Spartan Classic

datdudekp

well said coach!

as a parent of a rival school wrestler and one that follows all the local area teams, I will testify that coach Jerry puts in a crazy amount of work in the offseason working with every wrestler that wants his help He reaches out even to those that are hesitant when he feels they have the skills and ability but just need that extra. He tries to give that to them. He has worked with my son and many other centerville wresters as well as wrestlers from hagerstown, lincoln, rushville, tri, union county, richmond and more that I know of myself. I know of coaches that once the season is over, they are done but thats where jerry's season begins. So for those that dont know him, trust me, he is a huge asset to the soort that obviously we all love.

The fact that connersville beat cathedral in a dual last year says enough lol...they earn the placements they have been getting. Look at connersvilles records the last several years people, this isnt your daddys connersville wrestling team anymore lmao

You kinda have made our point, this tourney is suppose to be a blind draw so the Connersville wrestlers should not have been getting the placement that you have indicated that they do get, and according to you deserve. Not sure what beating the Irish once in your recent history has to do with any of this, I assume you understand this is a new season and the Irish will remember last year and be looking forward to meeting up with any of the Spartan wrestlers. Good luck to all the wrestlers competing this weekend.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You kinda have made our point, this tourney is suppose to be a blind draw so the Connersville wrestlers should not have been getting the placement that you have indicated that they do get, and according to you deserve. Not sure what beating the Irish once in your recent history has to do with any of this, I assume you understand this is a new season and the Irish will remember last year and be looking forward to meeting up with any of the Spartan wrestlers. Good luck to all the wrestlers competing this weekend.

Ur crazy big bob. Nothing I said proved any point of yours but go on thinking that. U get so upset that lowly Connersville spanked your beloved Irish. They don't even have to recruit and spanked your butts lmao. So go sit in the front row talking to yourself like you always do since nobody sits with u to talk to you lol.

[*]

[*]

they shouldnt seed it, but it needs changed. scrap the whole format. cut half the teams out. have super duals of some sort where every single varsity weight class is guaranteed 5 matches friday and 5 matches saturday. everyone gets 10 matches then declare weight class winners. some kids spend 2 full days there and get just 2 matches, maybe 3. those kids sit on sidelines losing interest and only think of going home at that point. Have them wrestling. keep their interest up. keep them working.

The kids should be interested..there are always multiple state placers and usually a state champ or two at this tournament...instead of sitting around doing nothing, they should be watching and learning from those guys...go up and talk to them..we all know how wrestlers are...take something from it...if you want a guaranteed 0-5 instead of 0-2 then go somewhere else instead

[*]

[*]

The kids should be interested..there are always multiple state placers and usually a state champ or two at this tournament...instead of sitting around doing nothing, they should be watching and learning from those guys...go up and talk to them..we all know how wrestlers are...take something from it...if you want a guaranteed 0-5 instead of 0-2 then go somewhere else instead

I know what you are saying and I agree with you. Its just I see some kids sitting forever between matches losing interest. I tell them to watch certain ones but they are kids...anyway, Im glad you guys are there this year.

Ur crazy big bob. Nothing I said proved any point of yours but go on thinking that. U get so upset that lowly Connersville spanked your beloved Irish. They don't even have to recruit and spanked your butts lmao. So go sit in the front row talking to yourself like you always do since nobody sits with u to talk to you lol.

bigmak, since I seem to be important enough for you to know I'm sure your man enough to come introduce yourself since you have such a strong opinion, but I'm betting your one that hides behind his screen name. Your ignorance speaks for itself in your post, but I will be their all weekend so come introduce yourself so I can put a face with the idiot, lol Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend!

bigmak, since I seem to be important enough for you to know I'm sure your man enough to come introduce yourself since you have such a strong opinion, but I'm betting your one that hides behind his screen name. Your ignorance speaks for itself in your post, but I will be their all weekend so come introduce yourself so I can put a face with the idiot, lol Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend!

I introduced myself to you last year big blob. It's also no secret who I am. Merry Christmas to you too big blob.

I introduced myself to you last year big blob. It's also no secret who I am. Merry Christmas to you too big blob.

Looking forward to seeing you again unless again you'd rather hide behind your computer, lol Merry Christmas to you so now let's find out if your in fact gutless this weekend...

Looking forward to seeing you again unless again you'd rather hide behind your computer, lol Merry Christmas to you so now let's find out if your in fact gutless this weekend...

Big blob, most people know who I am. They also know I don't hide. I'm way too pretty to this face. Why such name calling? First I'm an idiot now I'm gutless. I mean, I don't sport the gut you do but I'm far from gutless. Cheer up blob, it's the holiday season.

I'll hop on.

To say this tournament is a blind draw is pretty comical. I have no doubt the AD does do the bracketing. This is how I see the tournament bracketing done:

December 26th, night before the Day One Weigh-in - The Athletic Director Brent Duncan (I looked it up) puts on his smoking jacket and heads over to Mousey's for a few cold pops served in those amazing small urinalysis-like jars of draft Pabst. Right before leaving home, he prints out DecBell's Top 20 Team Rankings and the previous year's Spartan Classic Team scores. After guzzling a few, he rubs his brow and gloats that last year's "blind draw" elevated his Connersville Spartans to one of their highest ever finishes. He even hears a Connersville faithful or two a few stools down the illegally smoky bar say, "It's all about the new direction of our program now". He smiles to himself, but knows he must plow forward with the annual shenanigans getting his beloved Spartans in brackets away from every Cathedral wrestler and any other wrestler that might be from a team in the Top 20. He searches long and hard for the Indianapolis Public School entrant (Broad Ripple in this year's case), who amongst the chaos of an out-of-town competition and holiday schedule will probably enter a full team, but only bring 4 kids. Jackpot! Connersville Johnny's first match! Forfeit and 4 first round points to the Spartans!!

If AD Sparty has one too many Pabst, he might even sling a couple top ranked kids in the same quarter bracket. He thinks to himself, we need some First Day fireworks anyway. Why not give people that drive all the way here down Highway 1 their money's worth. Plus, a barely ranked Cathedral kid might get knocked out. Win - Win. After eating his breaded tenderloin, he drives home and retires for the evening with visions of sugarplums . . . er, first round no-shows for Connersville wrestlers dancing in his head. The End.

PS. I do think because Connersville hosts this tourney and does a very nice job with the organization, they can do whatever they want with the format. I just don't think it is becoming to call it a blind draw. Either way, the Irish will be there ready for some redemption from a spotty year last year by our standards. Looking forward to it!! 

Can anyone tell me where I can find the Spartan Classic brackets, would they be on Indianamat?

Last year I took pictures of them with my phone and sent them in.  But I will not be there on Friday so you may need to sweet talk Joe.  But to answer your question they do not get officially published unless something has changed this year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.