4 from same regional advance to state

funkymonkey

This year with Knapp, Glouglouski, and Gayfield all in the Goshen Regional I see all them making it to state

Sawyer Miller and Cael McCormick(heard he's dropping)will be at 120 so I would say only 2 from goshen regional would make it to state

In 2011, four heavyweights from the Rochester regional all advanced to state - Damon Howe (Plymouth), Abraham Hall (Bremen), Jeremiah Harvey (Culver Community) and Kade Maggart (Penn).

Not only that, but two of them -- Howe and Harvey -- wrestled for the state championship, with Harvey winning in OT, 3-1.

In 2011, four heavyweights from the Rochester regional all advanced to state - Damon Howe (Plymouth), Abraham Hall (Bremen), Jeremiah Harvey (Culver Community) and Kade Maggart (Penn).

Not only that, but two of them -- Howe and Harvey -- wrestled for the state championship, with Harvey winning in OT, 3-1.

Additionally, Hall wrestled Daniel Meyer (who placed third) to OT on Friday night, and was champ the following year.  Deep HWT regional to say the least.

Assuming all schools are equal size and strength, there's about a 1.2% chance of a given semi-state weight class's best 4 kids being from the same regional.  With 56 weight classes being wrestled in a year, that would mean about a two-thirds chance of the "all-4-from-one-regional" rarity happening in a given year. 

However, since not all regionals are created equal, I would predict we'll see it happen more like once per year, on average, over the long haul.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.