Super 32 Updates

TysonNisley

I don't see any Super 32 talk yet so I'll get things going here.

106-132 have been wrestled up to the quarters, and Indiana has three alive in these weight classes, with 2 seed Sergio Lemley and 4 seed Zeke Seltzer in the winner's side, and unseeded Jake Hockaday in the loser's side. Jake Hockaday is having a great run so far with wins over the 19, 14, and 12 seed. He will wrestle the 22 seed next, and will need one more after that (I think) to secure a spot in the top 8. Sergio Lemley will be wrestling Vince Bouzakis in the quarters, who is unseeded but has had a great run so far. After that, Sergio will most likely face 6 seed P.J. Duke for a spot in the finals. Zeke Seltzer has an unseeded opponent in the quarters, but will have a tall task at hand in the semis when he takes on #1 ranked Nic Bouzakis. I'll have more updates when more wrestling has been done.

Edited by TysonNisley

Day 1 of Super 32 is over, and we have plenty of Indiana wrestlers looking to secure a spot in that top 8. At 145, we have Hayden Watson in the consolation bracket still alive after upsetting 13 seed Jesuroga. He will take on the 22 seed tomorrow, and have one more match after that to place. Next, at 152, Sam Goin is also making a deep run in the consolations, and pulled an upset over the 15 seed to make it to the next day. He will go against an unseeded wrestler from Florida tomorrow, and then battle the loser of the 1 and 8 seed tomorrow in the blood round. At 160, J Conway is in the consolations, and will face the 17 seed tomorrow, and most likely the 10 seed in the blood round to place. Conway was seeded 8th at this tournament, so if the projected seeds hold, he should place tomorrow. At 170, Kade Law sits in the consolation bracket with a match against the 19 seed tomorrow, and then the loser of the 4 and 5 seeds. A tough road for sure, but anything can happen. At 182, Drake Buchanan sits in the consolation bracket with a projected path against the 11, then 12 seed to place, and seeing how Buchanan was seeded 14th, a placement here is well within his reach. At 195, Gabe Sollars sits in the quarters with a tall task ahead of him in 1 seed Seth Shumate. I'm personally excited to see this one go down, as Sollars has exceeded my expectations before, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him battle down to the last second. Also still alive at 195 is freshman Gunner Henry, who battles against another unseeded foe tomorrow morning, and is projected to take on the 7 seed after that to make it to the placement rounds. Seeing a freshman this far at such a weight is really impressive, and I'd like to see him go deep tomorrow and make a statement. Lastly, at 220, #1 Christian Carroll sits nicely in the quarters after collecting two falls in the first minute, and will wrestle an unseeded foe to make it to the semis, where he is projected to meet 4 seed Parker Farrell. Also alive at 220 is Nathan Critchfield, who looks likely to make it to the blood round where he will face the loser of the 4 and 5 seed. Potentially two All-Americans at 220 for Indiana, which would be nice. So, to wrap things up, across all weight classes, we have 12 Indiana wrestlers still alive at Super 32, and 4 of these 12 are still in contention to take home a belt. 8 of them will have to win two matches tomorrow in order to place top 8.

Sadly, our guys are dropping like flies this morning in the consolation round.

Hayden Watson, Sam Goin, J Conway, Drake Buchanan and Nathan Critchfield all lost in the blood round.  Kade Law lost the round before.

In the Championship bracket, IN got wins from all four in the quarterfinal to land them in the semifinals.
- Sergio Lemley will face PJ Duke of NY.  He would likely face #1 seed Cory Land from AL
- Zeke Seltzer has a tough task facing Nik Bouzakis, an Ohio State commit and top seed.
- Gabe Sollars knocked off #1 seed and Ohio State commit Seth Shumate.  He was trailing 2-0, riding and cranking him almost getting him turned when somehow Shumate hurt his ankle and had to injury default.  He'll face #4 seed Martin Cosgrove of NJ in the semifinal.
- Christian Carroll has been obliterating everyone, winning all three matches by Fall thus far.  He'll face #4 seed Parker Ferrell of VA in the semi 

Semifinal Update
Lemley lost a tough 3-1 decision
Seltzer lost by fall, getting caught in a cradle

Edited by SWINfan

22 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

Indiana had 4 Super 32 placers this year, with Sergio Lemley and Zeke Seltzer both taking 5th, Gabe Sollars taking 4th, and Christian Carroll dominantly claiming his 2nd title.

Christian Carroll wins, puts on his Jesus shirt, the scares the Jesus out of everyone with the huge flex. I love it! 

Can’t wait to see this beast wrestle high school this year. 

Indians also had 1 female place 5th 

Anna Krejsa went 3-3 with wins over nationally ranked wrestlers like;

# 16 Alyssa Mahan 

# 21 trinity howard 

and her losses only came from nationally ranked opponents 

#2 @ 122 Jennifer Soto 

#2 @ 127 Fargo champ  Alexis Janiac 

#6 @ 127 savannah Witt 4-3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.