Spartan Classic

datdudekp

Lets see 24 coaches are dragging their feet to get roster set by christmas day .Turn in on thursday and then half their line up shows up  a turkey and seven deviled eggs over wieght so they call  the coach of Connersville and beg to change half the lineup on thursday and then show up friday with the otherhalf of the lineup has changed because most of his kids didnt know they was wrestling on friday and didnt show up. Dont bash the people who are runnin this awesome tourney because they dont email you personnally the brackets with a bow on christmas morning.  Besides  thats part is what i like about it. So maybe your a good wrestler & maybe you do get the stud first ,now lets see what kind of man you are stand up proud shake his hand and tell him youll see him on the podium. Then go out and claw your way back. Dont be a baby and cry its not fair . If you end up getting third or fourth then save your whinning for your family back home.(my lil johnny would have been 2nd but he couldnt beat the 1st place guy.I,m sure they will see through your selfishness.) Blind draw what  joke if i was the coach and was host to a event this size I sure wouldnt give every one else the byes in the first round. If your kid cant beat the connersville kid in the 2nd round how can you cry about what happens in the first round. Home cooking On my mats thats what it would be. :) ;D :P    Its for the kids most of which have no idea who they draw until adults put their comments to it. Just wrestle.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see 24 coaches are dragging their feet to get roster set by christmas day .Turn in on thursday and then half their line up shows up  a turkey and seven deviled eggs over wieght so they call  the coach of Connersville and beg to change half the lineup on thursday and then show up friday with the otherhalf of the lineup has changed because most of his kids didnt know they was wrestling on friday and didnt show up. Dont bash the people who are runnin this awesome tourney because they dont email you personnally the brackets with a bow on christmas morning.  Besides  thats part is what i like about it. So maybe your a good wrestler & maybe you do get the stud first ,now lets see what kind of man you are stand up proud shake his hand and tell him youll see him on the podium. Then go out and claw your way back. Dont be a baby and cry its not fair . If you end up getting third or fourth then save your whinning for your family back home.(my lil johnny would have been 2nd but he couldnt beat the 1st place guy.I,m sure they will see through your selfishness.) Blind draw what  joke if i was the coach and was host to a event this size I sure wouldnt give every one else the byes in the first round. If your kid cant beat the connersville kid in the 2nd round how can you cry about what happens in the first round. Home cooking On my mats thats what it would be. :) ;D :P    Its for the kids most of which have no idea who they draw until adults put their comments to it. Just wrestle.

i wish we could still give "cool points" on here!!!

Not bad at all jgm --- and who would do the seeding -- coaches polls (biased with only half the info) maybe the bigger schools 'cause they're the only ones with real wrestlers.

they shouldnt seed it, but it needs changed. scrap the whole format. cut half the teams out. have super duals of some sort where every single varsity weight class is guaranteed 5 matches friday and 5 matches saturday. everyone gets 10 matches then declare weight class winners. some kids spend 2 full days there and get just 2 matches, maybe 3. those kids sit on sidelines losing interest and only think of going home at that point. Have them wrestling. keep their interest up. keep them working.

I know it's not a big deal for you or any of the other Spartan coaches, but I just feel it's a big deal for us fans who take work off, and pay to go watch the tournament. I mean if it's a blind draw, then make it a flipp'n blind draw! Give the fans the finals they came to see, instead of the championship on the first day. And do JGM... do you really just think it's a coincidence that Connersville is far ahead of EVERY team after the first two rounds EVERY year.!? Sorry, but either you're from Connersville, or you're just an idiot.

I AGREE BUT IF IT WAS A TEAM EVENT FIRST FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND THE IHSAA HAS ALREADY ELIMINATED  TEAM  FROM WRESTLING ITS AN INDIVIDUAL SPORT ONLY AND AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED I LIKE THE FACT THAT THIS MID SEASON EVENT IS MOSTLY FOCUSED ON INDIVIDUALS FOR ME IT REMINDS ME OF OFFSEASON FREESTYLE ATMOSPHERE WHERE ALOT OF KIDS ARE FOCUSED ON THEIR INDIVIDUL BRAKETS BUT STILL SUPPORTING THE TEAM ON THE MAT.

THAT WAS IN RESPONSE TO BIGMAK. IN RESPONSE TO NUTTERBUTTER IF YOUR ASKIN FOR SPECIAL BYES LET US KNOW  AHEAD OF TIME ON INDIANAMAT & WHAT WHT YOU WILL BE WRESTLING.  WE WILL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO BUT DONT GET UPSET WHEN YOU GET BEAT BY JOHNNY GOOD BYE & BUFOR FEIT.

I AGREE BUT IF IT WAS A TEAM EVENT FIRST FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND THE IHSAA HAS ALREADY ELIMINATED  TEAM  FROM WRESTLING ITS AN INDIVIDUAL SPORT ONLY AND AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED I LIKE THE FACT THAT THIS MID SEASON EVENT IS MOSTLY FOCUSED ON INDIVIDUALS FOR ME IT REMINDS ME OF OFFSEASON FREESTYLE ATMOSPHERE WHERE ALOT OF KIDS ARE FOCUSED ON THEIR INDIVIDUL BRAKETS BUT STILL SUPPORTING THE TEAM ON THE MAT.

Ooooookay, I'm glad it "reminds you of the fact" My complaint isn't a tough draw for a kid one season in 1999, or even two, or even three seasons of a row of this... My complaint/whinning is that this is EVERY single year!!!! Not just a few seasons in a row bud. But as long as it "reminds you of the fact" Somebody's gotta complain/whin, I guess it'll be me this year. Hopefully my whinning and complaing will make a change or difference one day. I mean dang, all the staff has to do is be ethical, and not tamper (cheat) with the drawings. I mean I know that is just so hard and tough to ask for, but I bet they could sleep better at night. Actually no they can't, because Connersville still loses...

