Hurford vs. Masengale

Wrestlingfan182

Im pretty sure hurford was mean to wrestlingfan182's kid during a match when they were both 4 yrs old and he hasnt been able to let it go. But he respects hurford and thinks his family is great.

My boy was mean to him Matts the one that got stuck both times, he did great lastnight best of luck in the future , also see ya next year Y2 and the rest .

My boy was mean to him Matts the one that got stuck both times, he did great lastnight best of luck in the future , also see ya next year Y2 and the rest .

I respect you wrestlingfan182, wc182dad, caliboy, demoguy. No disrespect. I also love your family.  Keep nurturing every wrestler in the state because without your steady hand im not sure where indiana wrestling would be. Make sure that when you reincarnate yourself be sure to put 182 in your screen name so we know unequivocally that its you (im sure well be able to figure it out by your atrocious grammar but why leave anything to chance).  Lastly, keep living in past and remind us how great your son was in the many iswa tourneys he won.

Don't know the kid and have only seen the kid wrestle maybe 10-12 times.  I was very happy for him.  It is difficult to wrestle at a high level for a team that only fields 7 or 8 wrestlers.  Not trying to put down the Culver Comm. program but the level of

practice competition for Hurford must be minimal.  Winning a state title is a bit easier when you wrestle for a Perry Mer. or a Mishawaka program.  These programs build champions.  This young man did it himself.  Great win for a neat kid and for all the small unknown programs. 

Hurford will be the first to tell you he didn't do it himself. He has great coaches that are able to get on the mat with him. Their head coach was a state champ in Michigan and they also have a volunteer that was a two time NCAA D2 runner up to roll with him. That along with traveling all over the state and country in the spring and summer for practices and competition. They have a great staff for the size of the school they are.

Hurford will be the first to tell you he didn't do it himself. He has great coaches that are able to get on the mat with him. Their head coach was a state champ in Michigan and they also have a volunteer that was a two time NCAA D2 runner up to roll with him. That along with traveling all over the state and country in the spring and summer for practices and competition. They have a great staff for the size of the school they are.

Tood the words out of my mouth.

I don't doubt he had some great training, but my point was well taken from people far removed from the Culver Comm. family.  And the traveling all over the place dedicating himself, is exactly what I was talking about.  He more than likely didn't travel all over the state with 30 teammates and a coaching staff.  So yes much of this fell on his shoulders.

Yes as a kid I also put Matt on his back a few times, but that doesn't mean I would win a match today. I got into baseball and got away from the sport. I also beat a Mr. Sliga as a kid, but guess who is a 2x state champ. (Him) Guess who isn't. (Me) Quit living in the past.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.