Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings 1/9

Y2CJ41

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did this ordonez/cox match happen?

yes it Did. Ordonez won in overtime -then proceeded to have asthma attack.  Wasn't wrestling his norm and we just assumed it was shoulder. Turns out sick and had difficulty breathing. Staggered off mat

I know this one wrestler that isnt huge but he weighs the same as everyone else in his weight class. He doesn't make much noise so he hasn't said what his mission statement is but I would guess he is on some sort of mission. I would say he is a force to be wreckened with on occasion yet isn't ranked at semi state although he could probably rank in the top 8 in his conference. Is he allowed to wrestle during the state series?

I know this one wrestler that isnt huge but he weighs the same as everyone else in his weight class. He doesn't make much noise so he hasn't said what his mission statement is but I would guess he is on some sort of mission. I would say he is a force to be wreckened with on occasion yet isn't ranked at semi state although he could probably rank in the top 8 in his conference. Is he allowed to wrestle during the state series?

That kid got hosed by the ref and his coaches last year.

That kid got hosed by the ref and his coaches last year.

yea, i remember, isnt he the one that the coach gave him a water bottle to while they were weighing in and even though he didnt drink it, the ref said the condesation from the bottle absorbed into his hands and would give him an unfair advantage and DQ'd him? a he was on a mission last year year too. I remember cause he was making all kinds of noise.

yea, i remember, isnt he the one that the coach gave him a water bottle to while they were weighing in and even though he didnt drink it, the ref said the condesation from the bottle absorbed into his hands and would give him an unfair advantage and DQ'd him? a he was on a mission last year year too. I remember cause he was making all kinds of noise.

Good memory.  Of course we tend to remember kids who have paid the price for success.

Good memory.  Of course we tend to remember kids who have paid the price for success.

he didnt learn his lesson from that last year unfortunately. He has been DQ'd over and over again this season for similar things. Just before stepping on the scales earlier this year, he was spotted swallowing his own saliva. he was informed that was illegal rehydration. then the next week he was spotted spitting it out. He was DQ'd again for trying to cut weight (he was wrestling up 2 weight classes that day). he has only made it into 3 matches this year and is 3-0 but each win was a different weight class. He is one of very few who are technically undefeated in every single weight class, yet still doesnt get ranked. no respect. he really worked on his skills during the summer too as he wrestled in ISWA...well he tried anyway. He was wearing his schools singlet and was DQ'd for that too.

sounds like a good match. If michaels from centerville is wrestling tomorrow at the dual (been out for a week with flu), that should give some idea of whether or not gavin gets his conference championship on saturday. Michaels will be his toughest opponent in TEC but gavin should still win, especially tomorrow as michaels should be weak and not in shape just yet. Hopefully gavin can whip michaels into shape for conference lol. Both great wrestlers and good kids.

I'm not really familiar with michaels but have watched Gavin grow up and turn into a fierce wrestler.  And youre right, he is a good kid.  We will be rooting for him to win most def

I'm not really familiar with michaels but have watched Gavin grow up and turn into a fierce wrestler.  And youre right, he is a good kid.  We will be rooting for him to win most def

Michaels was still out last night and tipton bumped up to wrestle gavin one last time. Gavin had beaten tipton 3 times now I believe and tipton finally beat gavin last night 9-2. Not sure where they all will line up at in conference now but will soon find out as seed meeting is tonight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.