Results from Fargo live on Twitter!

Y2CJ41

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I converter correctly Mappes and Johnson will wrestle in the Junior Greco Finals  will be at 3:15 (EST)  and Junior Women finals with Miracle and hopefully a few others will be at 6:45 (EST).

www.themat.tv will have live coverage of the matches.

Mappes and Johnson will be on this stream

www.themat.tv/2012/07/2012-cadet-junior-nationals-mat-18/

Miracle will be on this stream

http://www.themat.tv/2012/07/2012-cadet-junior-nationals-mat-1/

it's sure nice having you guys that keep us posted on when and where to watch and all of the updates.......thanks!

Wow, Mappes has had an amazing year. Comes out of nowhere, never a state qualifier, beats the sentimental favorite and prototypical wrestler-athlete in Willis at State, wins State Title undefeated, and is on the cusp of a Junior AA Status

I wouldn't say he came out of nowhere. If I remember correctly, I saw a national ranking that listed him as an honorable mention.

And I had him as my state champion pick ever since I saw him at the Al Smith. He was truly a fun wrestler to watch this year.

Cadet Freestyle starts Wednesday.

Flowrestling believe a few of our lower and upper weights are contenders based on recent preferences

(Trying to find/recall info quickly so I may have left out an accomplishment or two)

106 S. Coy  - Solid Duals record, 2012Cadet Greco AA

113 S. Micic - 2011 Cadet National Champ, FILA Cadet Runner-Up

120 B. James - 2011 Cadet AA, 2011 Folkstyle Preseason Nationals

132 J. Champagne - Solid Duals record, 2011 FloWrestling MS Champ, 2011 Kids Freestyle National Champ

132 C. LeCount  - 2011 Folkstyle Preseason Nationals AA

220 C. Tolley - Solid Duals record, 2012 FILA Cadets AA,  2012 Cadet Greco Runner Up

HWT G. Jolley-Little - 2012 Cadet Greco AA, 2o12 Folkstyle National Champ, Solid Dual Record

Also worth a look based on recent national results

88 D. Hildebrandt - Strong Duals showing, Kids Folkstyle Nationals AA

170 R. Stevenson - Folkstyle Nationals Runner-up

If these guys can preform to AA status and one or two more can sneak in under the radar the Cadet Team may finish with a high placement at Freestyle Nationals this year.

9 left in Cadets Freestyle which concludes tomorrow.  Good write up on the main page on their progress and what they will face tomorrow.  

http://www.indianamat.com/nine-cadets-battle-through-day-one/2012/07/

Indiana still has a shot at a solid Team showing if these guys can keep today's momentum going forward.

The Women's dual competition also occurred today.  Without enough members the IN squad split up into the three Draw Team's for competition.  Kayla Miracle was able to post a 4-0 record during this competition.

The Junior Freestyle Event starts tomorrow.

9 left in Cadets Freestyle which concludes tomorrow.  Good write up on the main page on their progress and what they will face tomorrow.  

http://www.indianamat.com/nine-cadets-battle-through-day-one/2012/07/

Indiana still has a shot at a solid Team showing if these guys can keep today's momentum going forward.

The Women's dual competition also occurred today.  Without enough members the IN squad split up into the three Draw Team's for competition.  Kayla Miracle was able to post a 4-0 record during this competition.

The Junior Freestyle Event starts tomorrow.

Some big tourney's for the guys to become High School Juniors with long term implications.

Does Smith's kid have a low single ?

FloWrestling's possible contenders from IN for Junior Freestyle

106 J. Cottey - 2011 Cadet Freestyle AA,

132 J. McKinley - 2011 Junior Freestyle AA

138 T. Forte - Solid Junior Duals record

138 N. Molloy - 2012 FloWrestling AA,

170 S. Mappes - 2012 Junior Greco AA, 2011 Folkstyle Nationals AA

195 M. Sliga -2012 FILA Cadet Champ, 2011 Cadet Freestyle/Greco National Champ

HWT D. Windfield - Folkstyle nationally ranked

Also having some solid recent results

160 K. Johnson - 2011 & 2012 Junior Greco AA, 2012 FloWrestling AA

We definitely have a few other wrestlers still flying under the radar that are capable of going deep in the event.  If things fall right we could also see the Junior's with a solid team showing.

Not sure, but this is the video of him pinning the Greco champ in 39 seconds

Lol, I could have swore when the video started the other kid looked just like John Smith at that age.  Joe Smith looks and wrestles more like Smith's older brother LeRoy; you would rarely see John Smith go up top like that....but tough kid.

Any of these Indiana Cadets wrestling Jr as well?

Any of these Indiana Cadets wrestling Jr as well?

You are only allowed to be in one age group or the other for the National competition.  This maybe due to both age groups wrestling at the same time.  I'm not sure if they let you jump age groups between the Greco and Freestyle event though.  The Women's division are allowed to compete in both since they occur on different days and it helps ensure a larger number of competitors as their side of things continues to grow.

surprising to see Sliga lose his first match!!

South Carolina guy was able to get in deep on him several times during the match.

It may have been very unlucky draw for Sliga, with Flo picking his opponent to win it all.

South Carolina guy was able to get in deep on him several times during the match.

It may have been very unlucky draw for Sliga, with Flo picking his opponent to win it all.

Amateur Wrestling News has Dudley ranked 3rd at 195.  Pretty good wrestler and nothing to hang your head over.

Sometimes the bracketing and scoring works out in your favor:

All these guys finished 4-2 in Cadet 132:

Mudd (losses only to Top 3)

Marriott (losses only to Top 3)

Wright (losses to Mudd and Top 3)

Champagne (losses to Wright and Top 3)

You'd have to rate Champagne 4th out of this group, but he gets the nod for All-American honors because of 2 falls and a tech.

Lecount in Finals against Pico. James in round robin with James, Smith and Jimenez. James needs to beat Smith and Smith needs to beat Jimenez for Brandon to make Finals. Micic in Finals with Velencia.  Good luck guys.

Heartbreaker for James losing 2-2 in the 3rd.  Great match, and sooo close to the exposure on the last takedown. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.