Penn Perry

Penn04

Penn 19 PM 31.

Duals were 6 to 8.

Perry used zero reserves.

Did Penn use the best team they could? If so, what is your point? Penn wrestled the best they could and were still 12 points short. Be happy with their effort, but don't try to denegrate Perry Meridian.

The amount of excuses Penn fans have made for their team this year, win or lose, is unreal.  "We were two overtime points away from winning," "we wrestled a bunch of JV guys," etc., etc.  I don't think Coach Harper would put a lineup on the mat that he thought didn't give Penn its best possible chance to win.  Seems to me that you guys have a pretty bad inferiority complex, must have something to do with all those years spent playing second fiddle to Mishawaka... You've got a solid team that's having a good season, but I'm sorry to say you're not on Perry's level.  Try making fewer excuses and enjoying it more.

Everything I've said is a statement of fact. Just because my name has Penn in it doesn't mean I'm making excuses. I mean do you understand the difference between a fact and an excuse?

Y2's patented "I'm only stating facts, this isn't an opinion" defense.  What you're doing is picking and choosing "facts" to state in order to make the implication that Penn "deserved" to win the match.  For example, by stating the "fact" that Perry wrestled "zero backups," you're making the implication that Penn wrestled "backups" (when in actuality, Penn makes a lot of rotations in their lineup, and your heavyweight hasn't been able to make weight for most of the season, so it's really irrelevant.)  So, even though you repeatedly say you're just "stating facts" we all know that what you're really saying is "Penn didn't wrestle their best lineup and Perry did, so their win is less meaningful."  Which is an opinion, and an excuse.  I'm not exactly sure if you think I'm stupid, or are just a smug d-bag. My opinion is it's the latter.

It was a very good dual and a fun one to watch... tied with three matches left and then PM winning two of those matches in OT..... as a fan of the sport it was very exciting ....

It was a very good dual and a fun one to watch... tied with three matches left and then PM winning two of those matches in OT..... as a fan of the sport it was very exciting ....

Sounds great, any match by match details?

Ageed it was a amazing Dual!  I don't believe anyone is disrespecting Perry they are ranked and deservedly so #1...but today a very solid Penn Team pushed ...and then a very solid Bloomington South team beat Penn Is it not alright to want to push and compete and yes hopefully one day beat Perry? Until this point "untouchable" was always the feeling I think if nothing else today showed one of these teams could upset Perry--not today maybe not this year but it should give hope to all the other teams in the state. Isnt that what will make Indiania a great wrestling state?  Wrestlingmhs ..crawl back in your cave and it wasnt until the last two years that perry won theirs but that doesn't mean Penn can't work towards that type of accomplishment.

Y2's patented "I'm only stating facts, this isn't an opinion" defense.  What you're doing is picking and choosing "facts" to state in order to make the implication that Penn "deserved" to win the match.  For example, by stating the "fact" that Perry wrestled "zero backups," you're making the implication that Penn wrestled "backups" (when in actuality, Penn makes a lot of rotations in their lineup, and your heavyweight hasn't been able to make weight for most of the season, so it's really irrelevant.)  So, even though you repeatedly say you're just "stating facts" we all know that what you're really saying is "Penn didn't wrestle their best lineup and Perry did, so their win is less meaningful."  Which is an opinion, and an excuse.  I'm not exactly sure if you think I'm stupid, or are just a smug d-bag. My opinion is it's the latter.

Everything stated here is so ridiculous that I don't know where to start.

I did not imply that Penn deserved the win. NEVER did I even come close to implying that. If Penn deserved the win, they would have won. The scoring rules for a team in a dual format in folkstyle wrestling are cut and dry.

In saying that PM wrestled no back ups, I was INFORMING anyone reading that it was their full line up. Immediate reaction to a score that close with Perry could be that they wrestled back ups. I was simply denouncing that in advance.

The overtimes notation was a reaction to a comment, not a hint that Penn should have won.

But please continue with the name calling. That's he only accurate and entertaining part of your posts.

If anyone has the individual results could you please post them. Thanks

Top of my head:

Stasiak dec Koehring

Woods dec An

Winfield dec Stohler

Hildebrandt dec Johnson

Davis dec Cottey

Kenney dec Beam

James TF Selis

LeCount maj Curcio

Bova maj Reinhardt

Mammolenti maj Fagan

Manspeaker dec Cooper

McClurg dec Osborn

Warman dec Wiseman

Masengale pin Hummel

Penn I agree, thanks for the info. You reported the facts, Guys like Thornton? These are the trolls on the board. You have every right to report the facts as you see them.Again thanks, keep posting.

I don't know who you are, but let me give you a bit of background on this "troll". I have been a teacher and coach at Perry Meridian high school for 20 years. The reason that I have not been more visible at events the past couple of years is because I have been battling colon cancer. I have been an obvious Falcon supporter for those 20 years, but am also recognized as an unbiased and knowledgeable observer, even when Perry is involved. You say Penn04 "reported the facts". Well there is a reason that when in court you are instructed to give the truth, THE WHOLE TRUTH, and nothing but the truth. The reason is because only presenting some of the facts leads to an incomplete picture...something less than what actually happened. By reporting less than the whole truth you expose your ulterior motive of wanting to delegitimize Perry's win and elevate Penn's status when simply giving a full report would elevate them to the #2 ranking (in my opinion). Penn wrestled a great match. They did everything they could have to win and came up a little short. Don't try to make it any more than that. And if you grant to Penn04 "every right to report facts as you see them" (which would really be opinion, as opposed to factual reporting), then that courtesy should be extended to all, even those with whom you disagree.

Anybody else split 6-8 with Perry this year?

Does it matter how many matches you win, if you still lose the Dual?? 

If Penn won 9 matches by decision and Perry won 5 by pin, who wins the match??

If it's and but's were CANDY and NUTS,  we would all have a Merry Christmas!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.