Arguments for Best Wrestlers in Indiana hx to not SQ

3H3

A wrestle back favors a guy like me who adapts to another guys style after wrestling them once and overcomes them the next time. I did that to a lot of people.Plus if you suck weight hard you can recover. For guts like you, me, Jankowski,etc ect. It makes sense to have it 

And yeah it's fun to fun to talk about and reconnect but I'm puting it to bed now as well. Now, my focus is on others

Edited by 3H3

15 hours ago, BestSportEver said:

. I had battles with STATE CHAMPION Mitch Robb also. Along with wrestling Mr freak Joey Coffey. I've hung out with them several times since. And to be honest it was them and Teammate Adam Doherty that helped me get over this years ago. 

17 hours ago, 3H3 said:

There was another guy named Josh Stith on our team who was the only guy in the State to beat Josh Holden, who was outstanding and also won the State. Josh Stith could throw anybody. I mean anybody

Well you have a good list of southern guys I ran into either in and/or out of season, along with a few others from the area which were mentioned earlier. 

Edited by MattM

On 4/4/2023 at 8:52 PM, 3H3 said:

Joe that's four state championships from two wrestlers and three wrestlers who beat a state champion in that group. A lot of awesome stuff to remember and look back on and be proud of

Sounds like you guys had an awesome team. An Iron sharpens Iron type of scenario. Training with 2 state champions everyday is something every high school wrestler dreams of. 

The guy who I owe the most to in the sport of wrestling and in life. Other than my grandfather he is my greatest mentor. That's my high school counselor and coach Larry Hazuga. I'd go in there and sit and talk to him a lot. We were pretty close and today he lives next to my mom and I see him quite a bit.He was like my Mr Miyagi. I broke two school records with him and I won the conference four times which no other wrestler had ever done in the history of the school. And in large part thanks to his guidance I turned out all right. I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank him and express my warm feelings for him and profound level of respect.  I just want to say that. I know there's a lot of other guys out there that feel that way and you should take the time to tell him that

He found me at the elementary school tournament when I was just a kid who signed up for intramural wrestling. He saw something in me and started picking me up and taking me to TM Jeff practices. He would pick me up he would go out of his way to develop me and really took an interest in me and my development as a kid all the way to an adult. I'm extremely thankful for that

Edited by 3H3

On 4/5/2023 at 7:35 PM, PAVLETIC said:

To add to what I just said we had scouted Rossbottom if he were to wrestle Debusk. It was a very good match but that Rossbottom guy was something special back then. Debusk actually pinned Janikowski from EMD the next weekend at Team State. From what I can remember Rossbottom and Janikowski met in the ticket round at Semi State because Rossbottom was upset by the kid from New Albany. 

I lost to all three of those guys at some time in my career 🤣.  

34 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

It's kinda like a @Galagore class wrestling thread where he argues with himself for 5 pages. We're reaching that level. I do hear what 3H is saying tho. It's not the end, but the journey. 

Sorry to disappoint you if you don't like it! 

I love Adam. He's a great friend of mine. We were competitive in practice and made each other tougher. I don't know. I was bigger than him. He is like an encyclopedia with his wrestling. Super smart and slick. I respect him and his whole family of brothers a lot. His brothers worked with me a lot. We never wrestled each other in folkstyle. 

3 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

It's kinda like a @Galagore class wrestling thread where he argues with himself for 5 pages. We're reaching that level. I do hear what 3H is saying tho. It's not the end, but the journey. 

More like a severe case of middle child syndrome - an outcry for attention. 

Stop re-living the glory days on here and let's focus on how we get our current athletes to the next level.

3 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

If Yoder didn't show up to The Goshen Semi-State: I would've won States!!!!1Napoleon Dynamite GIF

1 hour ago, 3H3 said:

I love Adam. He's a great friend of mine. We were competitive in practice and made each other tougher. I don't know. I was bigger than him. He is like an encyclopedia with his wrestling. Super smart and slick. I respect him and his whole family of brothers a lot. His brothers worked with me a lot. We never wrestled each other in folkstyle. 

Did you ever win the Connersville classic? We never had the chance to go down there but heard how awesome the gymnasium was and how the atmosphere was electric. 

Yes I won that 2x. I beat some SQ's and a guy who got 4th in the final as a Senior when I was ranked #1 by a core of 12-1

It was a great tournament. A lot of good competition. 

Edited by 3H3

29 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

If Yoder didn't show up to The Goshen Semi-State: I would've won States!!!!1Napoleon Dynamite GIF

Not really. Just a discussion but I can see you are mad about it. Or you can mind your own business?