’s on my bucket list to go to Cali and watch their State Finals . 

California with their Depth 

Indiana, No Wrestle Backs 

New Jersey, Depth 

I would be interested to see us versus the lower divisions of PA before I can put us over them. Even the lower ones have so much talent it would be tough. 

3 minutes ago, AnonymousLeprechaun0125 said:

Indiana is very hard to win obviously, and the winner is always competitive on a national level. But in terms of depth I wouldn’t put in in top 5, maybe top 5 for hardest to win however. 

This year showed how deep we are which is a good sign. Basically anyone in the top 5 is capable of winning a title. There have been recent years where 7 or more of the preseason #1's were basically locks.

17 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

Sorry I think PA would hurt us pretty bad. I'm not up on present day rankings but between PA and OH I think we'd win a few but not most.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousLeprechaun0125 said:

Indiana is very hard to win obviously, and the winner is always competitive on a national level. But in terms of depth I wouldn’t put in in top 5, maybe top 5 for hardest to win however. 

yeah, what they were talking about was hardest to win and they leaned heavily on the fact that we were one division. If you have a stud in your weight you can’t luck out and be in one of the other 3 divisions like in other states, you just don’t get to win that year.

if you think about it, states with 3-4 divisions have 2-3 wrestlers every year who wouldn’t be a state champ if there were no divisions.

31 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

Sorry I think PA would hurt us pretty bad. I'm not up on present day rankings but between PA and OH I think we'd win a few but not most.

Agreed. We have had a few guys do well at NCAAs in the past few years, which is fantastic. It is always impressive to me to see the wrestlers PA turns out that go away to assorted colleges/universities and inevitably cross paths again to have a rematch of some high stakes PA high school match, but on the NCAA scene..happens quite often.

11 hours ago, Bkelley14 said:

yeah, what they were talking about was hardest to win and they leaned heavily on the fact that we were one division. If you have a stud in your weight you can’t luck out and be in one of the other 3 divisions like in other states, you just don’t get to win that year.

if you think about it, states with 3-4 divisions have 2-3 wrestlers every year who wouldn’t be a state champ if there were no divisions.

That's the point. We're consistently around 9-12th in overall talent depth nationally--but in terms of winning an individual state title, we're up there a notch higher because of the forced depth of the field compared to other states.