JV Individual State

The Indiana High School Wrestling JV event is all set up and ready to go. Pre-registration will be open today on TrackWrestling.com under IHSWJV.

We are excited to offer this State Series to the Indiana JV wrestlers.  Freshman through Senior, who are not on the varsity roster, may participate in this event. You will be allowed to enter 2 wrestlers per weight class, with one being scoring and the other as a non-scorer. 2 points for the entire State Series.

January 13, 2024, your Regional locations are:
Jimtown (East Chicago Semi-State participants)  Weigh-ins:  9:00 EST  /  Wrestling:  10:00 EST
New Haven (Fort Wayne Semi-State participants)  Weigh-ins:  8:00 EST  /  Wrestling:  9:00 EST
Clinton Prairie (New Castle Semi-State participants)  Weigh-ins:  8:00 EST  /  Wrestling:  9:00 EST
Southridge (Evansville Semi-State participants)  Weigh-ins:  8:00 EST  /  Wrestling:  9:00 EST

January 20, 2024 State Finals location:
Ben Davis High School      Weigh-ins:  9:00 EST  /  Wrestling:  10:00 EST

Top 4 placers in each weight class will move on to the State Finals.
Team awards for each Regional Team champion will be presented at the State Finals.

3 minutes ago, jets said:

More wrestling is always a good thing.....but - I'm not sure where I fall on this one (personally). Seems to be a bit of overkill....

I really love the idea of a JV qualifier and a JV state.  For programs like mine that struggle getting, and keeping numbers, additional JV matches this late in the season is a huge sell!! Most JV wrestling is done about this time of year. Small and middle size programs could benefit from this, because many kids may not want to spend the next month practicing knowing they most likely will not compete again this season.

I wish it was a little more centrally located for the New Castle Semi-State.  A lot of the Richmond Regional would have an almost 2 hr drive.  It would have also been nice to have the information a little sooner in the season.  Would have liked to send some kids to this meet but we scheduled our JV team to go to a multi dual meet so they could get matches.

18 hours ago, jets said:

More wrestling is always a good thing.....but - I'm not sure where I fall on this one (personally). Seems to be a bit of overkill....

I love it. It’s building up the sport of wrestling in Indiana. Kids who stay on JV have a chance to be a state champ and / or work towards something. 

52 minutes ago, navy80 said:

I love it. It’s building up the sport of wrestling in Indiana. Kids who stay on JV have a chance to be a state champ and / or work towards something. 

Sure....as I said- more wrestling is always a good thing. 

What most of you on this board probably don't think about or consider, is putting on these events requires quite a bit - setting up mats, finding table workers, concessions, etc...

Takes a lot of dedicated and selfless people to make this like JV State come together. 

12 hours ago, navy80 said:

I love it too and totally agree. I noticed in Trackwrestling other states do this too.

2 hours ago, poppe66 said:

Really surprised more coaches haven't registered their kids.  This is an opportunity for JV kids to get mat time.  Unless everyone is waiting until Friday?

Problem is next weekend is JV Team State, which falls on the same day as JV Individual State. So you have many of the top JV teams getting 4-5 duals. CP, BB, CG, Columbus East, Franklin, Mater Dei, Warren Central and others.  Unfortunate timing IMO. Maybe next year we can get the dates adjusted. 

On 1/8/2024 at 1:22 PM, jets said:

It makes sense to me and more opportunity is always better. There are plenty of kids in the state that cannot make the lineup and instead of them being a practice dummy for the last 5+ weeks they can get matches in and have something. To work towards.

i will always be a fan of young people striving for something! 

The regionals were cancelled due to weather. All that registered for a regional were moved into the State bracket. This is going to be a great event! Nearly 500 wrestlers!

Due to the amount of participants, weigh in has been moved to 8:00 with wrestling to start at 9:00 and there will be 10 mats instead of 6!

The Regional at Southridge wasn't canceled, and we had kids who placed in the top 4 and kids who didn't. So, am I only to take my kids who finished in the top 4, or am I to take all my kids who signed up for the Regional to State?

6 minutes ago, CoachSanabria said:

The Regional at Southridge wasn't canceled, and we had kids who placed in the top 4 and kids who didn't. So, am I only to take my kids who finished in the top 4, or am I to take all my kids who signed up for the Regional to State?

Southridge was changed back to an invitational. All wrestlers that signed up for the tournament can wrestle at State.