You call it LUCK, I call it HEART!!

Wrestlingfan182

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on top of that mccloskey had 2 takedowns that once again these high school refs can't make the right call....the whole way through this tourny some obviously don't know what a takedown is ......what about the deondre wilson finals match ....you really need to converse about that takedown in the first period before you give it to the kid ....that was a takedown for 30 seconds....get a clue

on top of that mccloskey had 2 takedowns that once again these high school refs can't make the right call....the whole way through this tourny some obviously don't know what a takedown is ......what about the deondre wilson finals match ....you really need to converse about that takedown in the first period before you give it to the kid ....that was a takedown for 30 seconds....get a clue

My problem in the wilson match was that so much tome expired at the edge. That should have been two td and ob call then reset at the center so that there could have been another 30 to 45 seconds of actual wrestling.

a year ago yeah...isaiah also beat mcclurg 9-4 this year

Riley also lost to Rypel and Seitzinger this year. But you can't just assume previous results will equal future performances. Riley improved his focus and tactics and that translated into a state championship. That is a fact. Any comments you or anyone makes is pure speculation and will not alter that fact. Congratulation Riley McClurg - 2013 160 pound STATE CHAMPION.

Fact no takedown was called, another fact Riley be Austin last week too so it wasn't a fluke, last fact RILEY MCCLURG 160lb STATE CHAMP. I think they both are god kids and wrestled hard and did what they could to win the match.

After watching McCloskey Friday night I thought he would win, but it's his own fault he lost...I'm not a McClurg fan but he did what he had to do to win and that's all that matters...yes I thought there were some bad calls as well, but that happens...hopefully McCloskey can get his next year

McCloskey had 3 opponents Saturday night. McClurg and the two refs on the mat.

fact.....im at a loss for words that this happened. getting an injury default round to go (my opinion tatom wins this weight class), getting on the side of the state bracket that was extremely more weak than the top, and then stalling, wrestling butt to line, hanging in front headlock, and getting taken down twice with no call.....all the stars aligned.

Fact no takedown was called, another fact Riley be Austin last week too so it wasn't a fluke, last fact RILEY MCCLURG 160lb STATE CHAMP.

Those facts are true & I certainly don't want to take anything away from McClurg. He wrestled well & won but...

Those facts do not change the fact that McCloskey had 2 TD's that were not called.

McCloskey's TD's were basically identical to Windfield's first TD in the 285 final, which was called correctly & imediately w/o hesitation.

Thorton, Seriously signing Hank Reardon and arguing for the collective good!!

You really do need to, "check your premises" John Galt

Where do you see me arguing for the collective good? Do you even know what that statement means...what the context is? And the "check you premises" line is first from Francisco, then later from Hugh Akston. You really don't want to get into an Ayn Rand/Atlas Shrugged debate with me. You guys just can't accept that Riley wrestled a smart match and he won the title. You all assume that if McCloskey had gotten a takedown, that McClurg would have just accepted a loss and not changed tactics.

I know if I won a state title I would worry what a bunch of old men thought of me get over it. RILEY IS THE BEST 160lb WRESTLER IN THE STATE OF INDIANA AS OF THIS POST my source: http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/boys%20sports/wrestling/2012-13/201213FinalBrackets.pdf

If you don't think that's true maybe you should have been a coach and trained someone to be better

Contradictions do not exist and the fact is Riley McClurg is the 160-pound state champion. And the Truth is Riley won. What evidence do you have that Riley lost? You have your supreme knowledge that McCloskey scored takedowns that were not accounted for. Takedowns that neither of the 2 licensed officials saw. And of course those officials would naturally be part of the grand conspiracy in favor of McClurg. Look, I understand how caught up we all get in this sport. That passion is part of the sport's allure. But ultimately, you have to come to grips with the decisions that are made. And if you truly believe that the refs are doing such a poor job, then take the test, put on the stripes work for a few years until you get a sectional, then a few more until you get a regional, a few more until you get a semi state and if you are one of the best you will get to officiate the state finals. Until then I will refer you to Teddy Roosevelt who said "It is not the critic who counts..." No matter what criticism you level at me, the officials, Perry Meridian in general or Riley McClurg specifically, it will not alter the fact that he is the state champion. No one, not you, any of your friends, any officials or commisioners, President Obama, the Dalai Lama, or the Pope will change that fact...ever. Deal with it and move on.

I know two things as well:

1) Riley Mcclurg is a state champ at 160 (in 2013 at that weight class)

2) I'm throwing mine away (not really lol)

160- Paul young,andrew howe, cooper samuels,briar runyan,sean mcmurray,chad welch,brian harvey, riley mcclurg

Last post... I'm moving on

PS.. the celebration was classy topped it off

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.