Fort Wayne semi state rankings

boomer

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he must be the new Fort Wayne semi-state guru. Amazing he knows so much yet forgot about state placer DeLawerence Gayfield.  Or other tough wrestlers like Casey Adams, Dustin Hinkle, Josh Garman, Owen Doster, Kyle Mockensturm, Brad Levitz, Konner Chafin, Taylor Grim, Erik Hobbs amongst others.

Your infatuation with this guy must have something to do with him putting your son as a ticket-rounder.

Of course he must be the new Fort Wayne semi-state guru. Amazing he knows so much yet forgot about state placer DeLawerence Gayfield.  Or other tough wrestlers like Casey Adams, Dustin Hinkle, Josh Garman, Owen Doster, Kyle Mockensturm, Brad Levitz, Konner Chafin, Taylor Grim, Erik Hobbs amongst others.

Your infatuation with this guy must have something to do with him putting your son as a ticket-rounder.

I didn't say I was guru; I made an educated guess and conceded the omission of Gayfield. I'll counter that you are mistaken about Franklin, Neeley, and Weimer. Also you are obviously full of yourself  if you don't know.  Blind for sure. I respect Coach Raypole, I hope you don't reflect the "Carroll Mentality".  You see I'm no internet troll. I don't have to put people down or belittle their accomplishments because I have my own to reflect on. I'm just saying whom I think can beat whom.  Tell U a story about a kid from the Southside of Fort Wayne. No one (including I) expected him to get out of sectionals let alone.  I used to be elitist too. I went to Snider. Before moving here I belong to Cavemen WC under the tutelage of Al Smith. I believed like many do that the only way people can win is by wearing a certain shirt. wrong. This Southside kid I mentioned wasn't even the second best wrestler in his city at his weight, yet he got Second in the state.  Southside, he was the only guy on his team. But HE PUT THE WORK In...no one would have had this guy ranked in his conference at the beginning of the year....

As for the Woenker selection you are referring to...Regional 5th place is not too far to gather that this guy wins 3 more matches he is in the Ticket Round...I've seen his recent body of work and I think he can do so.  By the way those funning on Smiley: I personally know he was not Healthy most of last year yet he won 25 matches. He got injured before sectionals. I've seen him working hard this off season and he has a excellent training partner. The name on the singlet matters not, it's the wrestler in it.

lol geez Y2 cant i just like someone because they pull no punches and are knowledgable .heck thats the only reason i kinda  liked you. anyway glad you listed some names that he hasnt already mentioned. and no my son will be a freshman in 2014 and you and heavy handz and all your people in low places will all have him ranked

Here's a guy who knows what he's talking about!

And speaking of 170, Shaun Johnson #1 over Keair Ross? Hmmmm.

Johnson has and excellent pedigree. I don't have time to mention how many ranked guys he beat this off season. He is getting bigger and stronger and training with top flight talent. To give you a clue Anthony Linnear is Shaun Johnson's brother. I'm sure he will give him some pointers.

The only way your going to get accurateish rankings are by forgeting your bias, and look at results! That's why y2 is acting the way he is. The way you are doing your pics makes it seem like you don't think others are practicing, and getting better. Yes there's always going to be someone that comes "out of no where" but if you are trying to guess whose going to make that jump, without off season matches (not practice, which doesn't mean anything) your going to be wrong.

The only way your going to get accurateish rankings are by forgeting your bias, and look at results! That's why y2 is acting the way he is. The way you are doing your pics makes it seem like you don't think others are practicing, and getting better. Yes there's always going to be someone that comes "out of no where" but if you are trying to guess whose going to make that jump, without off season matches (not practice, which doesn't mean anything) your going to be wrong.

If I was biased I would have put everyone from Wayne and Snider. That's where my hearts at. Y2 is acting that way cause he is a cyberbully plain and simple..no matter we will get facetime at some point ...same regional and we will see each other first match of the year November 22 at Carroll...Indianamat tournament is only 2 months away. If the guys I mention do well at Indianamat he will have to concede I was correct on some...thing is time will tell and at the end of the day: I'm not worried.

If I was biased I would have put everyone from Wayne and Snider.

Oh no not biased at all, yet all the top kids that are questionable you have personally "trained."

That's where my hearts at. Y2 is acting that way cause he is a cyberbully plain and simple

No just telling you that your picks are a tad bit off base.

..no matter we will get facetime at some point

I don't have an iPhone so I can't facetime with you, sorry I am an Android guy. 