Not bad at all jgm --- and who would do the seeding -- coaches polls (biased with only half the info) maybe the bigger schools 'cause they're the only ones with real wrestlers.

Umm other big tournaments get seeding done for some odd reason. It isn't that hard when someone knows the kids a little to know which coach is trying to BS his way to a seed.

Double elimination usually weeds out the wash and cream does rise to the top(top 4 is usually true). I really think your wasting energy fighting demons made up in your head. Whatever  you think might be true is keeping you from focusing on whats important,making better young men and women. Accusing someone of cheating in front of teenagers when they face someone tough early is only a negative condentation or and teaches them to dodge anyone they might be intimidated by. Teach them to face life head on and stand up strong and take a win the same as a loss no matter who its against.                              Excuses is all it is,  p.s. Since trackwrestling started up Ive been thinking it would be neat if they signed a contract with ihsaa to not only bracket  the large in season tourneys but run them as well. With them you get up to date team scores as wellas good tracking on individual brackets. Sry you feel the way you do, but I think you might be overstating your situation. 

Gotta ask...1999? What happened?

LOL, nothing happened in 1999. I won Connersvile twice in the 2000 era. I was just trying to make a point to jgm. I'm done debating w/ you tho man. You can't win against a guy sit'n in "his thrown" w/ stupidity. I guess me and everyone else are wrong... lol

The smart thing would be to do trackwrestling never said  you were wrong its a home invite of connersville and it goes on without  much support. Teams comback every year because they know its a great tune up  for the SECTIONAL THE oNEthat matters you proved my point by sying there was never a situaion like that. Might be a few that gets a tuff draw every year but to say that its all JERRY rigged is silly. get it Jerryrigged :) ;D :D :'( ;D :D;)

Double elimination usually weeds out the wash and cream does rise to the top(top 4 is usually true). I really think your wasting energy fighting demons made up in your head. Whatever  you think might be true is keeping you from focusing on whats important,making better young men and women. Accusing someone of cheating in front of teenagers when they face someone tough early is only a negative condentation or and teaches them to dodge anyone they might be intimidated by. Teach them to face life head on and stand up strong and take a win the same as a loss no matter who its against.                              Excuses is all it is,  p.s. Since trackwrestling started up Ive been thinking it would be neat if they signed a contract with ihsaa to not only bracket  the large in season tourneys but run them as well. With them you get up to date team scores as wellas good tracking on individual brackets. Sry you feel the way you do, but I think you might be overstating your situation.

We all just find it strange that in the past 3 years I know personally no Connersville wrestler has met a ranked wrestler in the first 2 rounds of this tourney, which could only be a act of God if this has been truly a blind draw. If I am wrong then please show the bracket from the past 3 years I speak of and I will gladly admit I was wrong!

Just to clear a few things up....

Y2, no one has every said this tourney could not be seated. I've ask from the day I was hired. It's never ever going to happen!

Nutter, do u even no who I am? Do u no what I do for all wrestlers? I coach more kids o. The off season then I do in season, mostly from other schools then Connersville. Connersville over the last 3 years deseveringly should have placed where they did as a team. I guess u can only believe Cathedral can win, and if its close then someone is cheating! We did beat them in a dual last year!

I honestly don't care for the tourney. It has worked for our team over the last few years. Every was good enough to maybe get 4 matches. Now we might be lucky to have 5 kids get thru to day 2. Ill take a 2 day super dual any day.

I will say it one more time. The brackets are made up by the AD. I see the final brackets Friday morning when everyone else gets to. If u have a problem with me then honestly I don't care. I do so much for so many in this sport that if udont personally no me, then u have very little to do with the sport.

Y2, no one has every said this tourney could not be seated. I've ask from the day I was hired. It's never ever going to happen!

Nutter, do u even no who I am? Do u no what I do for all wrestlers? I coach more kids o. The off season then I do in season, mostly from other schools then Connersville. Connersville over the last 3 years deseveringly should have placed where they did as a team. I guess u can only believe Cathedral can win, and if its close then someone is cheating! We did beat them in a dual last year!

I honestly don't care for the tourney. It has worked for our team over the last few years. Every was good enough to maybe get 4 matches. Now we might be lucky to have 5 kids get thru to day 2. Ill take a 2 day super dual any day.

I will say it one more time. The brackets are made up by the AD. I see the final brackets Friday morning when everyone else gets to. If u have a problem with me then honestly I don't care. I do so much for so many in this sport that if udont personally no me, then u have very little to do with the sport.

Wow, I no what you mean, lol

I will say it one more time. The brackets are made up by the AD. I see the final brackets Friday morning when everyone else gets to. If u have a problem with me then honestly I don't care. I do so much for so many in this sport that if u dont personally no me, then u have very little to do with the sport.

well said coach!

as a parent of a rival school wrestler and one that follows all the local area teams, I will testify that coach Jerry puts in a crazy amount of work in the offseason working with every wrestler that wants his help He reaches out even to those that are hesitant when he feels they have the skills and ability but just need that extra. He tries to give that to them. He has worked with my son and many other centerville wresters as well as wrestlers from hagerstown, lincoln, rushville, tri, union county, richmond and more that I know of myself. I know of coaches that once the season is over, they are done but thats where jerry's season begins. So for those that dont know him, trust me, he is a huge asset to the soort that obviously we all love.

The fact that connersville beat cathedral in a dual last year says enough lol...they earn the placements they have been getting. Look at connersvilles records the last several years people, this isnt your daddys connersville wrestling team anymore lmao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.