Extra Google Hangout Thursday at 8pm

Y2CJ41

As usual we will post a link around 7:30pm

We will have Adrian Troyer aka Maligned on talking about Genius ratings and the IHSWCA team state numbers.

We also may have a special guest that we will not name, but these letters are in his screenname ntkis.  He will be talking about the IHSWCA team state and the exciting things happening with that.

If you have any questions for either of these two post them here for us to add to the list.

I think a good explanation of how the multipliers are decided would be good tonight. A team getting a multiplier 1.23 just sounds crazy. They are earning another 23% of points. While some teams are losing 20-30%. I understand that some sectionals are stronger than others. But a 50% increase from the start is way too much in my opinion. That is way too much to make up even by winning more matches at semi state and state.

I thiseood explanation of how the multipliers are decided would be good tonight. A team getting a multiplier 1.23 just sounds crazy. They are earning another 23% of points. While some teams are losing 20-30%. I understand that some sectionals are stronger than others. But a 50% increase from the start is way too much in my opinion. That is way too much to make up even by winning more matches at semi state and state.

totally agree!

I think a good explanation of how the multipliers are decided would be good tonight. A team getting a multiplier 1.23 just sounds crazy. They are earning another 23% of points. While some teams are losing 20-30%. I understand that some sectionals are stronger than others. But a 50% increase from the start is way too much in my opinion. That is way too much to make up even by winning more matches at semi state and state.

Some of our discussion tonight touched on a little of the theory behind how the multipliers work if you want to check it out.

I hope some of our discussion tonight touched on a little of the theory behind how the multipliers work.

It made me appreciate how hard it must be to concentrate on these calculations with people constantly wanting to come over to your place at all hours of the night.

Thanks for the appreciation, matt...it's what i've been trying to say.

Who doesn't want to do algorithms at 3am?  me.

Inter-pol?  Hadn't thought of that, but it honestly makes a little sense.

glad that could become the highlight of the night...:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.