merrillville ss

Mr. RIght

Is 132 at Merrillville being called weak because a region wrestler didn't win?  I personally thought a lot of the upper weight wrestlers looked pretty weak with the exception of the top dog.  Remove Sinko from 120 and I thought that weight class was weak.  Remove Micic from 126 and and maybe Davis and the rest of that class had nothing to brag about.  Take Forte out of 145 and I didn't see much. Take Macri out of 152 and not much.  I wasn't impressed with 160 at all.  Other than Osborn at 170, I'm not seeing much depth.  I thought 182 looked fairly weak.  Take Robinson out of the mix at 220 and OMG that one is really bad.  So I thought given the fact that 132 had Dolaldson, Warner, and Carithers throwing all out there, I don't think it is fair to make the comment about it being the weakest class at Merrillville.  I actually don't think the Merr. SS will fair as well as they usually do at Indy.  Just my thoughts, and I highly doubt the McCutcheon kid loses on Friday.  I don't know the Carithers kid but after reading these unfair comments I hope he serves up a big crap sandwich.  I thought he looked as impressive or more so in his championship match than most any of the other champions.   

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is 132 at Merrillville being called week because a region wrestler didn't win?  I personally thought a lot of the upper weight wrestlers looked pretty week with the exception of the top dog.  Remove Sinko from 120 and I thought that weight class was weak.  Remove Micic from 126 and and maybe Davis and the rest of that class had nothing to brag about.  Take Forte out of 145 and I didn't see much. Take Macri out of 152 and not much.  I wasn't impressed with 160 at all.  Other than Osborn at 170, I'm not seeing much depth.  I thought 182 looked fairly weak.  Take Take Robinson out of the mix at 220 and OMG that one is really bad.  So I thought given the fact that 132 had Dolaldson, Warner, and Carithers throwing all out there, I don't think it is fair to make the comment about it being the weakest class at Merrillville.  I actually don't think the Merr. SS will fair as well as they usually do at Indy.  Just my thoughts, and I highly doubt the McCutcheon kid loses on Friday.  I don't know the Carithers kid but after reading these unfair comments I hope he serves up a big crap sandwich.  I thought he looked as impressive or more so in his championship match than most any of the other champions. 

Week=7 days

Weak=Not strong or lacks strength

My Prediction:In about a WEEK, we will find out if the Merrillville 132 pound weight class was truly WEAK.

Week=7 days

Weak=Not strong or lacks strength

My Prediction:In about a WEEK, we will find out if the Merrillville 132 pound weight class was truly WEAK.

Pretty sure I spelled it correctly in several other places.  Wasn't aware I was being graded.  If that is what you took away from my post, I'm guessing I struck a chord with you.  On a side note, I don't think you would want to compare brain pans with me.  Pretty certain of it.

Not stirring up trouble but 120 is weakened without torrres in it. Carithers also struggled in his semi match. 30 more seconds and he was in trouble. 132 may not have any placers, hence the weakest designation.

you mean like you did last night with that less than well thought out statement against a great kid and awesome wrestler?.....

you mean like you did last night with that less than well thought out statement against a great kid and awesome wrestler?.....

The one where i said someone got smoked? Like i said last night, called it the way i saw it. I have no opinion on the torres match. I got there midway thru the ticket round and missed it.  However, i did see micic take rumors of his demise personal and put on a clinic. Get off your highhorse, dude.

The one where i said someone got smoked? Like i said last night, called it the way i saw it. I have no opinion on the torres match. I got there midway thru the ticket round and missed it.  However, i did see micic take rumors of his demise personal and put on a clinic. Get off your highhorse, dude.

grow up......"dude"......

If gross and donaldson were top 2, no one would have said it were weak. Carithers struggled against Warner because Warner is good. They might not have any place, but imo any of the four could. I think because gross (who gave wilson a good mach, even if that was strictly a matchup issue) and donaldson didn't make it, I like our odds to get at least one or two placers out of this "weak" weight.

If gross and donaldson were top 2, no one would have said it were weak. Carithers struggled against Warner because Warner is good. They might not have any place, but imo any of the four could. I think because gross (who gave wilson a good mach, even if that was strictly a matchup issue) and donaldson didn't make it, I like our odds to get at least one or two placers out of this "weak" weight.

I agree Completely.  Watch out on this topic heard the grammar police are watching :o

is there still the possibility of a BLACK OUT??? I see Hartman wins by DQ of Torres then InjDf out to 4th...how hurt is he and this would make Black the Alt.??? just wondering

Black is the alternate, and we find out his fate by tomorrow at the latest. I just hope that Hartman makes a full recovery.

One of the greatest things about the sport of wrestling is that of the 56 kids who qualified  for State out of the Merrillville Semistate on Saturday, not a single one of them gives a rat's ass what the people on this site think of them or their chances of winning, placing, or showing this weekend. Good Luck to all 56 of them!!

One of the greatest things about the sport of wrestling is that of the 56 kids who qualified  for State out of the Merrillville Semistate on Saturday, not a single one of them gives a rat's ass what the people on this site think of them or their chances of winning, placing, or showing this weekend. Good Luck to all 56 of them!!

Not even one?!  Preposterous!

I agree coach and I'm sure most if not all of their coaches have told them not to pay any attention to this until after sat.

But it gives us not getting ready to wrestle or coach this weekend something to do while we patiently wait for Friday.

I have to disagree with the post of saying 152 had no one but Macri.

He did have to go to overtime to beat Schurg 8 to 6.

I made that post, and you are absolutely correct.  I made that statement to make the point that 132 was not any "weaker" than the rest.  There were a lot of great wrestlers in each of those weight classes.  I really was being a bit sarcastic to make the point that just because a Logan Regional kid wins at SS, doesn't make it a weak class.  I thought the McCutcheon kid held his own among the other champions.  That was all I was saying.  For the record, I do think he will win on Friday.

How does he make top 8 but not top 16? Curious

Ahhhh...that's how!

I'm looking forward to finally seeing the young man wrestle tomorrow. Heard lots of good things (and not ALL of them were from DannyBell).

Good luck to all tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about Hudkins (best wishes for a speedy recovery)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.