...same regional and we will see each other first match of the year November 22 at Carroll...

Good luck

Indianamat tournament is only 2 months away. If the guys I mention do well at Indianamat he will have to concede I was correct on some...thing is time will tell and at the end of the day: I'm not worried.

State placers routinely don't place at this tournament, not too worried.  Heck a guy that was one match from being on the Cadet World team didn't even place last year.

dang now this is a forum I am looking

Now this is a great forum with 2 guys who know quite a bit about the area wrestling . Makes me want to go watch November 22nd and i dont have kids at Carroll or Wayne. I do know Heavy Handz Wrestling Team (made up of wrestlers from the south side of FW ) went to Carroll this offseason and ran through pretty much everyone. and so many people came up to me and asked who we were and where we train that i wanted to make an announcement over the pa system lol

I didn't say I was guru; I made an educated guess and conceded the omission of Gayfield.

Then you must not be too educated on the wrestling in the area. You even forgot a former state qualifier from the SAC in your picks. Not so educated :)

I'll counter that you are mistaken about Franklin, Neeley, and Weimer.

Not really, I know where they stand and if they are truly 2nd-4th in the semi-state it won't be a fun Friday night at the Bank. I have seen all three wrestle and they have some growing to do to be contenders.

Also you are obviously full of yourself  if you don't know.  Blind for sure.

Or you can just say knowing the area and doing semi-state rankings for the past 7ish years that I know more about the area than most including you.

I respect Coach Raypole, I hope you don't reflect the "Carroll Mentality". 

It is the mentality of knowing what is going on in the state and area and who the best kids are. I get daily emails with results of kids all over the state during the season....I know what is going on.

You see I'm no internet troll. I don't have to put people down or belittle their accomplishments because I have my own to reflect on. I'm just saying whom I think can beat whom. 

Yet you forget to take into account actual matches that have occurred....interesting.

Tell U a story about a kid from the Southside of Fort Wayne. No one (including I) expected him to get out of sectionals let alone.  I used to be elitist too. I went to Snider. Before moving here I belong to Cavemen WC under the tutelage of Al Smith. I believed like many do that the only way people can win is by wearing a certain shirt. wrong. This Southside kid I mentioned wasn't even the second best wrestler in his city at his weight, yet he got Second in the state.  Southside, he was the only guy on his team. But HE PUT THE WORK In...no one would have had this guy ranked in his conference at the beginning of the year....

That is so inspirational.

As for the Woenker selection you are referring to...Regional 5th place is not too far to gather that this guy wins 3 more matches he is in the Ticket Round...I've seen his recent body of work and I think he can do so.  By the way those funning on Smiley: I personally know he was not Healthy most of last year yet he won 25 matches. He got injured before sectionals. I've seen him working hard this off season and he has a excellent training partner. The name on the singlet matters not, it's the wrestler in it.

He will still have to go through kids like Isaac Eicher who pinned him last year....must have forgot about that loss.

If I was biased I would have put everyone from Wayne and Snider. That's where my hearts at. Y2 is acting that way cause he is a cyberbully plain and simple..no matter we will get facetime at some point ...same regional and we will see each other first match of the year November 22 at Carroll...Indianamat tournament is only 2 months away. If the guys I mention do well at Indianamat he will have to concede I was correct on some...thing is time will tell and at the end of the day: I'm not worried.

Y2 did a good of dissecting this already. But no, being bias doesn't mean you'd pick everyone from your schools.  Y2 was just pointing out the flaws in your picks (The bias, the basing it off practice and not real matches)! Y2 has done a great job with his picks, so maybe you should take some notes, because it would make you more accurate.

well when we finally see MR. Genius' picks then we can see whose turn out better. I like Heavy Handz' picks he did them early and may have missed a few but  who wouldnt no one knows everything . Im sure both guys will have some things correct that the other guy doesnt but I think it will be close.

Mine won't be out until November and mine will be more thorough and accurate as they have been for the past 7ish years.  In 2013 I missed 7 state qualifiers, 2012 I missed 5 and in 2011 I missed 7.  These were all done before sectional with many ranked kids going head to head in the ticket round.

When your buddy can get that kind of accuracy he can come talk to me.

well seems a little unfair to compare his and your picks after you have watched the entire season Y2 ,and he did his without seeing a single match. So i think Heavy Handz should get a fresh redo in November also just to make it fair. At least thats how we would do it in the Big City (maybe its different in podunk republican hillbilly headquarters  garrett IN.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.