Most wide open weight 144?

Jayruss

8 hours ago, Jayruss said:

I can see the #1-7 winning this weight and it is completely wide open! Any other weights come to mind ?

So far I think Huyvaert has been the most dominant . He hasn’t wrestled the same type schedule as some others but has scored bonus points in every match including scoring 17 points on another Top 5 ranked kid this season. 

16 minutes ago, DawgPoundRed said:

Huyvaert is killing everyone, coming out of the tough Crown Point regional. He dominates and majors(at least) his way to his first title. Come on New Prairie get Jeffery in more tough matches, you have some studs build a tougher schedule 

Just have to get the New Prairie coaching staff on board with that and then get them into the Al Smith. There were at least 3 teams at the Al Smith without a placer and I would think that one of them could not be invited next year to make way for New Prairie.

12 minutes ago, dwise said:

Just have to get the New Prairie coaching staff on board with that and then get them into the Al Smith. There were at least 3 teams at the Al Smith without a placer and I would think that one of them could not be invited next year to make way for New Prairie.

Don't think they'd go for that.  Staff has a preference for duals over tournaments.  They haven't been at the Al Smith since the 10-11 season.

42 minutes ago, DawgPoundRed said:

Huyvaert is killing everyone, coming out of the tough Crown Point regional. He dominates and majors(at least) his way to his first title. Come on New Prairie get Jeffery in more tough matches, you have some studs build a tougher schedule 

Thinking too small . Jeffrey can get individual invite to the Ironman next couple of years and maybe bring a teammate or so. If they don’t like the tournaments just have him miss an easy dual or two . 

1 minute ago, Jam said:

Don't think they'd go for that.  Staff has a preference for duals over tournaments.  They haven't been at the Al Smith since the 10-11 season.

New Prairie kids end up wrestling around 50 matches in a season and a few less matches wouldn’t be a bad thing…quality over quantity.

8 hours ago, Jam said:

Man I would love to see them in the Al smith, I saw Fleeger there. Did new Prairie not wrestle this weekend? 

It would be cool to see a couple new teams get in 

Delta maybe…. 

11 hours ago, DawgPoundRed said:

Don’t know that he’ll major his way to a title, but I do believe he wins a title this year. 

1 hour ago, ontherise219 said:

Man I would love to see them in the Al smith, I saw Fleeger there. Did new Prairie not wrestle this weekend? 

It would be cool to see a couple new teams get in 

Delta maybe…. 

New Prairie went to the Willie Holiday Duals which was Thursday and Friday.

Mishawaka should also invite Avon and Brownsburg.

Edited by dwise

2 minutes ago, M109R said:

Don’t know that he’ll major his way to a title, but I do believe he wins a title this year. 

The least amount of points Huyvaert has had in a match this year is when he beat Dillon Graham 17-6. Kid is an absolute scorer!

9 minutes ago, dwise said:

New Prairie went to the Willie Holiday Duals which was Thursday and Friday.

Mishawaka should also invite Avon and Brownsburg.

I don’t know if Brownsburg would accept 

I would invite 

1. Avon(mater dei classic) 

2. new prairie( Willey Duals) 

3. New Palestine(Connersvile) young studs 

4. Heritage Hills some really good big guys 

5. maybe a solid team THsouth, Adams central, greenfield Central or Hamilton southeastern 

I thought there were a good amount of forfeits in the Cave. I think the tournament is to good to be raising hands early on 

15 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

I don’t know if Brownsburg would accept 

I would invite 

1. Avon(mater dei classic) 

2. new prairie( Willey Duals) 

3. New Palestine(Connersvile) young studs 

4. Heritage Hills some really good big guys 

5. maybe a solid team THsouth, Adams central, greenfield Central or Hamilton southeastern 

I thought there were a good amount of forfeits in the Cave. I think the tournament is to good to be raising hands early on 

I’m almost positive Brownsburg would accept, but it’s highly doubtful they would ever get invited.

22 hours ago, Jayruss said:

I can see the #1-7 winning this weight and it is completely wide open! Any other weights come to mind ?

I honestly see this class as a lock with Jeffrey, no one in this class has done to Dillon what he did he was dominate. He has been dominate to start the season.

10 hours ago, dwise said:

The least amount of points Huyvaert has had in a match this year is when he beat Dillon Graham 17-6. Kid is an absolute scorer!

I agree with everything you are saying. I wasn’t doubting that he would be able to major his way to a title. I was just saying I didn’t know if that would happen. 

9 minutes ago, dwise said:

Wouldn’t say he beat Huyvaert, I would say Huyvaert gave away that match. Looking at a common opponent this year, Huyvaert majored Graham 17-6 and Courtney has beat Graham twice in close matches 4-2 and 5-2. 

Ok.  Two time Al Smith champion doesn't stand a chance.  

51 minutes ago, dwise said:

Why are you even commenting? Your kid scored 8 against Huyvaert and lost 23-8 last year. Oh wait, those 8 points were all let ups 😳

Wow, talk about tu quoque fallacy.  Can't defend your point so you attack a kid in high school.  I'd say stay classy, but that obviously left you a long time ago.  Good day.

On 12/31/2023 at 9:27 AM, Jam said:

Welp. I almost refuted this by saying “are you sure, I remember New Prairie there my freshman year?”

Then I remembered my freshman year was 13 years ago. 😭😭😭

On 1/1/2024 at 10:59 AM, Christopher Bohn said:

Wow, talk about tu quoque fallacy.  Can't defend your point so you attack a kid in high school.  I'd say stay classy, but that obviously left you a long time ago.  Good day.

I saw your kid wrestle at Mooresville he is a beast. Good luck and I will see you at the Ford Center.