Clear #1 and #2 after Team State

panther83

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From just being at the county tournament. I see WC having 5 wins against Perry. All five are their county champs. @20, 95, and 220 they could get bonus. Outside those five I guess they could say toss ups @82 and HWT since both went into OT's at the county. I would say Perry would win 9.5 times out of ten. I could see Warren putting up the most points bc of bonus. But Perry sticks @13, 26, 32, 38, 52, and 60.

From just being at the county tournament. I see WC having 5 wins against Perry. All five are their county champs. @20, 95, and 220 they could get bonus. Outside those five I guess they could say toss ups @82 and HWT since both went into OT's at the county. I would say Perry would win 9.5 times out of ten. I could see Warren putting up the most points bc of bonus. But Perry sticks @13, 26, 32, 38, 52, and 60.

I agree completely Perry is a Dynasty in the making amonst us, But!!! #2 is the question who has scored the most against PM the last two yrs??

I agree with the title of this thread. Perry Meridian and Franklin are definitely the top 2 teams in the state.

Decbell

I'm a little curious to what you see in the common opponents to make you believe Franklin is #2 ?

Perry Meridian -40

Penn- 15

Perry Meridian-46

Franklin - 11

Penn- 35

Bloomington S-26

Franklin - 29

Bloomington S - 22

If you think the only thing that goes into team rankings is comparing team dual scores, you are sorely mistaken. You can't rank teams without projections of matches and match ups.

Well give us the matchups and projected results then please .  Heres mine

106- Franklin Major 4-0

113- Penn Dec        4-3

120- Penn Fall        4-9

126- Penn Dec        4-12

132- Franklin Dec    7-12

138- Penn Major      7-16

145- Penn Major      7-20

152- Franklin Dec    10-20

160- Franklin Major  14-20

170- Franklin Dec    17-20

182- Franklin Dec    20-20

195- Penn Dec        20-23

220- Franklin Major 24-23

285- Penn Fall         24-29

Each team wins 7 matches and Penn is your winner . Won't these two teams wrestle at Bellmont ?

Franklin has their own Super Six the same weekend as Bellmont, Jan 5th.

Penn came down to the other Franklin Super Six last year (Franklin won), but Franklin had to not schedule that this year to free up the matches for the state tournament last week.

With all due respect, I think Franklin would win 8 or 9 matches if they wrestled this year. I also think Franklin would get more bonus points than the above scenario allowed for, especially at 106, 160 and 182.

It's too bad that the teams in the winner's bracket didn't get to wrestle a round robin, like at the Traicoff. That extra match would've allowed Penn and Franklin to wrestle . . .

Franklin has their own Super Six the same weekend as Bellmont, Jan 5th.

Penn came down to the other Franklin Super Six last year (Franklin won), but Franklin had to not schedule that this year to free up the matches for the state tournament last week.

With all due respect, I think Franklin would win 8 or 9 matches if they wrestled this year. I also think Franklin would get more bonus points than the above scenario allowed for, especially at 106, 160 and 182.

It's too bad that the teams in the winner's bracket didn't get to wrestle a round robin, like at the Traicoff. That extra match would've allowed Penn and Franklin to wrestle . . .

Not to make excuses , but Penn was without a couple starters last year . And no way Franklin takes 8-9 matches . What did they take from Perry this year 3 ??? Penn took 5 from Perry . You could be right about Franklin getting more bonus points , but Penn could get falls at 138, 145 and 195 as well . Smith is a stud at 106 but I don't see him pinning or tech falling Hildebrandt, I'll stick with the major . Franklins best shot at a fall might be 160 but again I'll stick with the major as Kriech and Seth Seitzinger from Bloomimgton South seem to be pretty even wrestlers . Seitzinger beat Penn's Osborn 11-3 . And at 170 , I gave the decision to Franklin , but it would be close . Franklins wrestler lost to Perry's Warman , where Penn's Jeff Wiseman beat Warman 7-2 .

