Spartan Classic

datdudekp

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stop this now!!!!! Or we are going to evoke the mean lady to get on here and tell us how we just need to go there if we want to see what is going on.  She scares me.

LMAO :)

Wish I had time to answer all the concerns, but I'm too busy doctoring the brackets. Who should I screw over first?

Brackets are not made up till final rosters are turned in. Once wrestlers are set in a weight then brackets are made by AD.

The best kids win, the best teams win. Connersville is 78-9 over the last three years, no way they should have been in top ten????(28-1 last year)

AMEN :)

Lets see 24 coaches are dragging their feet to get roster set by christmas day .Turn in on thursday and then half their line up shows up  a turkey and seven deviled eggs over wieght so they call  the coach of Connersville and beg to change half the lineup on thursday and then show up friday with the otherhalf of the lineup has changed because most of his kids didnt know they was wrestling on friday and didnt show up. Dont bash the people who are runnin this awesome tourney because they dont email you personnally the brackets with a bow on christmas morning.  Besides  thats part is what i like about it. So maybe your a good wrestler & maybe you do get the stud first ,now lets see what kind of man you are stand up proud shake his hand and tell him youll see him on the podium. Then go out and claw your way back. Dont be a baby and cry its not fair . If you end up getting third or fourth then save your whinning for your family back home.(my lil johnny would have been 2nd but he couldnt beat the 1st place guy.I,m sure they will see through your selfishness.) Blind draw what  joke if i was the coach and was host to a event this size I sure wouldnt give every one else the byes in the first round. If your kid cant beat the connersville kid in the 2nd round how can you cry about what happens in the first round. Home cooking On my mats thats what it would be. :) ;D :P    Its for the kids most of which have no idea who they draw until adults put their comments to it. Just wrestle.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT BIGMAK & JERRY THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!! I PERSONALLY WENT TO THE AD LAST YEAR & EVEN SENT AN EMAIL REQUESTING THAT THIS EVEN BE ON TRACKWRESTLING & HE SAID THAT HE WOULD LOOK INTO IT, NEEDLESS TO SAY WRESTLING IS CONNERSVILLE'S "NUMBER 1 SPORT" ALTHOUGH OUR RECORDS IN THE PAST TWO YEARS ARE BETTER THAN THE "NUMBER 1 SPORT" 

EMAIL THE AD-------Brent Duncan, Athletic Director  blduncan@fayette.k12.in.us

well said coach!

as a parent of a rival school wrestler and one that follows all the local area teams, I will testify that coach Jerry puts in a crazy amount of work in the offseason working with every wrestler that wants his help He reaches out even to those that are hesitant when he feels they have the skills and ability but just need that extra. He tries to give that to them. He has worked with my son and many other centerville wresters as well as wrestlers from hagerstown, lincoln, rushville, tri, union county, richmond and more that I know of myself. I know of coaches that once the season is over, they are done but thats where jerry's season begins. So for those that dont know him, trust me, he is a huge asset to the soort that obviously we all love.

The fact that connersville beat cathedral in a dual last year says enough lol...they earn the placements they have been getting. Look at connersvilles records the last several years people, this isnt your daddys connersville wrestling team anymore lmao

We have not been to the Spartan Classic since 2004-2005 season, but I always felt that this tournament could have been "seeded" pretty easily if they wanted. A sample would be:

1. Returning State Placer at that Weight (If there are two or more, highest returning placer gets higher seed, etc.)

2. Returning State Qualifier at that Weight (If there are two or more, higher seed goes to highest winning percetnage of current season, etc.)

3.  Returning State Placer at another weight (In case of tie, winning percentage of current season, and so on)

4.  Returning State Qualifier at another weight

5.  Returning Semi State qualifier at that weight

6.  Returning Semi State qualifier at another weight

Is it perfect, no, but it is a way to separate known strong wrestlers without a seed meeting.  In some weight classes perhaps you would have 5 seeded wrestlers, in other weights perhaps 8, rest randomly drawn in regardless of number of seeded wrestlers.  As stated earlier, not perfect, but always a way I felt to have a criteria to separate known strong wrestlers if the tournament directors wanted to go that direction.  It was always a fun tournament.

Good luck to all wrestlers.

TY ONEILL I AGREE THATS WHY TRACKWRESTLING IS THE ANSWER ITS ALL DONE MATCH TO MATCH THROUGH OUT THE WHOLE HIGH SCHOOL SEASON WOULD SEED ITSELF ON EVERY TOURNEY RANKINGS WOULD BE DEAD  ON. PERFECT FOR IND WRESTLING,BUT IT WOULD BE UP TO THE IHSAA TO PROCEED WITH IT.

I'll hop on.

To say this tournament is a blind draw is pretty comical. I have no doubt the AD does do the bracketing. This is how I see the tournament bracketing done:

December 26th, night before the Day One Weigh-in - The Athletic Director Brent Duncan (I looked it up) puts on his smoking jacket and heads over to Mousey's for a few cold pops served in those amazing small urinalysis-like jars of draft Pabst. Right before leaving home, he prints out DecBell's Top 20 Team Rankings and the previous year's Spartan Classic Team scores. After guzzling a few, he rubs his brow and gloats that last year's "blind draw" elevated his Connersville Spartans to one of their highest ever finishes. He even hears a Connersville faithful or two a few stools down the illegally smoky bar say, "It's all about the new direction of our program now". He smiles to himself, but knows he must plow forward with the annual shenanigans getting his beloved Spartans in brackets away from every Cathedral wrestler and any other wrestler that might be from a team in the Top 20. He searches long and hard for the Indianapolis Public School entrant (Broad Ripple in this year's case), who amongst the chaos of an out-of-town competition and holiday schedule will probably enter a full team, but only bring 4 kids. Jackpot! Connersville Johnny's first match! Forfeit and 4 first round points to the Spartans!!

If AD Sparty has one too many Pabst, he might even sling a couple top ranked kids in the same quarter bracket. He thinks to himself, we need some First Day fireworks anyway. Why not give people that drive all the way here down Highway 1 their money's worth. Plus, a barely ranked Cathedral kid might get knocked out. Win - Win. After eating his breaded tenderloin, he drives home and retires for the evening with visions of sugarplums . . . er, first round no-shows for Connersville wrestlers dancing in his head. The End.

The AD knows nothing about wrestling and is new to his job.  Pam Noble was the long time AD and recently retired.  The brackets are drawn by the CHS coaching staff with the AD in the room.  It is not blind but they do try to separate the top wrestlers (mostly away from the Spartans).

The AD knows nothing about wrestling and is new to his job.  Pam Noble was the long time AD and recently retired.  The brackets are drawn by the CHS coaching staff with the AD in the room.  It is not blind but they do try to separate the top wrestlers (mostly away from the Spartans).

LOLOLOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.