Tylin Thrine

blueandgold

Tylin’s success did kill a lot of my arguments for class wrestling. New Castle is a 2A school that is at least an hour from any major club and the only coaches he’s had are the current New Castle coaches and other NC alum in their youth program as far as I’m told. I guess it isn’t a matter of resources, but just a matter of heart. I love it. He proved you can do anything if you just have fun and attack.

4 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Tylin’s success did kill a lot of my arguments for class wrestling. New Castle is a 2A school that is at least an hour from any major club and the only coaches he’s had are the current New Castle coaches and other NC alum in their youth program as far as I’m told. I guess it isn’t a matter of resources, but just a matter of heart. I love it. He proved you can do anything if you just have fun and attack.

I think it strengthened the argument. Basically your only chance to be a state champ at 2A is to be a unicorn. I think I counted 9 2A wrestlers in the semis, Thrine the only one in the finals. And the farthest 1A got was Tyce DuPont getting 5th. The gap has never been wider, IMO. 

16 hours ago, Thor said:

Not a bad singlet, but the throwbacks brevan and whitehead wore are some of my favorite in the state. Was very disappointed he didn’t wear that one. 

Kid finishes undefeated 42-0. State champion and you find disappointment  in his singlet?😂😂😂 I wouldn’t care if he wore a Tutu. The kid is a beast.

Outside the big 3: CP, Brownsburg and Center Grove there weren’t many representatives from any size school in the finals. Delta, Jay County, New Castle and numerous others, all represented 2A well. 1A had several qualify and place. I am totally against class wrestling and have been for several years. I think you Thor are looking in the wrong places to try and justify class wrestling when that’s what makes Indiana wrestling special and unique but that, in my opinion, is a different subject and topic for a discussion most wouldn’t want to hear. 

Edited by RASSLER4LIFE

4 hours ago, Newcastlewrestlingfamily said:

Always gotta be someone with negativity , smh … Ty is a 3 sport athlete absolutely loves football isn’t giving up that sport .. Ty does travel some for wrestling in the summer we have went to Iowa and Virginia Beach , Ty is also the most level headed kid I’ve ever been around the “hype” won’t effect him at all!! Hopefully this answers some questions !! Thanks everyone who has followed Ty and supports him !!

Ty is an awesome kid on and off the mat, On the football field and in the classroom. Great role model for so many. He could teach some negative ppl with his great positive attitude. Imagine if would have worn those “practice shorts.” 😂 This is just the beginning for him. 

29 minutes ago, RASSLER4LIFE said:

Outside the big 3: CP, Brownsburg and Center Grove there weren’t many representatives from any size school in the finals. Delta, Jay County, New Castle and numerous others, all represented 2A well. 1A had several qualify and place. I am totally against class wrestling and have been for several years. I think you Thor are looking in the wrong places to try and justify class wrestling when that’s what makes Indiana wrestling special and unique but that, in my opinion, is a different subject and topic for a discussion most wouldn’t want to hear. 

It will be very special and unique when the finals is just kids from 3 different school. 

20 minutes ago, Thor said:

I am so confused how New Castle people in these comments are taking offense to every single person in this thread talking about how much they love Tylin. 

The coolest part is, there hasn’t been a state championship in New Castle for 28 years. Bubba Dickerson was the last. Ty wearing that throwback singlet makes us very proud. RIP Bubba. ❤️ Sometimes meaning is much greater than looks!!!

5 hours ago, Wrestlingfan52 said:

The coolest part is, there hasn’t been a state championship in New Castle for 28 years. Bubba Dickerson was the last. Ty wearing that throwback singlet makes us very proud. RIP Bubba. ❤️ Sometimes meaning is much greater than looks!!!

That’s all I needed to hear! Honestly like the green too, just the black one is possibly my all time favorite singlet. 

55 minutes ago, Thor said:

That’s all I needed to hear! Honestly like the green too, just the black one is possibly my all time favorite singlet. 

I’m a big fan of the Trojan head white singlet myself.  One of my favorite things the program does, letting kids pick what singlet they wear in individual series. 

22 hours ago, blueandgold said:

I believe we are 3A or maybe 4A in Football.

1 hour ago, ReformedPoster said:

I get wanting to play football.  I'm all for kids wanting to play multiple sports.  I'm just curious to see when the risk outweighs the reward for a 126 lb football player that could be an elite wrestler.

He is 126 as a 15-year-old... He is going to grow and be a lot bigger by the end of his high school. I bet he will be 144 next seasons. 

(No inside information just a guess)