Preseason Rankings, Preseason Rankings, PRESEASON RANKINGS!!!!

Y2CJ41

Why at 132# would you put carithers in the rankings over Atkinson when Atkinson beat him in sectional finals and regional finals last year?  First match was almost a techfall! Atkinson won freestyle state.  What did carithers do to pass a guy who beat him twice and is more accomplished?

Why at 132# would you put carithers in the rankings over Atkinson when Atkinson beat him in sectional finals and regional finals last year?  First match was almost a techfall! Atkinson won freestyle state.  What did carithers do to pass a guy who beat him twice and is more accomplished?

Carithers is ranked at 38 Atkinson is on the watch list at 32.  Is Atkinson going 38? I saw on other topics he was going 32

Ill answer both.

1. Drew ahead of laHue was just a judgement I saw the folkstyle match baily looked tough. Drew had a outstanding freshman year with 2 losses Wilson and Mitch Anderson. Dominating a lot of the season and tough comp.

2. 160 was tough Kenny had a really solid offseason with wins over a lot of state medalist including his junior year had 2 losses Maldonado and Mccloskey. He had 2 losses to Jolas and Helms which shows how much of a barn burner that weight will be. Again

Ill answer both.

1. Drew ahead of laHue was just a judgement I saw the folkstyle match baily looked tough. Drew had a outstanding freshman year with 2 losses Wilson and Mitch Anderson. Dominating a lot of the season and tough comp.

It may not be a relevant query since I don't think Bailey will be at 132 (I would defer to CCCoach), but I am having trouble understanding the logic of not counting a head to head, and deferring to competition, especially when there is no one between the two who has beaten Bailey and lost to Drew. 

It may not be a relevant query since I don't think Bailey will be at 132 (I would defer to CCCoach), but I am having trouble understanding the logic of not counting a head to head, and deferring to competition, especially when there is no one between the two who has beaten Bailey and lost to Drew.

Phillips beat lahue and lost to drew

So freestyle wins are better then state placing in a seeding meeting?

I do take summer wins in to consideration when doing the ranking. James is all American so he gets the 1 spot. I think Lahue has wrestled Drew very tough their entire wrestling careers he got the 2 spot because he was under the lights last year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.