IHSWCA Team State: The Good and Bad

Y2CJ41

Mater Dei bumping up

It is very rare that a team will bump up classes, but Mater Dei did and lost by the slimmest of margins. Thank you for not being a big fish in a small pond Wildcats and getting after it with the big boys.

Is this taking a shot at Yorktown?  :D  ;D  ;)

I didn't take it as a shot at Yorktown.  I do agree though that it was great to see MD bump up and wrestle in 3A.  What good would it have done anyone to have them in 1A where they could have been?  Just goes to show Greg Schaefer is a first class guy and some things are more important than making sure you win.  Sometimes wrestling a tougher schedule and preparing for later in the year mean a little more.

Having the tourney on trackwrestling.com and having video feeds was a great thing for this tourney!

Trackwrestling.com it appears is constantly improving the way they track live tourney action. Having used them for many years to follow tourneys I could not attend in person, I continue to be impressed with them as a service.

Having the tourney on trackwrestling.com and having video feeds was a great thing for this tourney!

Trackwrestling.com it appears is constantly improving the way they track live tourney action. Having used them for many years to follow tourneys I could not attend in person, I continue to be impressed with them as a service.

Wonder how the audience would be if there were a nominal fee charged to access the video feeds?  Nothing much, but say $5 or $10 for access.  If you could even get 200 people to watch at $10 a head, that would cover all of the awards and still have some left over to fund other parts of the event.  Could give you an extra opportunity for sponsorships too.

Wonder how the audience would be if there were a nominal fee charged to access the video feeds?  Nothing much, but say $5 or $10 for access.  If you could even get 200 people to watch at $10 a head, that would cover all of the awards and still have some left over to fund other parts of the event.  Could give you an extra opportunity for sponsorships too.

trackwrestling.com already has a gold member that offers more features for payment. But, I think if you charge for general viewing online you would lose 95% of viewers. The video quality is certainly not worth it, yet. To many dropped signals, etc. This is not broadcast level TV we are talking about... yet. When the quality gets to that level I think then a low scale pay for view would be appropriate but again you would still lose many viewers.

IMO the best way to make funds through viewership is by paid advertising during breaks of matches and etc...

I also like the idea of each school being able to sell tickets and earning a portion of profits of those ticket sales to go towards the team entrance fee. And if a team can sell enough tickets their team entrance fee is waived.

I would like to see a contest for team fan spirit. What if team's fans were singing school fight songs like college teams, and/or teams brought their school bands and cheerleaders to pump up their fan crowd between matches!!!

Kudos to Coach Larry Mattingly and his staff... they're a first class show  :)

I didn't take it as a shot at Yorktown.  I do agree though that it was great to see MD bump up and wrestle in 3A.  What good would it have done anyone to have them in 1A where they could have been?  Just goes to show Greg Schaefer is a first class guy and some things are more important than making sure you win.  Sometimes wrestling a tougher schedule and preparing for later in the year mean a little more.

I agree class act would of liked to seen Yorktown in the 3A. How does Yortown match up with Franklin?

trackwrestling.com already has a gold member that offers more features for payment. But, I think if you charge for general viewing online you would lose 95% of viewers. The video quality is certainly not worth it, yet. To many dropped signals, etc. This is not broadcast level TV we are talking about... yet. When the quality gets to that level I think then a low scale pay for view would be appropriate but again you would still lose many viewers.

IMO the best way to make funds through viewership is by paid advertising during breaks of matches and etc...

I also like the idea of each school being able to sell tickets and earning a portion of profits of those ticket sales to go towards the team entrance fee. And if a team can sell enough tickets their team entrance fee is waived.

I would like to see a contest for team fan spirit. What if team's fans were singing school fight songs like college teams, and/or teams brought their school bands and cheerleaders to pump up their fan crowd between matches!!!

What ever happened to the mat maids and the cheer leaders of the 70's on the side of the mat???  Oh yeah, and the cool, hooded, warm up robes?

What ever happened to the mat maids and the cheer leaders of the 70's on the side of the mat???   Oh yeah, and the cool, hooded, warm up robes?

Thats what got me hooked me 6th grade year wrestling varsity for the first time the mat maids pounding the mat chanting my name, Good ol days lol. Goodluck with your grandson rdrodd1 wont be long and we will be watching him  ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.