IndianaMat.com Team Rankings 12/23

decbell1

Winners for Penn

Winners for Merrillville

After hearing today that Michael Martin is not going to be in the lineup, I am switching 132 to Penn, which throws the projection back to Penn.

M109R, I'm sorry my posts aren't timely for you. There is a small religious holiday this week.

I'm not even going to comment on this , let's see what you have to say after Jan 4th.

Are the individual rankings that far off because according to those Penn should win 10 weight classes. On paper it sure seems to suggest a Penn win. I'm a little curious as well as to the logic on Merrivilles high ranking. I'd like to point out I have not seen them wrestle I'm just asking why they are even in the conversation with Penn. my calculations show them nowhere near cathedral or warren central either.

Penn ranked at

106,113,126,138,152,160,170,182, 195,220

Win placers at 106(8)126(2)

SQ 160,170,152,195

SSQ 182,220(was 285)

2 new slates and swank

Merrillville ranked at

State placers

285(7)

SQ

SSQ

New comers

126 Johnson has been ranked, FR delapena

The only notable meeting from last years al smith was hollins/Osborn semi hollins won by fall it wouldn't be surprised to see hollins at 70. Losing Steveson hurts the pirates

You know there is only one match that is different from your prediction....right?

Penn and Merrillville will have plenty of head to heads at the Al Smitherson this weekend.

Y2

Our prediction isn't that far off when it comes to # of  matches won , but I did give Merrilliville the benifit of the dought on a couple of matches . Decbell is hardly giving Penn any bonus points . I'm trying to find the match by match results of Penn vs Portage . As I stated before , Penn had at least 8 falls , but could be 9 against Portage . But yet Decbell doesn't appear to give Penn 1 fall against Merrillville . I believe Penn would get 4-5 falls against Merrillville . He's only giving Penn 25 points , but yet Penns JV scored 15 and Portage scored 27 on the Ville . I would say he either doesn't like Penn or he's biased to Merrillville .

Y2

Our prediction isn't that far off when it comes to # of  matches won , but I did give Merrilliville the benifit of the dought on a couple of matches . Decbell is hardly giving Penn any bonus points . I'm trying to find the match by match results of Penn vs Portage . As I stated before , Penn had at least 8 falls , but could be 9 against Portage . But yet Decbell doesn't appear to give Penn 1 fall against Merrillville . I believe Penn would get 4-5 falls against Merrillville . He's only giving Penn 25 points , but yet Penns JV scored 15 and Portage scored 27 on the Ville . I would say he either doesn't like Penn or he's biased to Merrillville .

Comparing straight up scores between teams is beyond ridiculous and you know that.

With Penn and Merrillville both at the Al Smith the next two days I think a lot of questions about this match-up will get answered. Even though it seems you won't be happy unless Penn is ranked #1 because they beat Portage so badly.

Comparing straight up scores between teams is beyond ridiculous and you know that.

With Penn and Merrillville both at the Al Smith the next two days I think a lot of questions about this match-up will get answered. Even though it seems you won't be happy unless Penn is ranked #1 because they beat Portage so badly.

No , I would put Penn at 3-4 until proven otherwise .  When was the last time (College or High School) that you seen a team that had 10 Individually ranked guys , behind a team that had 5 ranked guys ? In 35 years of being a wrestler , wrestling dad and  fan , I've never seen this , or have I seen a team with 5 ranked beat a team with 10 ranked .

No , I would put Penn at 3-4 until proven otherwise .  When was the last time (College or High School) that you seen a team that had 10 Individually ranked guys , behind a team that had 5 ranked guys ? In 35 years of being a wrestler , wrestling dad and  fan , I've never seen this , or have I seen a team with 5 ranked beat a team with 10 ranked .

Based on individual rankings

Penn would be favored at seven weights: 106,126,152,160,170,195,220

Merrillville would be favored at five weights: 113,138,145,182(based on last meeting),285

Two matches with unranked wrestlers would be 120 and 132

As I keep trying to tell you, with most likely many head to head matches this weekend the rankings will most likely change. With the way the top 8 teams are so closely bunched this year you can find justification on any ranking you want to put out there. In the next three weeks we will get to see many great matches that will shape the rankings better than the first 6 weeks of the season.

Why are we wasting time talking about third and fourth place finishers?  How about matching up the two best teams in Perry Meridian and Mater Dei.  Lets get people's predictions on the Team State Finals.

Now I wouldn't go and get too far ahead of yourself.  It will be difficult for Perry Meridian, Mater Dei, Penn, Franklin, Cathedral or any of them to make the finals.  The semi final matches will both be outstanding.  Whoever wins the tournament will be a truly deserving champion. 

Why are we wasting time talking about third and fourth place finishers?  How about matching up the two best teams in Perry Meridian and Mater Dei.  Lets get people's predictions on the Team State Finals.

Perry and Mater Dei are ranked 1 and 2 . That does not mean they are the two best teams . We will have a better understanding of the best Jan 4th .

Based on individual rankings

Penn would be favored at seven weights: 106,126,152,160,170,195,220

Merrillville would be favored at five weights: 113,138,145,182(based on last meeting),285

Two matches with unranked wrestlers would be 120 and 132

As I keep trying to tell you, with most likely many head to head matches this weekend the rankings will most likely change. With the way the top 8 teams are so closely bunched this year you can find justification on any ranking you want to put out there. In the next three weeks we will get to see many great matches that will shape the rankings better than the first 6 weeks of the season.

I understand that we will see some head to heads at the Al smith . But I bet it's only 5-7 matches . When the Indianamat rankings came out a few days ago , it clearly states (Based On Dual Team Strength). The only common opponent between Penn and Merrillville has been Portage . Merrillville was tied with Portage after 13 Matches . Strecks fall at 285 was the difference . Penn went through Portage like a hot knife through butter , not even close . I was simply asking Decbell his thinking behind Merrillville being the better dual team . End of story , I won't say anything more about it .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.