Harrison 10-way

spiralride1

I do believe that Trinity won the event. They beat #1 ranked Union County by 1 in probably one of the best duals that I've seen. It came down to the heavy weights and it literally came down to the last few seconds of the match.

I didn't see Ferguson wrestle any matches, I hope he's ok.

Kyles from Harrison did beat Corolla(#6 in ky) in OT.

On a side not, I did learn that Indiana wrestler rankings are far superior than Ky. What I mean by that is that Ky highly ranked wrestlers were having troubles at this event with our guys that in most cases are not even ranked. It's will be a far better test come next week when they run into the likes of some of Indianas highly ranked wrestlers and if they perform as they did in this event, it's going to be a beat down. JMO

I do believe that Trinity won the event. They beat #1 ranked Union County by 1 in probably one of the best duals that I've seen. It came down to the heavy weights and it literally came down to the last few seconds of the match.

On a side not, I did learn that Indiana wrestler rankings are far superior than Ky. What I mean by that is that Ky highly ranked wrestlers were having troubles at this event with our guys that in most cases are not even ranked. It's will be a far better test come next week when they run into the likes of some of Indianas highly ranked wrestlers and if they perform as they did in this event, it's going to be a beat down. JMO

Could not agree more on the quality (or lack thereof) of KY rankings

I have noticed that about Kentucky rankings as well when I watch MD's Holiday Classic. Many of their lower ranked kids would not even place. However, some of their top ranked kids would do very well. Kentucky has about 100 wrestling schools so the talent pool is lower. I have viewed their rankings more like our semi state rankings.

In the December 18 rankings, Union County is considered to be the top dual team in Kentucky.  Fern Creek is ranked third while Trinity is fifth.

Here are additional data points for measuring Kentucky teams against Indiana.  These matches were wrestled in December.

Castle- 53, Fern Creek- 15

Mater Dei- 68, Fern Creek- 3

Castle- 41, Union County- 27

Based on the results that have been posted of the top tier teams in Kentucky vs Indiana, it appears they would be on pair with a majority of the 2A schools in Indiana. They have a difficult time against the bigger schools and Indianas 2A teams are very competitive with them. All in all i wouldnt say these teams are of a lesser caliber but have far less to compete with in their state (which is why they are getting more and more matches in Indiana each year).

I saw Memorial's results on the dual results page...anybody else?? Individual results?? 

Heard Dixon (RE) beat Wargel (ME) in a slugfest...

Any other notables?

i dont have individual results but per the courier press here are the individual champions

106 Levi Miller - North Posey

113 Saul Ervin - Union County (#1 @106)

120 Micah Ervin - Union County (#20 @ 113 7th Grade)

126 Bryce Scheffer - Union County (#1 @ 120)

132 Keegan Duncan - Louisville Trinity (#1 @ 132)

138 Johny Wargel - Ev. Memorial

145 Hudson Heidorf - Fern Creek (#1 @ 145)

152 Ben Barton - Louisville Trinity (#2 @ 152)

160 Bryce Hoffman - Fern Creek (#12 @ 160)

170 Noah Huelsing - Ev. Memorial

182 Tyler Frankrone - Louisville Trinity (#1 @ 182)

195 Lucas Miozza - Louisville Trinity (#2 @ 195)

220 Conner Sherman - Union County (#4 @ 220)

285 LaTerrance Kyles - Ev. Harrison

Outstanding Wrestler - LaTerrance Kyles - Ev. Harrison

Some points of clarification:

1. Corolla wasn't there and is out for season....so Kyles didn't beat him.

2. 9 of 14 weight classes were won by KY wrestlers and 138 kid from Evansville Mem. got stuck by Trinity 132 in first period.

3. I also read that Ervin wasn't impressive. He made quarters at this year's Super32. If you win any matches there, you're doing well.

4. The top 3 teams in tourney were the 3 KY schools.

5. The 1 point win with Jeffersonville vs. Trinity: Trinity sat 6 starters, so that was a 1 point win vs a JV team.

I'm not saying KY is anywhere near IN as a whole, but with regard to this tourney they more than held their own. KY only has about 80 schools with programs, so it is light years behind IN in that capacity......but To say that they didn't live up to their rankings at THIS PARTICULAR TOURNEY just isn't true. What more can they do other than going 9-0 in their respective weight classes?!

IN is way out in front...definitely not saying otherwise, but the conclusions shared regarding the Harrison 10 way are wrong....period.

Some points of clarification:

1. Corolla wasn't there and is out for season....so Kyles didn't beat him.

2. 9 of 14 weight classes were won by KY wrestlers and 138 kid from Evansville Mem. got stuck by Trinity 132 in first period.

3. I also read that Ervin wasn't impressive. He made quarters at this year's Super32. If you win any matches there, you're doing well.

4. The top 3 teams in tourney were the 3 KY schools.

5. The 1 point win with Jeffersonville vs. Trinity: Trinity sat 6 starters, so that was a 1 point win vs a JV team.

I'm not saying KY is anywhere near IN as a whole, but with regard to this tourney they more than held their own. KY only has about 80 schools with programs, so it is light years behind IN in that capacity......but To say that they didn't live up to their rankings at THIS PARTICULAR TOURNEY just isn't true. What more can they do other than going 9-0 in their respective weight classes?!

IN is way out in front...definitely not saying otherwise, but the conclusions shared regarding the Harrison 10 way are wrong....period.

Yep lol

Saul Irvin is in there at 106#1 in ky. Though he wrestled 113 at the 10 way and didn't look that impressive to me. In fact, I'll take Luigs(EMD) over him and the take Konrath in a major at minimum over him.

Backtothemat,

This is what I was referring to regarding Ervin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.