let’s get ready to rumble! Pick your darkhorse

Every year someone comes out of nowhere and unexpectedly wins their respective semi state, peaking at just the right moment…

Who is one wrestler flying a little bit under the radar that you expect to make a BIG impact! 

For me, this grappler is bradyn Volz of Hancock! 

I expect serious noise to be made. Who is your dark horse semi state champ?

The anticipation is killing me! 

WRESTLERS - CLEAR - THE - MATS

Edited by Johnpsulions
Typo

3 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

Every year someone comes out of nowhere and unexpectedly wins their respective semi state, peaking at just the right moment…

Who is one wrestler flying a little bit under the radar that you expect to make a BIG impact! 

For me, this grappler is Cameron Volz of Hancock! 

I expect serious noise to be made. Who is your dark horse semi state champ?

The anticipation is killing me! 

WRESTLERS - CLEAR - THE - MATS

Cameron is on the radar with three narrow losses to Thrine already this season. However, I'll stick with the same school and same family for my darkhorse.

Bradyn Volz. Give me little Volz with wins over Lian in the ticket, Bayliss in the semis and Getz in the championship.

3 minutes ago, HawkinIndy said:

Cameron is on the radar with three narrow losses to Thrine already this season. However, I'll stick with the same school and same family for my darkhorse.

Bradyn Volz. Give me little Volz with wins over Lian in the ticket, Bayliss in the semis and Getz in the championship.

Whoops. That’s what I meant is Bradyn Volz. My mistake

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

No dark horses,this far into the best high school tournament in the USA. All are capable, or would not have gotten here. 

Sorry. Not even close to true. Lots of weak regionals with 4’s making it to semi state that wouldn’t make it out of most sectionals 

3 minutes ago, Johnpsulions said:

Sorry. Not even close to true. Lots of weak regionals with 4’s making it to semi state that wouldn’t make it out of most sectionals 

Hmm. 4’s that wouldn’t make it out of most sectionals?  Then what you’re saying is the favorites will win. Their can’t be dark horses then? I’m confused 

19 minutes ago, HornetSloan said:

Something tells me that each coach and parent believes their wrestlers are being slept on and will therefore make some noise. Just a hunch. 

Unrelated note, I believe that all 3 Rossville wrestlers are being slept on and will make some noise! 

I don't think anyone is sleeping on the Weaver boys. They are ranked high in state and NCSS

2 hours ago, bluemonster said:

I don't think anyone is sleeping on the Weaver boys. They are ranked high in state and NCSS

Is it just me or was Noah Weaver ranked nationally on flo’s rankings for a little while back around October? I swear I remember seeing an Indiana guy ranked at 190 and it being Noah Weaver around like 17th

2 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

Felt a little ambitious at the time of posting but Chicoine kept it close, Clark is looking beatable this year.

Is this match on flo? Looking at track wrestling looks Like Chicoine was up early