Penn vs Portage

M109R

This team is sending a message to other State teams. LOOKOUT!

Portage is a SOLID team that I believe barely lost to WC and Merrillville, and beat CP.

Very impressive!  :o

Both Cathedral and Merrillville barely beat Portage . I posted last year that this years Penn team could be untouchable (If Healthy). They are certainly playing the part so far this season .  They have been so close to knocking off Perry Meridian in recent years . I feel this is the year Penn breaks through.

Penn is good but Perry is stacked. Perry has more state quality guys all up and down there line up and Penn does have some but not like Perry. Also looking at how Perry's jv team beat Lowell, it just shows how stacked they are. We'll see eventually but I don't see Penn beating Perry this year

Penn is good but Perry is stacked. Perry has more state quality guys all up and down there line up and Penn does have some but not like Perry. Also looking at how Perry's jv team beat Lowell, it just shows how stacked they are. We'll see eventually but I don't see Penn beating Perry this year

Like you said, we will see come January 4th, let's hope.

Not sure where you are getting your information . Penn has guys ranked ahead of Perry at 106,126,152,160,170.182,195 and 220 . Add in there should be a Penn wrestler ranked at 138 when the next rankings come out.

Perry has guys ranked ahead of Penn at 113,120,132 and 145 . Penn has more ranked overall as well . Top to bottom , I don't think there is a more solid team in the state than Penn .

Perry , individual rankings mean nothing. When you talk top to bottom do you take into account sparing partners in the practice room ,coaches getting kids to understand what it takes to be a asset to the team and give 110% all the time. The weights you say is ranked will have lil bearing on a head to head between these to. The weights that arent ranked is were the difference will be seen. A Team is only as good as its weakest individual.

Perry , individual rankings mean nothing. When you talk top to bottom do you take into account sparing partners in the practice room ,coaches getting kids to understand what it takes to be a asset to the team and give 110% all the time. The weights you say is ranked will have lil bearing on a head to head between these to. The weights that arent ranked is were the difference will be seen. A Team is only as good as its weakest individual.

Penns room is also very deep, their practice partners are extremely strong. I haven't seen any result from penn in the last few years that shows they don't go 110% every match. And Penns line up is strong at pretty much every weight, just like perrys. I'm going with penn and there might be a little bias. Any argument you can use for Perry you can use for penn, except that Perry has won it the last few years.

With the utmost respect we can debate this until our faces turn blue.  The defending champ is the champ until somebody else proves otherwise.  And it is WELL deserved, Perry has been one of the most dominant and consistent teams in recent history.

When Penn gets there shot, and I hope they do, they will have to prove what most people are thinking this year.

I am so looking forward to this match.  Every have a safe Merry Christmas!

Panthers predication Penn by 6.

Not sure where you are getting your information . Penn has guys ranked ahead of Perry at 106,126,152,160,170.182,195 and 220 . Add in there should be a Penn wrestler ranked at 138 when the next rankings come out.

Perry has guys ranked ahead of Penn at 113,120,132 and 145 . Penn has more ranked overall as well . Top to bottom , I don't think there is a more solid team in the state than Penn .

penn is stacked but look how they match up with Franklin. I like Franklin

While eight falls is probably not what anyone would have guessed Portage is no Perry Meridian. Portage is a top 15 team, not a top 4 team like Perry is.

We were talking Penn vs Franklin .  I've done the Penn vs Perry matchup a few times , I've got Penn getting two falls and Perry getting three falls . However , I've got Penn winning 8 matches and Perry 6.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.