Top Darkhorses this year?

Just want to throw a couple out there who arent ranked in state or semistate that should be watched out for , TONY VAUGHN of EM with a Tech fall over Grey of bellmont who just currently beat lutter 3-2 ? his only losses to torres 5-6 , johnson , 8-6 , and molloy by fall . 

MATT KELLY of CG , heard the kid was droppig to 145 come sectionals time , he will be a BIG 45 pounder with wins over Christenson of LC , BurkVanHorn of FC , Morris of EM , Graham of WC .

Eliseo Guerra of EC , havent seen this kid wrestle that much but when i have his matches are not that long , reminding me of EC HWT from two years ago NEEK . kids someone to watch for also.

]

How did he do against the #1 kid from Michigan?

Hanua is ranked 2 now he lost 7-0

Lost 8-0 Hughes

Fall vs cash

5-3 covaciu

9-7 Lykins

8-4 swank all solid losses

I could give a handful if guys who could make a deep run who aren't ranked.

Brenden Black Hobart really tough 2 losses gunsett Bellmont(who he pinned) and McKinney 2-1

Lukas long Lakeland beat wiemer and hatch at 106 this weekend

Hunter Langloh Columbia city if he makes 106

Jon Becker Bellmont for a couple

The most under ranked kid in the state is got to be Blake Jourdan of mater dei. VERY solid technician.

Jourdan definitely has what it takes to make a deep run and great workout partners..He is tough..Lost by fall in last years ticket round to Fleener. He kept it close for most of that match. I believe he also won iswa folkstyle this year at cadet 126.

Jourdan definitely has what it takes to make a deep run and great workout partners..He is tough..Lost by fall in last years ticket round to Fleener. He kept it close for most of that match. I believe he also won iswa folkstyle this year at cadet 126.

I believe Jordan Vaughn from Franklin Central beat him in the finals @ 138 at Folkstyle State!

Rentas from merrillville is looking tough. He could be a dark horse at 145. I also think that Sopko and black from Hobart could bust some brackets. 120 is full of upsets!

I've heard of Rentas and Sopko and see that they are both ranked. But haven't heard much of black and I don't see him in the rankings.

I've heard of Rentas and Sopko and see that they are both ranked. But haven't heard much of black and I don't see him in the rankings.

I've heard a ton of "Major black" the Hobart faithful bring him up whenever theirs an opportunity. The kids tough, but before the Al smith they were talking a possible "blackout" against sinko (black dominating sinko). That didn't happen since the kid didn't make it far enough. Kids good, especially for a freshman,  but they hyped him up way too much, so he was going to fall eventually.

I would say that a top 5 kid could very much be a dark horse.  In most weight classes.

No one even talks about the kids that are not the top 1 or 2.  It seams like most people think

that the top 1 or 2 are locks to win it.

I've heard a ton of "Major black" the Hobart faithful bring him up whenever theirs an opportunity. The kids tough, but before the Al smith they were talking a possible "blackout" against sinko (black dominating sinko). That didn't happen since the kid didn't make it far enough. Kids good, especially for a freshman,  but they hyped him up way too much, so he was going to fall eventually.

everyone falls. Next Saturday at the Burkhart invite Torres, Black, and Sinko will be there. We will get a better idea of his ability there.

I would say that a top 5 kid could very much be a dark horse.  In most weight classes.

No one even talks about the kids that are not the top 1 or 2.  It seams like most people think

that the top 1 or 2 are locks to win it.

That's what I'm saying. If the number five guy wins. That's an upset, therefore a darkhorse. :-)

A darkhorse is not in the rankings not many have heard of um. Lost close matches to guys in the rankings. Such as D McClurg 120 of Union County  loses to C. J. 15-0  lasted 2 periods.  lost to T.Wright 7-3  lost to T. Lonneman 2-0  lost to B Caufman  14- 3  in an early morning match he wasnt prepared for.(His fault no excuses.) Tough lose to C. Lukaszka 5-2 only notable win was last night against a good friend of his ssq A Jenkinson. Looks good confidence growing setting big  goals for hisself and working hard to achieve them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.