106 - Franklin maj. 4-0

113 - Franklin dec. 7-0

120 - Penn maj. 7-4

126 - Penn dec. 7-7

132 - Penn dec. 7-10

138 - Penn maj. 7-14

145 - Penn fall. 7-20

152 - Franklin dec. 10-20

160 - Franklin tech. 15-20

170 - Penn dec. 15-23

182 - Franklin fall. 21-23

195 - Penn dec. 21-26

220 - Franklin dec. 24-26

285 - Penn fall. 24-32

My take on what it might look like if they faced.

There is a lot of discussion about who should be #2....

Perry is far out in front right now that 2nd or 3rd is almost irrelevant because of the gap...

Warren, Penn, Franklin and Bloomington South  can all make cases for their team to be #2....

Do any of these schools wrestle in a dual this year?

Perry is far out in front right now that 2nd or 3rd is almost irrelevant because of the gap...

Warren, Penn, Franklin and Bloomington South  can all make cases for their team to be #2....

Looks like BS and WC will face off at the North Montgomery duals.

Warren, Penn, Franklin and Bloomington South  can all make cases for their team to be #2....

Penn and Franklin both beat Bloomington South at the Ihswca team state last weekend . At one point in the Penn BS match , the score was like 30-3 . Penn wrestled 3 JV wrestlers in that match .

Penn and Franklin both beat Bloomington South at the Ihswca team state last weekend . At one point in the Penn BS match , the score was like 30-3 . Penn wrestled 3 JV wrestlers in that match .

Im all for teams that are big enuff to have a varsity and "jv" teams travel the state on the same weekends but gotta say im sick of the fans of those teams getting on here and stating how,  at a high quality dual, a team had x number of jv wrestlers going. I call b.s. Whatever kids were going at that iswca tourney were varsity. No way harper wouldnt have put his best wrestlers out there that would give him the best chance to win. One of the best teams in IL,  Carl Sandburg, lists 20 varsity wrestlers on thier squad. Kind puts to rest this jv/varsity b.s. They just rotate those 20 during thier dual competitions and get the best match ups possible.

I think you would have to add Crown Point into the discussion as to

the number 2 team.  True, they did loseto Franklin at the Traicoff, but

it came down to the last match at 152.  Crown Point's Dusty Schurg was still out with a concussion he suffered against last years Illinois state champ at the

Stagg.  The score was 2 to 1 when they bumped heads.  Other than that his

only other loss was 8-7 against a ranked kid from Lyons Twp in Illinois. 

AlsoCrown Point's number 1 285lber was still out with a concussion he suffered

at the Warsaw invite.  At this invite he got the fastest pin of the year at that

weight.  I don't think they will do all that well at individual state, but as a dual team

they should be in the fray for number 2.

Now with WC beating BS they should jump to 4th I would  think .It really don't matter from here on out If Perry wasn't so dominate this could be very intesting. I think with already having Team state it takes some of the excitement out of the duals all we have now is what ifs!! Penn,Franklin, and WC are all right even would be nice to see who is really 2. Should at Ind State do it like college and add the scores up there?? There needs to be something for Teams awarding them at the end of the season . It don't matter this year cause the dominance of Perry but years to come might be different. like in ten years maybe someone might catch up with the Falcons

Now with WC beating BS they should jump to 4th I would  think .It really don't matter from here on out If Perry wasn't so dominate this could be very intesting. I think with already having Team state it takes some of the excitement out of the duals all we have now is what ifs!! Penn,Franklin, and WC are all right even would be nice to see who is really 2. Should at Ind State do it like college and add the scores up there?? There needs to be something for Teams awarding them at the end of the season . It don't matter this year cause the dominance of Perry but years to come might be different. like in ten years maybe someone might catch up with the Falcons

Franklin still #2 buddy. Sorry

Franklin still #2 buddy. Sorry

Maybe?? But barely squeked by EMD today.Why even keep track from here out nothing will change know matter what.The dual season might as well be over nothing is goin to change now cause the teams 2-4 will not meet again so in your head Franklin is.Someone else its Penn???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.