Clear #1 and #2 after Team State

panther83

Just my personal opinion, but after watching the matches today.

It is clear to me that PM is hands down the best team in the state, and Penn is #2

There were many closely contested matches in that dual 285, 106, 120 just to name a few that could have went either way.  Both Coaches did a great job!

Panther out.

Franklin, S. Adams and Yorktown get some major Cudo's as well

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is clearly #2 Yorktown or Franklin?? Don't get it!Great job Falcon wrestlers and coaches not even close!! Where do you get Penn is #2 in the state wasnt even close. WC would of beat any of the #2 teams. JS Wish NP was there as well they would of faired really well probably #2

i think about all we really know for sure is that PM is #1 and Yorktown, Penn, Franklin and a few others #2 and below.....PM is just a to good to be beat this year in my opinion.....congrats to them and all the other teams that took part in this duals meet......it was well ran and had a ton great competition......the people that put this together did a fine job and the 1st team duals tournament has to be considered a success...

Just my personal opinion, but after watching the matches today.

It is clear to me that PM is hands down the best team in the state, and Penn is #2

There were many closely contested matches in that dual 285, 106, 120 just to name a few that could have went either way.  Both Coaches did a great job!

Panther out.

Franklin, S. Adams and Yorktown get some major Cudo's as well

I might be a little biased , but I say Penn is the clear #2 . They handled Bloomington South and were able to wrestle a few JV guys in the process . I said erlier in the week I thought Penn could win 7 matches against Perry . I was counting on Penn winning 106 and 120 as well as the matches they did win , and that didn't happen . Perry is on another level compared to any team in Indiana this year .

Who is clearly #2 Yorktown or Franklin?? Don't get it!Great job Falcon wrestlers and coaches not even close!! Where do you get Penn is #2 in the state wasnt even close. WC would of beat any of the #2 teams. JS Wish NP was there as well they would of faired really well probably #2

Caliboy , what signature win does WC have this year to make you believe they would be #2 ? Please don't say Cathedral as Elkhart Memorial beat Cathedral 53-24 today . Penn pasted Elkhart Memorial 47-12 today as well . Do you live on Fantasy Island ? 

Caliboy , what signature win does WC have this year to make you believe they would be #2 ? Please don't say Cathedral as Elkhart Memorial beat Cathedral 53-24 today . Penn pasted Elkhart Memorial 47-12 today as well . Do you live on Fantasy Island ? 

There showing at Marion County Tour. was pretty strong Im just saying on a good day they can wrestle with any of the #2 teams out there maybe they dont win maybe they do we will never know with this Team State format.There team is very impressive though.

You do realize the in class 3a in the old format that Franklin Perry and BS all would have wrestled for one spot at team state the system was all that accurate before...as for there showing at Marion County that's an individual tourney not the same

Do you realize the team champion will be determined by the individual state tournament and so that's exactly the correct format to judge off of? (Oh, and PM still wins)

Do you realize the team champion will be determined by the individual state tournament and so that's exactly the correct format to judge off of? (Oh, and PM still wins)

I believe the individual State is going to be a VERY Balanced tourney, and as Dominant as a team that PM is, and very deserving.  Honestly, I only see them Possibly winning 2 individuals, with a big if on 126.  I think LeCount is there most dominant wrestler in his weight class.  Although is seeding and everything falls just right, I could also see them with 4 individual champs.  There are a great deal of very good young men from all over the state in each respective weight class.  If I had to pick my weight lock it's 113 nobody will touch Micic.

Panther out

I believe the individual State is going to be a VERY Balanced tourney, and as Dominant as a team that PM is, and very deserving.  Honestly, I only see them Possibly winning 2 individuals, with a big if on 126.  I think LeCount is there most dominant wrestler in his weight class.  Although is seeding and everything falls just right, I could also see them with 4 individual champs.  There are a great deal of very good young men from all over the state in each respective weight class.  If I had to pick my weight lock it's 113 nobody will touch Micic.

Panther out

I would pick Sliga as a lock

I agree with the title of this thread. Perry Meridian and Franklin are definitely the top 2 teams in the state.

Based on their results in this tourney vs common opponents in class 3A, Perry Meridian & Penn are the top two teams in class 3A.

Based on their results in this tourney vs common opponents in class 3A, Perry Meridian & Penn are the top two teams in class 3A.

Actually Franklin vs Penn would be a great match. Very close and tightly matched throughout. IMO I have it six matches each with 126 and 132 being the deciding weights.

. is that 5or6 wins I see 5 for Warren with a couple up for grabs.

Lol, I'm not laughing at you I think warren is an outstanding team but that is exactly what we thought or should I say hoped for when we (Franklin) wrestled Perry. As you can see it didn't turn out that way. A victory against Perry would be any team to hold them under 40 or score over 30 on them. I'm not sure anyone can do that.

Lol, I'm not laughing at you I think warren is an outstanding team but that is exactly what we thought or should I say hoped for when we (Franklin) wrestled Perry. As you can see it didn't turn out that way. A victory against Perry would be any team to hold them under 40 or score over 30 on them. I'm not sure anyone can do that.
Yeah looking at it again 5 would be the max and a couple of those up for grabs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.