Seeking Input on Date for 2014-15 IHSWCA Team State Duals

Coach McCormick

The IHSWCA Classed Team State Duals planning committee is already hard at work putting pieces in place for our third annual event next season.  It has already been released that we will be inviting 12 teams per class to next year's event.  One of the next items to tackle is selecting a date for the competition.

The corresponding calendar date is Jan. 3, 2015.  During my brief research thus far, it appears that there will be some regularly scheduled holiday tournaments on this day.  I know of two holiday tournaments that were supposed to be on Jan. 3 but are opting to move the event to Dec. 30/31, so they occurr before New Year's Day.  The other option for our state duals event would be to go on Dec. 27.  Certainly, at first glance this is 2 days after Christmas, but we would likely not interfere with other holiday tournaments.

There will only be 36 teams impacted by this, BUT these will be 36 of the better teams around the state that holiday tournaments want in their annual event. 

I am posting this topic for primarily two reasons:

1.  I would like to hear legitimate Pros and Cons from coaches regarding these date options.  Keep

in mind that there will be a number of teams that must spend the night on Friday night in

the Indianapolis area.

2.  I would also be interested to hear from those schools who host holiday tournaments to see

what their date(s) look like for next season.  Who is going on Jan. 3?  Anyone wrestling

on Dec. 27?

Thank you for your input as we look to establish this date.

Coach McCormick

tmccormick@yorktown.k12.in.us

How about going back to having after Ind. state that was always a great two weekends alot of people looked forward to. Also having 1 team champ was nice as well. Just my opinion , oh and alot others.

There is no week after Ind. state.

Well call the IHSAA for us and just get that taken care of should be super easy....

I know it's not going back for a long time but just saying it was always a great weekend! And also I love what you guy's are doing with the Brownsburg program have alot of family in Brownsburg with 3 little nephews that will be coming you'r way soon keep up the great work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.