Kyles

Butler

Helfert

Cox

Powell

Moon

Page

Yes 106 to 132 is set in stone !!

At 120 you have an over achieving in big matches Brown. 132 was a 3-0 match and Jourdan never took a single shot for 6 minutes. Neither are hardly "set in stone" in the wrestling world. 106, 113, 126 & 152 are locks. 138 is going to be the match of the day. The SIAC is one of the toughest in the state this year. Loaded with ranked wrestlers.

At 120 you have an over achieving in big matches Brown. 132 was a 3-0 match and Jourdan never took a single shot for 6 minutes. Neither are hardly "set in stone" in the wrestling world. 106, 113, 126 & 152 are locks. 138 is going to be the match of the day. The SIAC is one of the toughest in the state this year. Loaded with ranked wrestlers.

Dude, I don't know what match you were watching, but that 3-0 match between Jourdan and Davis was not close.  Davis will have to give Jourdan more than he did in their dual meet to make that a match.  I'm not saying Davis doesn't have it in him, but he didn't that night. 

Dude, I don't know what match you were watching, but that 3-0 match between Jourdan and Davis was not close.  Davis will have to give Jourdan more than he did in their dual meet to make that a match.  I'm not saying Davis doesn't have it in him, but he didn't that night.

It was an anticlimactic match. I expect this weekend to be somewhat better for both.

I know everyone is on the Konrath bandwagon (deservingly so because is is one of the states best) but even after the first match with Egli, which was ugly for Egli, I don't automatically assume Konrath is the Semi State Champion. Egli had an off day against Konrath. Both of those guys are likely to exchange wins every time the wrestle.

Konrath isn't in the SIAC, why are you bringing his name up on this topic??

But for discussion, I think any smart wrestling fan knows that Egli could beat Konrath at any time. I don't think nobody is saying Egli isn't good, he has beaten some tough kids this year, but for Konrath to handle him the way he did says a lot about Konrath.

Konrath isn't in the SIAC, why are you bringing his name up on this topic??

But for discussion, I think any smart wrestling fan knows that Egli could beat Konrath at any time. I don't think nobody is saying Egli isn't good, he has beaten some tough kids this year, but for Konrath to handle him the way he did says a lot about Konrath.

I apologize for bringing a non SIAC name up. I was trying to use a Red and Gold comparison (wrestlemans obvious favorite) and Egli had perhaps his biggest off day of his career on the day he faced his greatest opponent. It happens. Does that negate Konraths victory? No. But if anyone thinks Konrath is looking past Egli for the rest of the year would be an inane thought.  Konrath is no "lock" because of one match. Brown and Davis are pretty darn good wrestlers. They both have their work cut out for them and will lose if they wrestle the same way as the first match.

say what, to clarify:

Jourdan vs. Davis:

First period-  both tried a couple of leg attacks.  neither took any real chances; they went out of bounds a couple of times for a restarts.  toward the end of the period, jourdan had in underhooks and was trying to work a takedown, while davis was trying to work something underneath.  at the end of the period, jourdan got loose and spun around for the takedown; the referee ruled that time expired.  mater dei fans wanted two, but the referee probably made the correct call.

second period-  jourdan stood up and escaped 10-20 seconds into the period.  10-20 seconds later he scored on a single leg. 

third period-  davis chose down and was on his stomach most of the period.  he got to his base a few times and created some movement.

final score, 3-0.

I know everyone is on the Konrath bandwagon (deservingly so because is is one of the states best) but even after the first match with Egli, which was ugly for Egli, I don't automatically assume Konrath is the Semi State Champion. Egli had an off day against Konrath. Both of those guys are likely to exchange wins every time the wrestle.

in no way, shape or form is "everyone on the Konrath bandwagon."  i think people in mt Vernon are, because he is a terrific wrestler, and beat one of Indiana's best.

talk to mater dei fans and you will find that, in your words, "everyone is on the Egli bandwagon".  why?  because he is a mater dei kid and has given mater dei fans excitement since he was in Kindergarten.

talk to cathedral fans and they will tell you breyden bailey is going to win state.  they are not on the universal konrath bandwagon that you describe.

penn wrestles a brutal schedule; they have great confidence in Hildebrandt.  probably not many konrath bandwagon riders there, either.

furthermore, how do you know egli had an "off day"?  did he tell you that?  i have known the kid for many years and have never heard him make excuses.  not once.  while i will wager that he was disappointed with the outcome, i guarantee "off day" never came from his lips or from members of his family.

to suggest that he had an "off day" minimizes egli, and for that matter, konrath's win over egli

106:

Egli

Schaefer

Hall

Oakley

113:

Ferguson

Lugs

Hortly

Matherly

120:

Johnson

Brown

Arney

Willis

126:

Lee

Wargel

Clapton

Bruce

132:

Jourdan

Davis

Ramsey

McCormick/Brown

138:

Schnell

Seng

Dixon

Petrig

145:

Pierre

Smith, J.

Williams

Farmer

152:

Kelley

Weinzapel

Riegal

Abshier

160:

Kemper

Forzley

Jeffress

Stotlar

170:

Lockyear

Huelsing

Kempf

Shaw/Winchell

182:

Bassemeier

Dowell

Voegel

Francis

195:

Brown

Hart

Orth

Lamar

220:

Kyles

Butler

Helfert

Barnes

HWT:

Cox

Page

Page

Moon

Egli

Schaefer

Baggett

Hyde

Ferguson

Luigs

Horty

Matherly

Johnson

Arney

Brown

Craig

Lee

Wargel

Elpers

Clopton

Jourdan

Davis

Ramsey

Brown

Schnell

Seng

Petrig

Dixon

Pierre

Williams

Smith

Farmer

Kelley

Riegel

Weinzapfel

Abshier

Kemper

Forzley

Stotlar

Van Hook

Huelsing

Lockyear

Kempf

Hall

Bassemier

Dowell

Libby

Jones

Brown

Orth

Lamar

Baehl

Barnes

Kyles

Helfert

Butler

Powell

Moon

Cox

Page

I have not see Jourdan wrestle enough to speak for him, but I can expect Davis to wrestle a much better match next time. If anyone has watched him over the last 3 years you'll know he is tough to beat the more than once. Mastison and Johnson are good examples of that. Could be a great match if they both wrestle their best.

Why we always get stuck with Gillespie as a ref at this tourny every dang year?  Probably the most irritating thing since i was told whitey tighties aren't cool. He's awful

Whitey tighties aren't cool ??? That's news to me!

I left a little early but Mater Dei had 12 in the finals and probably ended up with 6 champs.  The had 5 when I left after the 170 match.

Egli, Ferguson and Lee looked completely dominate.  Kelley was as well but he exposes his back too much in my opinion. 

The 120 class is loaded and Johnson was the man today.  138 is another class where you could flip flop the top 4.  Petrig from Memorial took it today.  The 160 match was very exciting with Kemper edging Forzley 15-13. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.