Found legendary matches of many Indianas Legends..

So the past week I've been following the NHSCA YouTube Page , and they have been posting the championship matches from NHSCA Nationals from the early 90s and on.

This is 1 of the states all time greats, East Chicagos  Big David Maldanado in the finals  vs Jon Frent (Nj State Runner up/ went on to wrestle Division 1 and have Scholarship in his honor

For VA Cavaliers) Maldanado was so  Smooth with that thigh Tap/ pick! Him and Angel def have the cleanest 1s I've ever seen out of their front head series.. You can tell Maldanado had a impact on Da Regions all time Greats!

https://youtu.be/DuEpzo3NXQo

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

• FCFIGHTER170 changed the title to Found legendary matches of many Indianas Legends..

Next up we have 1 of the Most slept on talents in the states history, as well as a great rival to David Maldanado,  Decater Centrals James Leavell! (2,1,1) They wrestled 2x in the finals with David winning their first FINALS match and James winning his 1st state title, with it being against the Legend Maldanado and would knock off another legend Venon Cannon ..

In this match Leavell displays  his pedigree and his Legend  vs a 2x NJ  State champ  at the time  who would go on to win 4 EIWA conference titles,  have a staggering school record at Penn of 128-17, taking 5th and winning the National title his senior season capping a  34-1 season, legendary Brett Matter! The son of a 2xer Himself and his own brother a AA!!

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

This here is a 4.5/5 star match!

You want 2 dogs that don't quit with a wild battle but a natty title ? Then you're in luck with 

2x State champ from the LN wildcats Case Hooper vs  SCOTT CHAPMAN (class of ’93). A member of a small group of 3x California state champions, Chapman also earned two All-American honors at the Cadet Nationals and was  National Champion. In addition to earning two ASICS All-American honors, he was an AWN Magazine and WUSA Dream Team All-American.

SCOTT CHAPMAN (class of ’93). A member of a small group of 3x state champions, Chapman also earned two All-American honors at the Cadet Nationals and was an NHSCA Sr. National Champion. In addition to earning two ASICS All-American honors, he was an AWN Magazine and WUSA Dream Team All-American.

SCOTT CHAPMAN (class of ’93). A member of a small group of 3x state champions, Chapman also earned two All-American honors at the Cadet Nationals and was an NHSCA Sr. National Champion. In addition to earning two ASICS All-American honors, he was an AWN Magazine and WUSA Dream Team All-American.

https://youtu.be/Az74zQkaH6E

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

5 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Next up we have 1 of the Most slept on talents in the states history, as well as a great rival to David Maldanado,  Decater Centrals James Leavell! (2,1,1) They wrestled 2x in the finals with David winning their first FINALS match and James winning his 1st state title, with it being against the Legend Maldanado and would knock off another legend Venon Cannon ..

In this match Leavell displays  his pedigree and his Legend  vs a 2x NJ  State champ  at the time  who would go on to win 4 EIWA conference titles,  have a staggering school record at Penn of 128-17, taking 5th and winning the National title his senior season capping a  34-1 season, legendary Brett Matter! The son of a 2xer Himself and his own brother a AA!!

This is the year I took 3rd lol Two great guys that I have reminisced with at different events. We had a few good battles back in the day.  

18 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Have you ever seen it? Or wanting to? My photographic memory has it on file but that doesn't do you any good lol

Haven’t seen it, was only 8 at the time and wasn’t into wrestling yet. But as a Jimmie alum and long-time frequenter of this board, I’ve heard a lot about the match and always wanted to see it.

18 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

In hindsight Angel being so good that slight moment he looked like he was going to his back probably was only a half a second but in that moment it seemed like a lot longer LOL

Audible Conseco Filled Gasp

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 3:11 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

In hindsight Angel being so good that slight moment he looked like he was going to his back probably was only a half a second but in that moment it seemed like a lot longer LOL

And this is exactly why I want to see the match for myself. Biased minds can see things differently, like at-the-time Jimmies and people just wanting to see massive upsets. But from nearly everything I’ve heard about the match, it’s been much closer to Ahawkeye’s description than a half-second spook.

11 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

And this is exactly why I want to see the match for myself. Biased minds can see things differently, like at-the-time Jimmies and people just wanting to see massive upsets. But from nearly everything I’ve heard about the match, it’s been much closer to Ahawkeye’s description than a half-second spook.

I always love upsets and I'm also an Elkhart County guy. It was more than a half-second spook--but it was very obviously not a pin. Not at all like the Weinzapfel situation. Exciting--but over fast-ish and never a pin.

On 8/24/2023 at 3:45 PM, Caleb Spires said:

The day somebody links me to a video of Angel Escobedo vs. Shane Perkey, you have automatically become an ally for life.

Angel's dad had all of his accolades as stickers on his van (most intimidating thing to see rolling up to any ISWA tournament).  Would be shocked if there wasn't a home video by someone in that family of that match.