2014-15 IHSWCA CLASSED TEAM STATE DUALS

rookie78

So this is legit??

All 3 classes on the same day?

Will this be in two gyms or just in Worthern Arena? I know that the Intramural/Irving Gym is attached to Worthern, I didn't know if it (Irving) would be used, and the tournament would be run similar to the one at Westfield (with the smaller classes starting the day off in Irving and then the winner's bracket for all classes moving to Worthern as the day progresses)

January 3, 2015

All 36 teams (3 classes) on the same day

At Ball State University

Essentially, Irving Gymnasium was totally renovated (doesn't exist anymore as it used to look).  This is now a "5 court" (basketball) recreational facility.  We have the "5 court" facility; their actual field-sports building; and their new indoor turf field building reserved.

I don't know that we will need all of that space in the end, but we have it reserved and further decisions will be made as the event gets closer.

Their facility director has not received their 2014-15 winter home sports schedules quite yet, so Worthen Arena was not reserved at this time.

The 3 facilities that we do have reserved are all connected via one long hallway and easily accessible.

There will be ample locker room/shower space available for wrestlers.

The IHSWCA believes that this will be a very nice venue for our 3rd annual event.  We have 36 teams participating, and it should be an exciting day for Indiana high school wrestling next season.

Coach McCormick

Everyone gets to come and enjoy the great city of Muncie....

Let me know if you need a tour guide of our big, beautiful city...

I have seen the new facility and it is very nice.. I am looking forward to attending the duals at this venue...

Everyone gets to come and enjoy the great city of Muncie....

Let me know if you need a tour guide of our big, beautiful city...

I have seen the new facility and it is very nice.. I am looking forward to attending the duals at this venue...

How is the seating in these areas?

The "5 court" rec. gym has some bleachers against one wall that seat 600 people.

Neither of the other 2 field sports buildings have any permanent seating.

This will be accomplished by bringing in portable bleachers which I have already started to inquire about.

The "5 court" facility is shaped like an "L" with 2 basketball courts making part of the "L".  Above those 2 courts are multi-level "open air" tracks/hallways where some people (who prefer to) can stand and watch from above (much like Warren Central and Westfield's elevated tracks).

We will make every attempt to provide the best seating/bleacher space that we can for this event, so people can sit and see comfortably during each round.

We will recommend to parents to bring their camp chairs mostly for their bye round when their team is not wrestling and people are just sitting idle.  There are "common" areas (athletic lounges if you will) for some people to sit during idle time, but it would be a good idea to bring a camp chair for those parents/fans who choose to stay on site for the entire day.

Coach McCormick

I really hope they don't have the championships in Worthen. Sounds good in theory, but when only a couple hundred seats are filled and 11,000 are empty, the atmosphere will be atrocious.

I really hope they don't have the championships in Worthen. Sounds good in theory, but when only a couple hundred seats are filled and 11,000 are empty, the atmosphere will be atrocious.

Yea, you're right, I'd much rather sit and watch in a lawn chair with a poor view, than have empty seats

Yea, you're right, I'd much rather sit and watch in a lawn chair with a poor view, than have empty seats

Mater Sei will bring 1500-2000. Other teams also travel well. It won't be empty.

but when only a couple hundred seats are filled and 11,000 are empty, the atmosphere will be atrocious.

kinda like a Ball State basketball game....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.