Frosh/soph

jason

11 minutes ago, GBaldwin said:

I don't see how to register (confirm) a wrestler or how to pay.   Anyone have some info other than the flyer.

O-685103132-Indiana_Frosh_Soph_State_2023_.pdf 201.76 kB · 5 downloads

Last year we just showed up I am pretty sure. They were confirmed when they weighed in, I forgot how the payment worked though.

You can log into the tournament and verify that your wrestlers are in the event (https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=685103132).

If the wrestler is in the tournament, you will pay the entry fee at the door.

23 minutes ago, bhester said:

How many did they Take from Indy Nationals

16 were taken from each qualifier. Indy Nationals is a little different because of other states being involved, so the top 16 Indiana wrestlers were entered!

There’s seating in upper bleachers throughout and lower bleachers on south end of the main gym (I think there are 6 or 8 mats..can’t recall which). No seating in auxiliary gym (4 mats). A few people bring chairs and sit all the way at the top but there’s been plenty of seating in bleachers the last two years.  There’s not much room for chairs in the auxiliary gym. 

1 hour ago, ATLBoiler said:

Also worth noting…unless they’ve improved it…cell service in the gym at Southport is somewhere between terrible and non-existent. 

And that is being nice!!!

4 hours ago, ATLBoiler said:

Also worth noting…unless they’ve improved it…cell service in the gym at Southport is somewhere between terrible and non-existent. 

But who didn’t enjoy 50 parents huddled together in the back stairways in the only locations people got 1 or 2 bars of service? Whoops, I disclosed the secret location. Kidding aside, Southport did a nice job of setting up big screen monitors around the gyms with Track running through mat assignments.